All Things Darius Slayton (Merged)

Barnacle

We aleady have three losses so why burn a redshirt? It's not like he is guaranteed to be gone in three years. Redshirt year is probably good for him.

At this point in the season in not exactly disagreeing with u. Still has 5-6 games to get some experience tho. Just don't feel like our WR play has justified anybody getting a redshirt IMO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aleady have three losses so why burn a redshirt? It's not like he is guaranteed to be gone in three years. Redshirt year is probably good for him.

At this point in the season in not exactly disagreeing with u. Still has 5-6 games to get some experience tho. Just don't feel like our WR play has justified anybody getting a redshirt IMO

Thats true. For me, he is like the hope that more help is coming.

Why burn the redshirt now? Doesn't make sense.

If he can catch it does.

There is more to WR than catching the ball. Ever watch Amari Cooper? He was excellent at everything and then he caught the ball....

And he didn't redshirt. Look at a guy like Calvin Ridley that's been pretty good for them this year.

Calvin might be more ready than Darius. That's not beyond possibility.

We have seniors that aren't "ready" so what's the point? Lol, not trying to sound like an a hole but really with inconsistent upperclassmen what does it hurt to give a receiver a legit shot at the rotation in game situations? We always think people are better than they are because of practice it seems.

If seniors are not ready it's not like we cant redshirt... So what are you going to do with them? Im not following

So redshirt them so they have no game experience next year? I'm not following you

Could be something simple like not being comfortable in the offense and not knowing assignments

Why burn the redshirt now? Doesn't make sense.

If he can catch it does.

There is more to WR than catching the ball. Ever watch Amari Cooper? He was excellent at everything and then he caught the ball....

And he didn't redshirt. Look at a guy like Calvin Ridley that's been pretty good for them this year.

Calvin might be more ready than Darius. That's not beyond possibility.

We have seniors that aren't "ready" so what's the point? Lol, not trying to sound like an a hole but really with inconsistent upperclassmen what does it hurt to give a receiver a legit shot at the rotation in game situations? We always think people are better than they are because of practice it seems.

If seniors are not ready it's not like we cant redshirt... So what are you going to do with them? Im not following

So redshirt them so they have no game experience next year? I'm not following you

Could be something simple like not being comfortable in the offense and not knowing assignments

You can only learn so much in practice. Hasn't translated well to the game for us lately. Let the guys take their lumps on the field and learn.

Unfortunately, it would seem that there were some severe miscalculations on how productive our skill players would be this season. I think it is a lesson learn for both the fans and the coaches quite honestly.

Unfortunately, it would seem that there were some severe miscalculations on how productive our skill players would be this season. I think it is a lesson learn for both the fans and the coaches quite honestly.

That and I don't think the fans realized the impact of Myron Burton leaving would have such a negative and immediate effect on our depth chart.

That and I don't think the fans realized the impact of Myron Burton leaving would have such a negative and immediate effect on our depth chart.

You took the words out of my mouth. He and Sean White had a pretty good connection in the short time we saw them play together.

• 5 months later...

In Carlton Davis interview he said Darius Slayton stands out the most out of all the WRs. Watch out this year, Slayton may just be the best receiver we have. Sorry, E no link. Interview is on al.com. He also said that the defense is playing with a lot of intensity, and the goal is to hold opposing offenses to 14 points per game.

In Carlton Davis interview he said Darius Slayton stands out the most out of all the WRs. Watch out this year, Slayton may just be the best receiver we have. Sorry, E no link. Interview is on al.com. He also said that the defense is playing with a lot of intensity, and the goal is to hold opposing offenses to 14 points per game.

I think we can win if we give up less than 15 points a game.

Maybe, although our QB situation would make even that a challenge. :)

Maybe, although our QB situation would make even that a challenge. :)/>

If that's the case, see ya Gus. All you needed was 15 points. I'll call you a cab...

(Low hanging fruit)

What I hear about JF3 leads my opinion to go back and forth. One day it sounds like he's completely incapable of being even an adequate QB, the next it sounds like he's ready to step up and lead.

I hope Horton really pushes Leff for the starting job. I also still think we'd be better off trying to preserve the returning interior of the line. We don't want to get caught in a loop where we have a new OL every year.

i know we're thin at WR and Slayton may be the best that we've got, but I would love to see this guy opposite of Carlton Davis at DB. I think he would be a STUD

i know we're thin at WR and Slayton may be the best that we've got, but I would love to see this guy opposite of Carlton Davis at DB. I think he would be a STUD

Ever hear of Jamel Dean? Coach McGriff has.

Ever hear of Jamel Dean? Coach McGriff has.

Lets see him play at least one snap first

When was the last time Auburn had a player play both ways?

Trob maybe. maybe not i think he switched from offense to defense early in his career. good question no one comes to mind....there was a talented kid from Hartselle who played both sides of the ball in his very short career but not in same games. i think his name was Herman Banks. waste of talent, immature crybaby..

Trob maybe. maybe not i think he switched from offense to defense early in his career.

Correct. Played WR in 1999. Switched to DB in 2000.

Coaches said in 1995 that Robert Baker would have been the best DB on the team had he played DB. I believe it considering how little depth and experience we had at DB in 1995.

Trob maybe. maybe not i think he switched from offense to defense early in his career.

Coaches said in 1995 that Robert Baker would have been the best DB on the team had he played DB. I believe it considering how little depth and experience we had at DB in 1995.

i started to mention Baker but couldn't remember if he ever played defense.

i started to mention Baker but couldn't remember if he ever played defense.

Another player that made a nice transition was Gabe McKenzie. Played TE from 2006-2007. Moved to DE in 2008 (pick six v LSU). Back to TE in the 2008 Georgia/bammer games. Back to DE in 2009.

Were we really hurting that bad for WRs then? Didn't we have Bailey and Goodson and Poor at that time? Maybe I'm thinking a few years after 95 but if he was the best DB........he should've been playing DB?

Archived