Go Noles...

doug3020

not a kick 6 but the closest thing to it I've ever seen ....great blocking...

flipped it over just in time to enjoy it. I normally don't watch fsu or uat play because I loathe them so much. Love it...Just ripped their heart out. LOVE seeing that returned for a TD like that. AWESOME and Thank you Georgia Tech. #hatefsu.

I expect even Golf had to enjoy that play.....

Hell no....................having to watch that damn game in that garbage of a stadium was pain enough

Man...that's a historic site....one of the oldest active stadiums in the US.....gotta make you feel good to be a part of history....and is it true that you were on the construction crew that built the first version in the early 1900s?

Hell no....................having to watch that damn game in that garbage of a stadium was pain enough

Man...that's a historic site....one of the oldest active stadiums in the US.....gotta make you feel good to be a part of history....and is it true that you were on the construction crew that built the first version in the early 1900s?

No but I've been to that god awful place over 10 times for AU games. Historic site my ass. What a hell hole and next to the hood. No offense to the hood.

Thought there was a rule that a blocked field goal, once past the line of scrimmage was a dead ball. Is that only for the offense? Doesn't seem like that should be the case if it is... Any refs here? I'm not sure that td should have counted.

Thought there was a rule that a blocked field goal, once past the line of scrimmage was a dead ball. Is that only for the offense? Doesn't seem like that should be the case if it is... Any refs here? I'm not sure that td should have counted.

WHAT.....so an entire officiating crew missed the call as did the FSU coach ? You were joking.....right? If not, the rule is the defensive team can advance the ball but the kicking (offensive) team can't advance the ball. It's pretty simple and has been that way for years. ...though I expect that most blocked FGs that get run back are picked up in the area of where the kick was blocked.....which allows the ball to be run back without too many defensive players to prevent the play.

Well, we clearly know you haven't seen the Football rules and Interpretations thread PINNED in the football forum. :lol:

To answer your question, Absolutely NOT. It is NOT a dead ball. YES it should have counted and it did count. It's a scrimmage kick. Any scrimmage kick can be advanced by the receiving team. That's why Chris Davis was able to return the missed FG vs. uat. The block means nothing. The only thing the block means, is if the ball never crossed the neutral zone. If that were the case, then EITHER team can recover and advance the ball. A missed FG is treated just like a punt in that it can be advanced if it stays in bounds. However, under high school rules, once the kick breaks the plane of the goal line, it would be an automatic touchback because kicks can not be run out of the endzone in high school football.

Catch or Recovery by Receiving Team

ARTICLE 5. If a scrimmage kick is caught or recovered by a player of the

receiving team, the ball continues in play (Exceptions: Rules 4-1-3-g, 6-3-9,

6-5-1 and 2) (A.R. 8-4-2-V).

The great thing here is that the returner's hesitation probably made the whole thing possible...if he had made an immediate move towards the ball the kicking team would have been in better positions to defend the return. They were headed off the field/not paying attention.

The great thing here is that the returner's hesitation probably made the whole thing possible...if he had made an immediate move towards the ball the kicking team would have been in better positions to defend the return. They were headed off the field/not paying attention.

Kind of like our Kick 6....only a handful of FSU players realized what was happening ....and as at AU....., it was mostly a bunch of big fat guys chasing a speedy back who easily juked them.

Archived