As a whole, is this team getting better?

shabby

Are a few individual players playing better? Yes.

Is the team getting better? Well, the team just lost to Arkansas, which is in its 3rd year of dumpsterfire awfulness. So, No, the team is not better.

Yes. This team is getting better. Will it be good enough? Probably not. My hope is it will.

ok.. I am not saying all you guys said...and no I have not given up....

However.... the fire from #13 did not translate to the other 10 on the field on a "Majority" of the plays.

but as I have said either in this thread or another...if 70% of the drops were catches...we/I would be drinking cool aid again...

and let me add this....what message are we sending to the some odd 70 players on the team when we offer a Juco QB?

However.... the fire from #13 did not translate to the other 10 on the field on a "Majority" of the plays.

but as I have said either in this thread or another...if 70% of the drops were catches...we/I would be drinking cool aid again...

and let me add this....what message are we sending to the some odd 70 players on the team when we offer a Juco QB?

Maybe the same exact message as when Jason Smith was offered last year? Must have been to replace 3 QBs at once that were all expected to be stars and looked great in practice :dunno:

Team is getting better, but then again they couldn't gotten much worst.

Sean White, Kerryon Johnson, Carlton Davis, and Peyton Barber have been playing very good ball on Offense. The O line has definitively gotten better.

Let's face it, what is killing us is defense. Dropped passes cost us the game last Saturday, but we can NEVER count on our defense to stop anyone from scoring at any time.

Sean White, Kerryon Johnson, Carlton Davis, and Peyton Barber have been playing very good ball on Offense. The O line has definitively gotten better.

Let's face it, what is killing us is defense. Dropped passes cost us the game last Saturday, but we can NEVER count on our defense to stop anyone from scoring at any time.

defense surrendered 10 points in final three quarters. Sucked in OT . But the last three quarters showed some nice improvement.

defense surrendered 10 points in final three quarters. Sucked in OT . But the last three quarters showed some nice improvement.

Agreed, unfortunately overtime counts.

Agreed, unfortunately overtime counts.

it certainly does. When you end regulation tied.

In my opinion on getting better:

QB - Yes

Special Teams - Yes

Secondary - Yes

WO - No and worse

LB - No

At D-line - No

Agree

wde

Agree...but here is my question...

does the fact QB has gotten better 1) matter? if we are recruiting a JUCO will we not be "starting over"?

2) when we say better we are comparing to #6...so better is almost impossible to NOT do...

How many TD passes has #13 tossed?

White is much better than your Coker and White is a Freshmen. Nuff said!

I don't understand why we are not deeper at WR. Louis has flashes of brilliance mixed in with horrific drops...much like Coates and Williams. Ray should be a dynamic receiver, but has never blossomed. We are losing both this season.

I still don't know what happened with Myron Burton and we are just barely tapping into Smith's and Stevens' potential. We hardly get the ball to Davis either.

We're sending the message that Jonathon Wallace is a senior and we'll need a replacement third string QB.

Yes, this team is getting better. The least growth has been at linebacker, where both Garrett and Tre Williams have missed playing time because of injury. Next year should be better there.

I agree with Mikey but I also have a question of Mikey. I know they have been trying Holland out at Buck but why haven't they also given him a shot at LB. I know he has pass rushing skills but in HS he was a true linebacker and I think would be an improvement over Frost.

mcgufcm gave a good answer to this in post #17, above. Holland has been used a little at the buck position, but lately he's been a more traditional LB. I think Tre Williams being dinged up had a lot to do with how much Frost played last Saturday. It may be that Holland simply is not yet ready for full time duty, but he was in the game in overtime.

We're sending the message that Jonathon Wallace is a senior and we'll need a replacement third string QB.

Yep. In this league, you need 3-4 able QB's. Next season, we'll have JJ and White returning, with the addition of Woody, who will be a true Freshman. That just isn't enough.

You are forgetting about Tyler Queen. I think JJ will transfer out or change position. He has to see the writing on the wall.

Yep. In this league, you need 3-4 able QB's. Next season, we'll have JJ and White returning, with the addition of Woody, who will be a true Freshman. That just isn't enough.

We might have JJ returning, and we might have Queen returning, also. But I still agree with offering a juco QB if he's a good football player and a good kid. Another message that sends to the team is that our coaches want to put them in the best position to succeed.

I think the entire team has grown by leaps and bounds. Remember, Arky took it to Bama when Bert lost them the game on a fake on 4th down. They are as good as any team in the SEC this year imo. With that said, Auburn is not the same team, at any position, that played against JSU. We're seeing fight out of our players on both sides of the ball, new play makers are emerging every week (President and Pettway come to mind), and the quarterback play was stellar last week. I honestly believe that if the receivers stop dropping passes, which they will, and Carl finds a way back to the field, Auburn has a legitimate shot of winning out. We will, imo, be in every game till the very end regardless.

In my opinion on getting better:

QB - Yes

Special Teams - Yes

Secondary - Yes

WO - No and worse

LB - No

At D-line - No

Agree

wde

Agree...but here is my question...

does the fact QB has gotten better 1) matter? if we are recruiting a JUCO will we not be "starting over"?

2) when we say better we are comparing to #6...so better is almost impossible to NOT do...

How many TD passes has #13 tossed?

I think I'd be more focused on how many interceptions he has tossed through as many games as Johnson played. The answer is only 1.

Archived