Can we get to a bowl game?

bikeriderga

In my mind, Arkansas was the best chance to win another SEC game. Now it is absolutely required that we beat one the teams below, who are much tougher competition wise.

1. Ole Miss

2. TAMU

4. Georgia

5. Bama

Out of those, the team that looks the most vulnerable are Ole Miss and Georgia. However, with our defense, I am going to go with Georgia.

It will be terrible if we go 5-7. 6-6 isn't good, but a losing season under Gus is going to hurt in more than one way.

Dunno. Only good thing about a bowl game would be extra practice at this point.

extra practice for what? fundamentals, catching the ball?

What suck ass bowl would we go to, Birmingham? No thanks

We should still strive for a bowl game for our seniors and I would like to see Gus get a bowl victory as a head coach actually. Georgia is vulnerable. Ole miss doesn't run between the tackles particularly well, so they may very well be a glimmer of a chance in that game if we put together long drives. No point in thinking we can stop treadwell though, he will get his. I am not going to even ponder on the aggies or bama.

In my mind, Arkansas was the best chance to win another SEC game. Now it is absolutely required that we beat one the teams below, who are much tougher competition wise.

1. Ole Miss

2. TAMU

3. Bama

4. Georgia

5. Bama

Out of those, the team that looks the most vulnerable are Ole Miss and Georgia. However, with our defense, I am going to go with Georgia.

It will be terrible if we go 5-7. 6-6 isn't good, but a losing season under Gus is going to hurt in more than one way.

Jax St. i thought doesn't count towards a bowl eligible win being D1-AA. SO make that magical number 7 total wins this year to be eligible.

1. Ole Miss

2. TAMU

3. Bama

4. Georgia

5. Bama

We play bama twice? Then hell no. Seriously, we have to beat Ole Miss or this team will fold. They have a lot of fight now, but wait til they are 1-4 in the SEC 4-4 overall with 1 winnable game left. I don't know how these coaches convince players they can still win with the same schemes. I doubt they will personally.

I just don't see it. There is just a certain lack of ability that keep showing itself game after game. I'll be happy to cheer if we do win one but at this point, the way we've been playing throughout the season....

I don't think Ole Miss looks awesome. Neither does TAMU or UGA. I win over Idaho and one of those three gets us there.

Yeah I agree. Ole Miss is banged up, but they are capable of throwing up a ton of points. The big advantage for us will be playing at home. I think we can beat both Ole Miss and Georgia. A&M in College Station will be tough. I like our chances best over Georgia.

Problem is we can't stop OM or aTm offense at all. Our offense isn't what it's been in the past to make up for the D liability. Those guys gonna light us up and I'm not sure we can match them. UGA looking like a better match up which is kinda odd to even think about.

Problem is we can't stop OM or aTm offense at all. Our offense isn't what it's been in the past to make up for the D liability. Those guys gonna light us up and I'm not sure we can match them. UGA looking like a better match up which is kinda odd to even think about.

Neither offense is lighting the world on fire lately.

Very true, but they haven't been playing our D either. :)

Maybe, but they will be as formidable of offenses, at least throwing the ball, that we will see all year.

I actually think all our remaining games are winnable, which isn't to say I think we win them all.

Bama didn't look unbeatable today. Ole Miss beat them. We can, too -- especially if they turn the ball over 5 times.

Idaho and one more win gets us to a bowl. I think that, at least, will happen.

I say Ole Miss or UGA are our best bets, for sure.

Right now I don't know if it would be better for us to go to a nothing bowl or just use the extra time for the coaches to get out and recruit some defensive talent. They say it helps to get a bowl because you get extra practice time but really what good would it do to get extra practice time for these same players? We have a huge problem on this defense and it is lack of talent not scheme. The coaches need to be hitting every JC in the country and finding some guys who can get the job done, especially up front on the DL..

We have lost to the two worst teams in the SECW (besides us). It's nice to keep a positive attitude, but this team is not bowl material.

We have lost to the two worst teams in the SECW (besides us). It's nice to keep a positive attitude, but this team is not bowl material.

I think we make a bowl. That would only require two more wins. At this point, I think we should definitely beat Idaho (we're no longer the team that nearly lost to Jax state). That means we just need one good game out of the remainder. I think we get that.

BTW,

The way that Ole Miss is beating up on A&M, doubt we will this game next week.

Wouldn't read too much into that. This is ole miss's bounce back game at home. A&M seems overrated again anyway. Not saying by any means Auburn will beat them but I wouldn't base it off rebs performance tonight.

What's the dam shame is they are all beatable by most average AU teams. This AU team is below average and baring a few more miracles has virtually no chance to beat ANY of our remaining SEC games. Really just a damn shame.

Archived