Sean White most improved player

AU-Allen

Sean White seems to have earned a lot of respect from other SEC fans after this game. Him and Carlton Davis are for sure bright spots.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That anyone is questioning the fact that SW is our QB going forward after today is very confusing to me. Our receivers and their brick hands would have lost us the game if we had Jason flipping Campbell at QB today.

I just hate to see these AU "fans" with their venom ....players don't care, not tying, etc.....maybe some are former athletes but I have to wonder how they think these guys go through all that they do to make it to AU, practice and work out just about year around...and finally make it onto the field for football games....and yet they "don't care" .....that view makes absolutely no sense to me.

Not many.

If the WR's, O and D-Linemen, and LBers, played their positions as well as White plays QB, we would be just fine. I don't know how average or how great he will eventually be, but I know he is not this teams problem. There are MANY problems that need solving before QB becomes top priority. I can't remember any Auburn QB that could overcome this team's deficiencies enough to be championship caliber.

I don't know who the most improved player is, but there are some getting better each game and some are not. Not many folks are mentioning Braden Smith and Golson. No bad snaps. Not sure if we had a false start. Maybe one?

I don't know who was watching the game but I thought the whole O-line played well. Barber doesn't get his yards without some blocking and SW doesn't hit so many receivers whether they caught it or not without some blocking. Davis played well and so did Countess and Casanova on Defense. Line backing was pathetic. Then SW was stellar and KJ did great out of the Wildcat. So I saw a lot of good things out of the O. The O is starting to play like a team.

The thing that I think that bothers me the most on D is we don't blitz much but when we do it is very vanilla and we advertise it before we come.

I thought they played well too. Protection was good, generally.

Protection was good - and SW has great pocket presence. He holds it too long a time or two, but thats inexperience.

He does hold it a smidge too long at times but he gets the ball outta there and isn't scared to stay in the pocket and take a hit to deliver the ball IMO

Am hoping we see more of this King kid. He made one heads up play and made one great catch for a first down. Put the people out there that want to play.

I don't know who was watching the game but I thought the whole O-line played well. Barber doesn't get his yards without some blocking and SW doesn't hit so many receivers whether they caught it or not without some blocking. Davis played well and so did Countess and Casanova on Defense. Line backing was pathetic. Then SW was stellar and KJ did great out of the Wildcat. So I saw a lot of good things out of the O. The O is starting to play like a team.

Agreed. I typed and deleted a long post in another Sean White thread, but our OL will absolutely be a strength going forward and next year. Lack of experience hurt us early as some expected (what we didn't expect was everybody being so bad around them), but they look good now and we might possibly get them all back next year. QB and RBs will be good enough. HBs are starting to come along. WRs... well, we've seen a lot more from Stevens the last couple weeks, and Smith seems to be a big play powder keg waiting to explode.

Question: where the heck are our TEs??? I know they're young, but sheesh, I think I've seen Coleman lined up at TE more than Harris or Laye.

Archived