All Things Darius Slayton (Merged)

Barnacle

I had, and still have high hopes for this kid. Seems to be the type of player that could develop into a big play receiver. That being said, does anyone know what is keeping him off the field? Obviously he's a true freshman, so there are a lot of reasons that he might not be ready, I'm just curious if anyone knows what specifically DC is waiting to see from him.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redshirting is ridiculous days with players leaving early, bring him along his freshman year and he has experience, gives him a chance at 2 really good years

I had, and still have high hopes for this kid. Seems to be the type of player that could develop into a big play receiver. That being said, does anyone know what is keeping him off the field? Obviously he's a true freshman, so there are a lot of reasons that he might not be ready, I'm just curious if anyone knows what specifically DC is waiting to see from him.

Agreed, I really loved what I seen of him on film during the recruiting process and was very exited to land him.

Why burn the redshirt now? Doesn't make sense.

If he can catch it does.

There is more to WR than catching the ball. Ever watch Amari Cooper? He was excellent at everything and then he caught the ball....

If he can catch it does.

There is more to WR than catching the ball. Ever watch Amari Cooper? He was excellent at everything and then he caught the ball....

And he didn't redshirt. Look at a guy like Calvin Ridley that's been pretty good for them this year.

If he can catch it does.

And he didn't redshirt. Look at a guy like Calvin Ridley that's been pretty good for them this year.

If Slayton was anywhere close to where those guys were (are) as freshman, I'm pretty sure we'd be seeing him right now.

I have bren high on him for a while. Staff probably made decision to redshift him at the beginning of the season when we still had Duke and believed our WRs were all relay good.

I have bren high on him for a while. Staff probably made decision to redshift him at the beginning of the season when we still had Duke and believed our WRs were all relay good.

I know that he was recruited as a CB for a long time, and that maybe he didn't play WR until a little later in HS. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he's still pretty raw when it comes to playing the position. But, his upside his huge IMO. Breakaway speed, long arms, and big sticky hands.

If he can catch it does.

If Slayton was anywhere close to where those guys were (are) as freshman, I'm pretty sure we'd be seeing him right now.

He hasn't got any kind of significant playing time, not saying he would succeed or anything but we haven't shown that we learn much from practice in terms of game talent in recent years.

If he can catch it does.

Yes, but for AU catching would be an upgrade.

If he can catch it does.

Calvin might be more ready than Darius. That's not beyond possibility.

If he can catch it does.

He hasn't got any kind of significant playing time, not saying he would succeed or anything but we haven't shown that we learn much from practice in terms of game talent in recent years.

that's a valid point

If he can catch it does.

We have seniors that aren't "ready" so what's the point? Lol, not trying to sound like an a hole but really with inconsistent upperclassmen what does it hurt to give a receiver a legit shot at the rotation in game situations? We always think people are better than they are because of practice it seems.

you drunk yet?

If he can catch it does.

We have seniors that aren't "ready" so what's the point? Lol, not trying to sound like an a hole but really with inconsistent upperclassmen what does it hurt to give a receiver a legit shot at the rotation in game situations? We always think people are better than they are because of practice it seems.

If seniors are not ready it's not like we can redshirt... So what are you going to do with them? Im not following

you drunk yet?

Drunk? Maybe. From him? No.

If he can catch it does.

If seniors are not ready it's not like we cant redshirt... So what are you going to do with them? Im not following

So redshirt them so they have no game experience next year? I'm not following you

If he can catch it does.

If seniors are not ready it's not like we cant redshirt... So what are you going to do with them? Im not following

So redshirt them so they have no game experience next year? I'm not following you

I meant we can't redshirt the seniors once we figure out they are not ready

We aleady have three losses so why burn a redshirt? It's not like he is guaranteed to be gone in three years. Redshirt year is probably good for him.

If he can catch it does.

I meant we can't redshirt the seniors once we figure out they are not ready

So why redshirt the freshmen and leave them without game experience unless it's an injury or having quality depth reason? Can't really tell what u need to work on in the offseason. Marcus, Stevens, and Smith are destined to be our top 3 WR's next year if you're going by current depth chart and that rotation will need to include Slayton and Ryan Davis because I'm personally no completely confident in that top 3 to give us the explosive play like we need.

Archived