Muschamp on the list for USCe -AUC speculating?

AU64

I don't understand why anyone in the p5 conferences that are serious about winning would consider him as a HC candidate.

He failed terribly at a place where it is probably the easiest to win at in the SEC and his team had the most NFL draft picks on it from last season. And to only make matters worse, for CWM's reputation as a HC, his successor came in with a depleted roster and is on track to win the SEC East. LOL

I'm sure he's on the list for the opening. Do I think he's high up on that list? No. He may be a last ditch effort. However, if Fuente winds up being hired instead, Memphis might take a shot with him depending how serious they are about having a successful program.

my hope is that WM, at his next press conference, looks into the camera and says the following:

"I came to Auburn to return the defense to the smash-mouth and never quit style that has defined Auburn for over 100 years. My players, my coaches and this team deserve nothing less. When WE accomplish his goal, it is my personal goal to be a head coach again some day. I will consider my personal goals once WE meet our team goals. But NOT before. War Damn Eagle."

drop mike.

He should and probably will take the best opportunity he gets after the season. This train wreck will put the nails in his career coffin if he stays.

Or if he's given time and saves the defense in the next season or two, his options will get better.

my hope is that WM, at his next press conference, looks into the camera and says the following:

"I came to Auburn to return the defense to the smash-mouth and never quit style that has defined Auburn for over 100 years. My players, my coaches and this team deserve nothing less. When WE accomplish his goal, it is my personal goal to be a head coach again some day. I will consider my personal goals once WE meet our team goals. But NOT before. War Damn Eagle."

drop mike.

He may actually say this, but it won't mean any thing. I too want him to stay, but realistically he is going to do what he thinks is best for his career. At this time what is best is for him to say that he isn't going anywhere. He has to do that to keep the team from quitting on him.

If you read the stories, you'll see that he is on their "very large" back-up list, for if they can't land any of the 3 they really want. I would imagine the list he is on has pretty much any unemployed or lesser employed head coach out there.

As for the coaching carousel, Muschamp didn't seem to enjoy being a head coach enough to go to a lesser school just to be one.

Speculation that Charlie Strong will bail out on Texas....that would make sense.....

Speculation that Charlie Strong will bail out on Texas....that would make sense.....

Interesting...I wouldn't blame him for getting fed up with the entire situation over there and looking for a place where he will have support

Interesting...I wouldn't blame him for getting fed up with the entire situation over there and looking for a place where he will have support

It would be smart of Charlie to go. He'll be fired next year. Texas is a mess. He let go of all their good players, and they have a new ad since mid season. He should go while it's his choice.

I don't think Muschamp would go anywhere even if offered. Seems to me he takes our crappy defense both personally and as a challenge; He won't leave until he's fixed it and made it great again. As for South Carolina, doesn't seem like that great of a place to go anyway.

I don't think Muschamp would go anywhere even if offered. Seems to me he takes our crappy defense both personally and as a challenge; He won't leave until he's fixed it and made it great again. As for South Carolina, doesn't seem like that great of a place to go anyway.

Actually not bad...and as noted...80,000+ for every game and reasonable expectations from fans....a good spot for someone IMO...but I find it hard to imagine CWM leaving AU before he accomplished a few of his goals.....which he obviously has not done....yet.

Actually not bad...and as noted...80,000+ for every game and reasonable expectations from fans....a good spot for someone IMO...but I find it hard to imagine CWM leaving AU before he accomplished a few of his goals.....which he obviously has not done....yet.

USCe is a great place for a coach without aspirations. He gets to play in the best conference with a commensurate salary, without unreasonable expectations, in a decent part of the country. But if he has dreams of championships, he's going to be hating life.

USCe is a great place for a coach without aspirations. He gets to play in the best conference with a commensurate salary, without unreasonable expectations, in a decent part of the country. But if he has dreams of championships, he's going to be hating life.

I suppose that's all true. If you don't have to worry about championships then USC is your place. That and Vandy. And KY

Bail on Texas... Texas might just kick him out the door first... Just wait till Baylor hangs half a hundred on them.

it may be profitable to wait till they boot him.

I don't understand why anyone in the p5 conferences that are serious about winning would consider him as a HC candidate.

^^^^This^^^^

He failed terribly at a place where it is probably the easiest to win at in the SEC and his team had the most NFL draft picks on it from last season. And to only make matters worse, for CWM's reputation as a HC, his successor came in with a depleted roster and is on track to win the SEC East. LOL

Archived