Muschamp on the list for USCe -AUC speculating?

AU64

I don't understand why anyone in the p5 conferences that are serious about winning would consider him as a HC candidate.

^^^^This^^^^

He failed terribly at a place where it is probably the easiest to win at in the SEC and his team had the most NFL draft picks on it from last season. And to only make matters worse, for CWM's reputation as a HC, his successor came in with a depleted roster and is on track to win the SEC East. LOL

I think you have it backwards. Florida had major issues when WM got there. He straightened out a lot of stuff that was outside of football. His main issues in football were on offense where he hired good names, but had terrible qb play. Their star qb (suspended now) was brought there by Will and likely would have saved Wills job this year if he hadn't been fired last year. Florida hasnt beat anybody worth a damn since their qb got suspended.

I can think of about 5 million reasons why Strong won't bail on Texas.

Exactly, he should milk that salary as long as he can and make them fire him with his buyout.

Just out of curiousity, right now, who do you think would be higher on their list, Muschamp or Smart?

Doesn't matter what we think. It's already been confirmed that Smart is on their short list and Muschamp is on their back-up list, so that question is already answered.

Just out of curiousity, right now, who do you think would be higher on their list, Muschamp or Smart?

I can't see Muschamp on any list but the last resort type list. He had his chance at FLA and that chance is gone for a while. Now he sits as a DC for a team that is currently dead ass last in conference on defense. There just aren't too many attributes that would make a fellow SEC team want to hire WM to replace ole Stevo.

Doesn't matter what we think. It's already been confirmed that Smart is on their short list and Muschamp is on their back-up list, so that question is already answered.

I did not know this. perhaps I should practice reading threads better ^-^

But the question is..

Will he turn down a HC offer? With all the HC openings that will be available, no doubt he will be on some lists.

And it's a possibility that he will get a job offer.

Then its how eager is he to be a HC again. And who's offering. I don't think his goals at AU will play into it.

I don't think Muschamp would go anywhere even if offered. Seems to me he takes our crappy defense both personally and as a challenge; He won't leave until he's fixed it and made it great again. As for South Carolina, doesn't seem like that great of a place to go anyway.

I don't think any coach would stay at a current coordinator position because of the personal challenge if a good opportunity for a HC position was open...

I don't understand why anyone in the p5 conferences that are serious about winning would consider him as a HC candidate.

^^^^This^^^^

He failed terribly at a place where it is probably the easiest to win at in the SEC and his team had the most NFL draft picks on it from last season. And to only make matters worse, for CWM's reputation as a HC, his successor came in with a depleted roster and is on track to win the SEC East. LOL

I think you have it backwards. Florida had major issues when WM got there. He straightened out a lot of stuff that was outside of football. His main issues in football were on offense where he hired good names, but had terrible qb play. Their star qb (suspended now) was brought there by Will and likely would have saved Wills job this year if he hadn't been fired last year. Florida hasnt beat anybody worth a damn since their qb got suspended.

I agree he was great for what UF needed off the field. On the field, there's just no excuses, in my mind, to have the most players drafted from your team (proves talent was not an issue) and still not make a bowl. Yes, his QB play was terrible. But he is partly at fault for trying to roll out unimaginative offenses and trying to win games 10-3.

His recruiting was never in question as evidenced by his NFL draft results. He is Florida's Gene Chizik minus the national title. JMO

I don't think Muschamp would go anywhere even if offered. Seems to me he takes our crappy defense both personally and as a challenge; He won't leave until he's fixed it and made it great again. As for South Carolina, doesn't seem like that great of a place to go anyway.

I don't think any coach would stay at a current coordinator position because of the personal challenge if a good opportunity for a HC position was open...

All about timing too though. Plus, Muschamp has already been a head coach.

Archived