Treadwell and Louis: "They're going to feel my pain"

aujeff11

Rebels wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was on his way into the end zone for the go-ahead score late in the fourth quarter when he broke his leg and fumbled the ball on the half-yard line.

It’s hard to forget, especially for Treadwell.

They’re going to feel my pain,” Treadwell told reporters Monday. “I’m just going to play my hardest and play with my heart like I did last week, and my team will do the same. We’re looking to get a W.”

Treadwell isn’t hiding his emotions surrounding this week’s opponent.

“It brings the fire out in me honestly,” Treadwell said. “On Sunday, coach Freeze was talking in a meeting and he wasn’t even talking about Auburn, but it was in the back of my head. I started feeling it Sunday after last week’s game honestly. I’ll have an extra edge in me. I’ll play with an edge. I know my teammates will feel me all week and feel where I’m coming from, and I think they’ll play with an edge also.”

Freeze admitted he understands what Treadwell is thinking leading up to the matchup with Auburn, but he wants his star wide receiver and his team to go in with the right focus.

https://www.seccount...to-feel-my-pain

In another case of WR's feeling "pain," Ricardo Louis said in a statement that

"I'm going to come back next week and make Ole Miss pay for it," Louis said. "I'm going to make them feel my pain cause right now, I'm hurt. I wish I could rewind the time and go back,but I can't. Just got to move forward and get better."

In a nutshell, I hope Ricardo has more pain than Treadwell....lol. Somebody stomp his toe or something because Treadwell has a legit reason with Auburn ruining his season and Ole Miss's season all in one play last year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the point of this post. Are you criticizing Laquon for making that statement? He didn't say anything derogatory about Auburn, saying something like they can't stop me or whatever crap our team says week in and week out. He's pissed about what happened to him last year, because it ended his season and Ole Miss' season as well. He probably hates Auburn for how we won that game and he wants us to pay for it. We'll have to play exceptional in the secondary to limit him. I understand his beef with us completely....

I don't get the point of this post. Are you criticizing Laquon for making that statement? He didn't say anything derogatory about Auburn, saying something like they can't stop me or whatever crap our team says week in and week out. He's pissed about what happened to him last year, because it ended his season and Ole Miss' season as well. He probably hates Auburn for how we won that game and he wants us to pay for it. We'll have to play exceptional in the secondary to limit him. I understand his beef with us completely....

You really got that out of my post? I wasn't attacking either player. I figured that was obvious with the humor at the bottom.

You really got that out of my post? I wasn't attacking either player. I figured that was obvious with the humor at the bottom.

Ok, it just appeared this thread was for drama. Sorry for the misinterpretation...

Ok, it just appeared this thread was for drama. Sorry for the misinterpretation...

Nope. Just noting that both number one receivers have expressed that they will be playing with a chip on their shoulder this game.

There was an outpouring of prayers and love from the Auburn family to Treadwell. He even made a comment about it last year. Kind of surprised that he would have that attitude. I have been hurt many times playing football. I never blamed the other team for a injury. Honestly it could hurt his performance if he is that worked up.

There was an outpouring of prayers and love from the Auburn family to Treadwell. He even made a comment about it last year. Kind of surprised that he would have that attitude. I have been hurt many times playing football. I never blamed the other team for a injury. Honestly it could hurt his performance if he is that worked up.

Exactly my thoughts. I hope he is so worked up he can't catch anything all night, gets mad and start committing personal fouls. Ridiculous attitude. Makes me not feel as bad for what happened to him.

I remember the outpouring of prayers & concern from Auburn folks for Treadwell last year, including a lot of our players. So, I don't appreciate his comments. Sounds like he blames us. If there'd been a cheap hit or something, I could understand. But not this.

The kid isn't lashing out at auburn any more than Ricardo is at ole miss. It is two superb athletes using something to spur some fire in their belly.

I for one appreciate it from both players. Anyone who played football should be able to relate to using anything you can or need to in order to jack yourself up.

Good for these guys. They are team leaders and are providing emotion and leadership for their teammates. I applaud them both.

Now I just hope treadwell has a horrific game cuz the dude is a monster!

I'm kind of annoyed by it because it was unintentional and I remember not only prayers but even cards being sent out to him. I do however respect the fact that the kid is just trying to get pumped up.

Pretty sure he's going to put up big numbers on us regardless of his motivation.

We will take Ole Miss to the woodshed Saturday. This will happen without a doubt. I think CL will take the field on the 2nd possession OM has the ball. I think our DBs will have their best game of the season this Saturday.

You can take this to the bank and walk out a millionaire. Trust the Doc on this one. I think we will win this game with the score of Auburn 38 & Ole Missed 24.

The Treadwell young man is a good kid without a doubt and I hope he finishes the season with some good numbers. However, he will have 2 passes coming his way that are going to be picked off by 2 different DBs.

We will take Ole Miss to the woodshed Saturday. This will happen without a doubt. I think CL will take the field on the 2nd possession OM has the ball. I think our DBs will have their best game of the season this Saturday.

You can take this to the bank and walk out a millionaire. Trust the Doc on this one. I think we will win this game with the score of Auburn 38 & Ole Missed 24.

The Treadwell young man is a good kid without a doubt and I hope he finishes the season with some good numbers. However, he will have 2 passes coming his way that are going to be picked off by 2 different DBs.

You have a lot more confidence that I Doc. Unless I see Lawson on the field, I see us losing by 7-14 points.

I love your attitude Doc!! Hope you are right.

Oh ye of little faith! Winning comes from believing and believe me we will win this game.

He'll probably have a field day against Jones..we should look for a double with a safety over the top. Or use Carlton's size but I'm sure he would love a freshman covering him.

Either way, a victory for Auburn would take care of all of this talk

Did he say anything in addition to what was quoted in the OP? If not, then a lot of y'all are dangling from that writer's fish hook.

I know what you're doing. Might as well stop. I provided links and excerpts from both articles for the sake of providing both in an efficient manner.

"SEC West title. Nothing else to really be talked about,” Treadwell said. “They’re another opponent in the way. Our team has our goals still in front of us. We’re hungry for another win. We’ll attack practice this week and go out and compete.”

"“I think it’s the same situation here,” Treadwell said. “Our title hopes can get dashed if we lose this game. I know it’s not just me that is going to be putting all my effort into the game. I know the whole team will. If they beat us, they’re going to have to beat us fighting, and I don’t think that’s possible if we play together like we did this past weekend.”

These two quotes do nothing to show that the excerpted quotes are misleading. It just adds context to his team goals not his own struggles or "pain."

Here is another read http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Treadwell-predicts-Auburn-will-feel-my-pain-40587715

Archived