Sean White's night

eulessau

Going to rewatch the game I missed most of it but what was his stats?

Did he get a TD pass?

Due to the number of drops his stat are pretty misleading:

19-34 for 254 yards. Averaging 7.3 yards per pass. No TDs, but threw for a 2 point conversion

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who've knocked Malzahn and Lashlee for lack of QB development, I would say watch this kid and see how they are handling him. They've gone from short timing routes and quick screens to rolling him out to deep drops and letting him read full field progressions. He even ran between the tackles off the read option yesterday. What he lacks in physical tools (particularly size), he more than makes up for in grit. He did more than enough for us to have won yesterday.

Sean will go down in the annals of football lore as the greatest QB to never score a TD.

I laughed WAY harder than I should have at this.

Sean's play encourages me that we might have a pretty good offense next year. I know we say that every year, but this is going to be a very experienced squad next year.

Sean's play encourages me that we might have a pretty good offense next year. I know we say that every year, but this is going to be a very experienced squad next year.

Everyone minus Ricardo and Ray should be back. They will be tough to replace as losing any seniors will be but with the way SW is progressing this could be a very good offense next year. I think the run game is sufficient enough right now with the backs we have even without a DT QB because SW is a good enough passer right now (and he'll only improve) to keep defenses honest. I really like what I'm seeing out of SW and his improvement for the future and I had previously said I only want to see dual threat QBs manning the QB spot for AU because I think they are more dangerous. But as SW's natural improvement of his arm coupled with experience I think he could be a very good QB for AU.

All in all, I'm pretty comfortable our QB situation moving forward and looking forward to seeing these young guys progress. Once we have our 20 and 30 game experience levels on par with past successful AU teams this roster will be a force IMO.

All in all, I'm pretty comfortable our QB situation moving forward and looking forward to seeing these young guys progress. Once we have our 20 and 30 game experience levels on par with past successful AU teams this roster will be a force IMO.

That's the one thing that might be very, very good about this season. Not saying this will be the 2003/2012 to next season's 2004/2013, but some of these guys are going to be very good football players week 1 of next year. If they get help from the front 7 on defense and the perimeter guys on offense, we can be good.

Sean's play encourages me that we might have a pretty good offense in November. Next year could be VERY good. He seems like the kind of QB who, now that he has the reigns, is going to put in A LOT of extra hours with his WRs during the off season, building that chemistry that is so important. I believe he has the skill to be a better passer than AU has seen in a VERY long time.

Poor guy may be at AU during an era when we're less likely to let a QB be hyped for Heisman than ever before/again. (Don't go crazy please just because the H word appeared in this post).

Hey as long as the Heisman hype happens in-season, because of production, I'm on board with it.

Not so much giving Heisman hype when a kid has only thrown 70 passes. The media is dumb as (edit)* poop for that.

Only negative I can see that I'm sure he will improve on and that's holding the ball too long. That could be that it takes long for the play to develop or he's just going through his progressions. Other than that he has been impressive.

This kid has heart...He is starting to remind me a bit of Jeff Berger in the 80s. I just hope that Sean does get in a fight. I remember Coach Dye seating Jeff for a game when Jeff got a bit too rough. I think it was a game with Mississippi State where Reggie Slack came in and did a great job with pounding the Bulldogs.

hmmm...didnt realize that...thanks for OP.

That was a WOW for me.

You know if 70% of those 10 drops were catches I could be feeling reallly good about remaining games.

If Ric Louis is really fouled up like post said, brings some solid leadership and realizes after watching film that hey...this #13 that is a Redshirt Fresh brought it when I did not...something special could happen.

Which is about what I have come to love and expect from my AU Tigers.

I wish he could get a TD. With the hope that he is provided, I feel like he deserves it and many more. One would think that if we scored 46 points in one game that there would be atleast one passing TD.

Here is to three touchdown passes next week against the land shark defense

That's not on him though.. Receivers have to catch the damn ball!

For those who've knocked Malzahn and Lashlee for lack of QB development, I would say watch this kid and see how they are handling him. They've gone from short timing routes and quick screens to rolling him out to deep drops and letting him read full field progressions. He even ran between the tackles off the read option yesterday. What he lacks in physical tools (particularly size), he more than makes up for in grit. He did more than enough for us to have won yesterday.

gotta say malzhan and lashlee have nothing to do with him being a good qb. he made the decisions before auburn to seek professional help developing into a good qb.

Sean's play encourages me that we might have a pretty good offense in November. Next year could be VERY good. He seems like the kind of QB who, now that he has the reigns, is going to put in A LOT of extra hours with his WRs during the off season, building that chemistry that is so important. I believe he has the skill to be a better passer than AU has seen in a VERY long time.

Hope so, I can't wait, wake me up next year. WDE

gotta say malzhan and lashlee have nothing to do with him being a good qb. he made the decisions before auburn to seek professional help developing into a good qb.

Gotta agree....last year when Nick was thinking to go to a QB school off-season and Gus objected , I was in Gus's corner and thought he could get what he needed at AU. But after watching virtually no improvement in Nicks' passing game from year one to year 2, I knew I was wrong.

And again, JMO but the poor QB development was confirmed this season when we saw how little JJ had developed in his THREE years at AU...., I'm pretty much convinced that AU has ruined his career by failing to provide him with professional training as a QB... and now he is a junior and still as raw as when he arrived at AU.

Check this piece: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4526252-scouting-report-qb-sean-white-ahead-of-the-competition White already had the fundamentals down pat before he got to AU....and fortunately, IMO, did not need much schooling once he got here.

Maybe out guys can coach D-T quarterbacks because they are living off the legs of those guys and not dependent on their passing skills. I'm sad to say, but I don't think we can help a guy improve a guy's passing skills with our current staff.

Gotta agree....last year when Nick was thinking to go to a QB school off-season and Gus objected , I was in Gus's corner and thought he could get what he needed at AU. But after watching virtually no improvement in Nicks' passing game from year one to year 2, I knew I was wrong.

And again, JMO but the poor QB development was confirmed this season when we saw how little JJ had developed in his THREE years at AU...., I'm pretty much convinced that AU has ruined his career by failing to provide him with professional training as a QB... and now he is a junior and still as raw as when he arrived at AU.

Check this piece: http://www.sportingn...on    White already had the fundamentals down pat before he got to AU....and fortunately, IMO, did not need much schooling once he got here.

Maybe out guys can coach D-T quarterbacks because they are living off the legs of those guys and not dependent on their passing skills. I'm sad to say, but I don't think we can help a guy improve a guy's passing skills with our current staff.

Wow, I never thought about sending our QB signee's to "finishing school". Outsource QB coaching!

Guess it's not within the rules though.

If our team can figure out how to duplicate the intensity we showed on the last drive to tie the game we will be just fine....or heck...just get close and we will be competitive to pull out a few Ws in these last few games.

I don't think any of the guys on our team show up to play a game with the intentions of being average (or dropping balls).

I liked Louis comment about taking out frustrations this week.

Hopefully a few bounces go our way early, the crowd gets into the game the entire time, we make their O modify their game plan and our D comes alive.

Check this piece: http://www.sportingn... Â Â Â White already had the fundamentals down pat before he got to AU....and fortunately, IMO, did not need much schooling once he got here.

Wow, I never thought about sending our QB signee's to "finishing school". Outsource QB coaching!

Guess it's not within the rules though.

Check this: http://www.whitfieldathletix.com/ This guy is supposed to be the guru...and where Nick M was thinking to go....but didn't

It's legal for HS and college kids to attend these camps and there are dozens of them.

Check this piece: http://www.sportingn...on    White already had the fundamentals down pat before he got to AU....and fortunately, IMO, did not need much schooling once he got here.

Do you think it's a Lashlee problem or a Gus problem? I was under the impression we had a QB guru on staff with Gus but, as someone put it in another thread a while ago, I'm beginning to think we have a system guru instead unfortunately. Does a legitimate QB coach fix this issue?

Check this piece: http://www.sportingn... Â Â Â White already had the fundamentals down pat before he got to AU....and fortunately, IMO, did not need much schooling once he got here.

Do you think it's a Lashlee problem or a Gus problem? I was under the impression we had a QB guru on staff with Gus but, as someone put it in another thread a while ago, I'm beginning to think we have a system guru instead unfortunately. Does a legitimate QB coach fix this issue?

I don't think we have a guru and both coaches have mostly run dual threat QBs where passing was not their primary means of offense.

Perhaps I'm making it overly simple but with guys like Cam and Nick (who are Gus's best references) the passing game was not exceptional and passing technique was questioned by about everyone who saw them play but with the Gus Bus offense, the running game was our major threat....aided by the QB's being able to pick up those 3rd down plays with their legs.

Ryan Aplin passed for 3,342 in 2012 and ran 104 times for 438. Over 13 games, that's 8 rushes a game for 34 yards. I think we could absolutely play for a championship with that same kind of production, and Sean seems capable of that to me.

Btw, his current stats would project to a 2,616/156 line over 13 games. Big difference, but considering that's the first 4 games for a RSFR surrounded by inexperience and who didn't get QB1 reps in the offseason... yeah, I don't think that's so bad. Nick Marshall went 2,532/798 in his senior year. That's a difference of 558 total yards of offense or 43 yards per game. Imagine what this kid and this squad could be capable of with the entire backfield and interior line coming back.

Archived