Deputy Fields did nothing wrong, imo.

AURaptor

The teacher did not throw her from the desk, the asst principal did not throw her from the desk, and neither did the cop, at first. We didn't see the whole interaction take place, only a fraction of it on video. It was clear that she was never going to comply, and simply wasn't listening to reason.

As an officer or deputy, it is not on you to read the tea leaves and discern whether you think she will comply or not and then just skip to the tossing. We expect more effort on your part to deescalate a situation before resorting to force and violence.

We saw enough of the interaction to know this. Don't be coy and stop defending the indefensible. The cop unnecessarily threw a teenager across the room. Full stop. That was wrong. And we were not to the point where such force was necessary.

Exactly, I'm sure we've all seen grown ass men and women on streets in protest of one thing or another, cops get called and they are dispersed or arrested in a MUCH more professional manner than than this chump used.

Now, if cops can be professional and do their jobs on adult men without throwing them around, what is this punks excuse for behaving like that to a little girl?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, remember all these people that are supporting this cops actions are the same people who got extremely pissed at the FSU QB, because "You never put your hands on a woman, period!"

Apparently it's cool though if she's a minor who's not listening in class, then curb stomp that bitch!

To summarize this article, nutless chump cop acts like nutless chump cop. And the hypocrite retards of the board continue to act like hypocrite retards.

Interesting point.....

Good move firing him. I'm watching the Sherriff's press conference on CNN. He said the officer was fired because he didn't follow procedures and the Sherriff would not want a cop like that representing his police force.

Raptor already defending unnecessarily aggressive cops I see.

;)

It was necessary. Cop shouldn't have been there in the first place. Girl didn't respect the teacher, the assistant principle, and this thuggette was wasting the time of the entire class with her pointless , arrogant " It's all about me " antics.

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

Sure it was. Absolutely.

That's insane. It could have broken her neck and killed her.

Its officially OK for the cophuggers to admit he screwed up.

lol

Hey, Raptor! Any suggestions for attorneys to represent him in his 'wrongful termination" lawsuit?

Yes, make everyone else alter their lives to deal w/ 1 troublemaker. That always works out best for everyone .

( Had this been a white kid who wore a t-shirt w/ the American flag on it, during Cinco de Mayo,, or supporting the NRA, or our military, then the cop would be justified. )

Passive racism expressed through a persecution complex. :-\ How pathetically banal.

He didn't handle it correctly. I would not have fired him for this alone. If he was already on watch for aggressive behavior then i understand. My point is three people tried to remove her peacefully, she required him to be called and use force.

I think that they should have called a negotiator or a psychologist to come and reason with the girl. They could clear the school and stop classes until the girl gets enough self-esteem to "feel" like doing what the administration wants. She could get AP credit in Government and in psychology for getting first-hand experience in these areas.

Yes, because in saying that the officer overreacted and handled it poorly, we definitely mean that we should have called in the flower children and sang hippie protest songs together.

Wouldn't be the politics forum if someone couldn't resort to false dilemmas and binary thinking.

I think that your criticism of my sarcasm is fair. I just think that we disagree STRONGLY as to how serious of a line she crossed when she struck a law officer. Nonetheless, I apologize for exaggerating. Believe it or not, I value the potential integrity of this forum.

Get real. You act like LEOs are some sort of God that is infallible. The last thing you want to do with many mentally disturbed individuals is to grab them. If you do and they flail back, well duuuh.

This was a mental case. He was handling it like a violent criminal action. Perhaps he didn't know any better, which makes it more of a training problem than a personal problem, but it's a problem no matter what.

PR stunt , as they gave in to unreasonable & hysterical pressure from the Left. Thuggette is now a hero/ victim. Total bull s***.

Hey guys, remember all these people that are supporting this cops actions are the same people who got extremely pissed at the FSU QB, because "You never put your hands on a woman, period!"

Apparently it's cool though if she's a minor who's not listening in class, then curb stomp that bitch!

To summarize this article, nutless chump cop acts like nutless chump cop. And the hypocrite retards of the board continue to act like hypocrite retards.

LOL! Well stated.

The deputy got what he deserved. No way did he need to use that approach! Ever! He is only helping to fuel a fire within a community who sees the police as the enemy.

I fear we are witnessing a defensive police force that is allowing the pressure of the job and the internal hate of the job boil over into their daily routine. Let's face it....there's a lot of people out there who would love to see chaos in the streets.

Good move firing him. I'm watching the Sherriff's press conference on CNN. He said the officer was fired because he didn't follow procedures and the Sherriff would not want a cop like that representing his police force.

Agreed! Glad there are no unions in South Carolina to defend his actions.

PR stunt , as they gave in to unreasonable & hysterical pressure from the Left. Thuggette is now a hero/ victim. Total bull s***.

hahahahaha

Did the cop who tazed the " don't taze me bro ! " guy get fired ?? If so, then I'm cool with this cop being fired.

Did the cop who tazed the " don't taze me bro ! " guy get fired ?? If so, then I'm cool with this cop being fired.

The deputy deserved to be fired. End of story.

Not everything ends up being as consistent as we'd like. Doesn't change the fact that THIS cop got what he deserved.

;)

It was necessary. Cop shouldn't have been there in the first place. Girl didn't respect the teacher, the assistant principle, and this thuggette was wasting the time of the entire class with her pointless , arrogant " It's all about me " antics.

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

i am not really taking a side but what do you think should have happened?

Empty the classroom. Take the students to the gym or somewhere else to finish class. Then deal with the student. Take the time to find out why she is acting out rather than treating her like cattle.

So coddle to her?? That is part of the problem in the FIRST place. The millennials think that they are entitled, they should get to do whatever they want, no matter what the rules are, it's all about me mentality. Just gonna have this generation grow up the same way? Come on!!! Maybe the principal should have snatched her ass out of the room!! When are we are going to enforce the ideals that there are consequences for negative actions, for violating the law, for being disrespectful and belligerent?

;)

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

Empty the classroom. Take the students to the gym or somewhere else to finish class. Then deal with the student. Take the time to find out why she is acting out rather than treating her like cattle.

So coddle to her?? That is part of the problem in the FIRST place. The millennials think that they are entitled, they should get to do whatever they want, no matter what the rules are, it's all about me mentality. Just gonna have this generation grow up the same way? Come on!!! Maybe the principal should have snatched her ass out of the room!! When are we are going to enforce the ideals that there are consequences for negative actions, for violating the law, for being disrespectful and belligerent?

In this instance the deputy handled it the wrong way. I would have been fired had I done the same thing at EPD. There are better ways to publicly handle a case involving a student.

;)

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

What if the kid happened to be autistic (for example)? Are they just collateral damage in your world?

Archived