Auburn's Weekly Presser - Ole Miss Edition

RunInRed

Gus Malzahn

Malzahn: Carl Lawson will practice for the first time today, which should give our guys a lift.

Malzahn won't say yet if Lawson will be able to play against Ole Miss. Gonna see how the week

Malzahn: "It's a good note that he's on the practice field." Lawson will do everything in practice, won't be limited

Malzahn on Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell: "He's a force, no doubt."

Gus: Said loss from Arkansas is now behind them. "We have to get better."

Malzahn on White: "You can see it the way he's managing the game. It's been three games since we had a turnover."

Gus on Ricardo Louis: "He's extremely hard on himself. He was down...but he's going to make a lot of plays for us"

Malzahn says the touchdowns will come for Sean White, who has yet to account for a touchdown in four starts

Malzahn's biggest concern with Ole Miss defense? "Their talent level."

@AUBlog

Malzahn says coaches, players "committed" to avoiding similar letdown as last year

"We had a similar situation last year & it did affect us" Malzahn on last yr's Texas AM loss vs Sat loss to Arkansas

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn: Carl Lawson "been doing things with trainers" to keep in shape, but nothing like practice

@wareagleextra

Sean White

White: "I'm feeling more comfortable with every start."

White on Ricardo Louis: "He made a lot of good plays that put us in position to win. ... He'll use it as motivation"

Sean: I'm having fun I wish we could have won a few of those games. Playing in the SEC as a RS freshman a blessing

Does the "no touchdown passes" thing bother Sean White? "No. They'll come when they come."

Sean: (After drops) you have to keep giving them the ball. Gotta move on to the next play.

Sean: Ole Miss defense is good. Talented, fast, we're going to have to play well.

White says Jovon Robinson is still working really hard in practice. "He wants to get out there. ... I'm sure it's been frustrating for him"

White: "I think I've grown a lot (since Miss. St)."

@AUBlog

Auburn quarterback Sean White: "I'm having fun playing with my teammates, playing for my coaches. It's been a blessing."

Auburn quarterback Sean White on Ricardo Louis: "I'm very confident in Ricardo. He's one of the reasons we had a chance to win" at Arkansas.

Auburn quarterback Sean White: 'My leadership role has to increase the more that I play."

Auburn QB Sean White on last-minute drive at Arkansas: "It's fun. The pressure is on to help your team tie or win the game."

Auburn QB Sean White on Jeremy Johnson's TD run at Arkansas: "I'm absolutely ecstatic for him. I love him to death."

@AUGoldMine

Jonathan Jones

Auburn CB Jonathan Jones, when asked about Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell: "He's just a regular receiver like everybody else."

@AUBlog

Jones on Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly: "He has confidence in his arm. You have to make sure you're close to your receiver."

More Auburn CB Jonathan Jones on Treadwell: "You watch him on film, you study him & you go out to play. He's a good player"

More Jones on Treadwell and 2014 injury: "I'm pretty sure it will be a big game for him since he got hurt in our game last year."

@matthewcstevens

Based on our defense so far, we can only hope Treadwell is not "a regular receiver like everybody else". Sean's quasi-muttonchops remind me of the psycho hitchhiker in "There's Something About Mary". Oops, too early for lookalike thread?

7minuteabs.jpg

Based on our defense so far, we can only hope Treadwell is not "a regular receiver like everybody else". Sean's quasi-muttonchops remind me of the psycho hitchhiker in "There's Something About Mary". Oops, too early for lookalike thread?

7minuteabs.jpg

Never to early for Harlon Williams.

please tell jones that Treadwell is a little bit more than a regular guy....naw, on second thought, let him find out Saturday....I think I have found out where our lack of talent is on the defensive side of the ball....its between the ears

Does anyone else feel like these pressers are a hostile environment for our coaches and our players? I feel like they want to trap these kids into saying something negative and bait our coaches into becoming angry. Why on earth does anyone want to bring up how Golson was released from Ole Miss? And I thought Jones did pretty well when talking about Treadwell. I get the feeling that these kids are parsing their words so carefully. Poor Sean had to answer questions about not stepping on seniors toes. I mean really???

Uh oh, Treadwell's going to be a much better football player against us because our guy didn't give him a reach around in an interview. We're screwed.

So much for family site..

Edit) and he's going for 150 regardless of whether anybody runs their mouth.

He also said Treadwell is a good player. Nobody seems to remember Jones saying that.

I guess some people think if our defensive players fawn over how good the opposition is in pressers that the opponent will not try as hard?

I guess some people think if our defensive players fawn over how good the opposition is in pressers that the opponent will not try as hard?

No. But the last time this happened, Rudy Ford sucked it up and the media picked up on it. Do we really want to go through that again?

No. But the last time this happened, Rudy Ford sucked it up and the media picked up on it. Do we really want to go through that again?

We shouldn't be up in arms about the media twisting a quote in my personal opinion. I mean it's not like Rudy called Fournette trash or anything he basically said he had confidence in the defense -- that's how I took it after it watching the video as opposed to just reading the one quote (not saying you didn't watch the video but the snippet of the quote will lead you to believe his intention was something else IMO).

But I get it, I really do. And a Carl Lawson-style "no comment" would've worked just fine but I also don't think it's that big of a deal. Rudy giving up on a play made his half-quote seem even worse though haha.

I just don't think it is as important as we are making it out to be

If you no comment you better be good on that field, especially with our reporters because they'd crucify you if you mess up. And I hope Jones doesn't match up with Treadwell

^ True. Maybe just giving Russell Wilson robot answers is what we need to do. Praise everyone and everything on both teams and say you're confident in your team and working to get better every day lol

We shouldn't be up in arms about the media twisting a quote in my personal opinion. I mean it's not like Rudy called Fournette trash or anything he basically said he had confidence in the defense -- that's how I took it after it watching the video as opposed to just reading the one quote (not saying you didn't watch the video but the snippet of the quote will lead you to believe his intention was something else IMO).

But I get it, I really do. And a Carl Lawson-style "no comment" would've worked just fine but I also don't think it's that big of a deal. Rudy giving up on a play made his half-quote seem even worse though haha.

I just don't think it is as important as we are making it out to be

Yeah I think it is a big deal if we don't back it up. We have already trash talked the best RB and the best OL unit, according to Jones, might as well go after the best WR too

please tell jones that Treadwell is a little bit more than a regular guy....naw, on second thought, let him find out Saturday....I think I have found out where our lack of talent is on the defensive side of the ball....its between the ears

That last sentence is too funny. Hope this doesn't end up like fords comment pre LSU.

Au has had a habit this year of saying dumb stuff and doing a lot of dumb stuff. Fornette was just another back. Arkansas line was just a regular line. Now this .. Look forward to 200+ from treadwell. I bet he says taillights to Jones twice.

What stood out to me was how often Sean White talked about having fun. I didn't count, but it must have been 7 or 8 times. I'm really very glad to hear that from him.

Au has had a habit this year of saying dumb stuff and doing a lot of dumb stuff. Fornette was just another back. Arkansas line was just a regular line. Now this .. Look forward to 200+ from treadwell. I bet he says taillights to Jones twice.

Yeah but our beat writers have a habit of turning it into a big story and quoting and titling articles to feed the bulletin board

Really hate that crepea guy..I hope I never see him at a game.

Archived