Rawleigh Williams

lionheartkc

I know this technically belongs in the rivals section, but since we broke him, I thought I'd put it here until the mods decided otherwise.

I was actually surprised not to see a thread about him (or any mention at all, actually) when I searched for his name, but I thought some of you might like to know, between rants about coaches and dropped balls, that Rawleigh Williams is going to fully recover from his neck injury. I can't find details about what, exactly happened, but it did require surgery and apparently could have been much worse.

As we have come to expect from Gus, he did the right thing and reached out to him. Also, in a rare moment of class, Bielema thanked Gus over Twitter.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13969233/rawleigh-williams-arkansas-razorbacks-undergoes-neck-surgery

Yea... from across the field, it looked like a hard but clean hit to the chest. We were shocked when he didn't get up. Fortunately, before the game ended, Arkansas fans around us were already getting reports that he had full range of motion.

I noticed him moving his legs when they were examining him and took that as a good sign.

Sadly, all we could see from the AU section of the stands was the cart and a bunch of red jerseys.

Archived