How long will it take for Auburn to be decent again?

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say next year... But.. Our defense this year will be more experienced with upperclassmen than next years team will be?! So idk. The offense should be improved a lot next year.

I would say next year... But.. Our defense this year will be more experienced with upperclassmen than next years team will be?! So idk. The offense should be improved a lot next year.

SHOULD be decent but it's still a lot of upper classmen, that's the problem.

Define 'decent'.

Agree...this is a nationally competitive team....better than the vast majority of schools playing football.....SEC west is a junior NFL league and even the lower rated teams are very damn good.

JMO but there is not much margin for error with the team and all the drops today made a huge difference. Just watch bama or baylor for example and see what difference a couple reliable pass receivers makes to an offense. RL is the best we have but he is nowhere in the class with Ridley and that guy from Baylor who has about 18 TD catches already this year...he catches everything that is even close to him.

Define 'decent'.

Agree...this is a nationally competitive team....better than the vast majority of schools playing football.....SEC west is a junior NFL league and even the lower rated teams are very damn good.

JMO but there is not much margin for error with the team and all the drops today made a huge difference. Just watch bama or baylor for example and see what difference a couple reliable pass receivers makes to an offense. RL is the best we have but he is nowhere in the class with Ridley and that guy from Baylor who has about 18 TD catches already this year...he catches everything that is even close to him.

It makes it worse, since we had a receiver on the team who we all know could have played like that (catching anything near him), yet he got himself kicked off the team. Marcus Davis was reliable as a true frosh, as well. The receivers should have played better today, no doubt.

Define 'decent'.

It makes it worse, since we had a receiver on the team who we all know could have played like that (catching anything near him), yet he got himself kicked off the team. Marcus Davis was reliable as a true frosh, as well. The receivers should have played better today, no doubt.

Well, if I recall DW had contracted a case of dropsy too ......so him leaving or not leaving did not make much difference IMO.

Define 'decent'.

Well, if I recall DW had contracted a case of dropsy too ......so him leaving or not leaving did not make much difference IMO.

This season, yes, he did. And for some reason, Marcus Davis isn't featuring much this season as a receiver, either. Of course, Ricardo balled out the first quarter against UK.

If I were SW, I'd try really hard this week to find out who I can trust.

Define 'decent'.

This season, yes, he did. And for some reason, Marcus Davis isn't featuring much this season as a receiver, either. Of course, Ricardo balled out the first quarter against UK.

Problem is...RL can get open and if SW ignores him...pretty soon we will see JJ back on the field. QBs do what coaches tell them to do. It's RL's job to catch the ball.....no SW's job to find someone else to throw to...JMO

Define 'decent'.

Problem is...RL can get open and if SW ignores him...pretty soon we will see JJ back on the field. QBs do what coaches tell them to do. It's RL's job to catch the ball.....no SW's job to find someone else to throw to...JMO

Interesting. If I were SW and hit RL in the hands a few more times, and he dropped it, I'd find another target. It's the air traffic controller's job to tell the pilots when they can take off and land and such; but the pilots still have to fly the planes.

Well we have seen the impact of individual players from juco so who knows but considering our level of talent will not be much different next year hopefully 2017

Define 'decent'.

Interesting. If I were SW and hit RL in the hands a few more times, and he dropped it, I'd find another target. It's the air traffic controller's job to tell the pilots when they can take off and land and such; but the pilots still have to fly the planes.

Well maybe...but pilots don't free-lance on the routes.....and fly the route and destination that's approved. That said...but I guess the coaches would not put him on the field unless they figured it was worth the risk..they know the upside and downside as well as everyone else ...and they know what the options are.

Define 'decent'.

Well maybe...but pilots don't free-lance on the routes.....and fly the route and destination that's approved. That said...but I guess the coaches would not put him on the field unless they figured it was worth the risk..they know the upside and downside as well as everyone else ...and they know what the options are.

Right -- but if they're cleared for landing, but they see a huge storm or another plane or something, they can choose to turn the plane in another direction.

Plus, there's such a thing as managing up. I suspect SW is capable of that. Could be completely wrong, though.

So the consensus is that we should hope for 10 wins two years from now? So we're saying 2 years from now we should hope to be around 3rd in the west? If that's all we can hope for after last year and this year it's time to clean house IMO. We had better be setting our hopes a hell of a lot higher than 10 wins once every 4 years or we won't deserve to do any better than that.

We're talking in measure of recruiting cycles, development cycles, maybe even coaching cycles. I'm thinking this year of being real bad, next year of being mediocre, and then maybe 10 wins.

Unfortunately yep.

t's all we can hope for after last year and this year it's time to clean house IMO. We had better be setting our hopes a hell of a lot higher than 10 wins once every 4

So the consensus is that we should hope for 10 wins two years from now? So we're saying 2 years from now we should hope to be around 3rd in the west? If thayears or we won't deserve to do any better than that.

Give me a serious scenario of how we can do better. I don't see one.

Defense, defense, defense. I love Malzahn's offense and I think he has proven that he can field an offensively competitive team but how did we fall so far from the pack that not even Will Muschamp can make due with the defensive personnel that we have?

t's all we can hope for after last year and this year it's time to clean house IMO. We had better be setting our hopes a hell of a lot higher than 10 wins once every 4

So the consensus is that we should hope for 10 wins two years from now? So we're saying 2 years from now we should hope to be around 3rd in the west? If thayears or we won't deserve to do any better than that.

Give me a serious scenario of how we can do better. I don't see one.

Any coach worth the 4 mil a year we pay should have zero problems keeping AU above a level of 10 wins once every 4 years. Hell Tubberville had 2 10 win seasons in his last 5 years (and then got fired for one 5-7 year). If the problem

Isn't coaching then it's the entire athletic dept. o don't know where the problem lies, but I say again, if we accept 10 wins once every four years then we don't deserve to be any better than that. Do we? Should we just accept it? I for one won't be.

Archived