Deputy Fields did nothing wrong, imo.

AURaptor

Raptor already defending unnecessarily aggressive cops I see.

;)

It was necessary. Cop shouldn't have been there in the first place. Girl didn't respect the teacher, the assistant principle, and this thuggette was wasting the time of the entire class with her pointless , arrogant " It's all about me " antics.

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

i am not really taking a side but what do you think should have happened?

Empty the classroom. Take the students to the gym or somewhere else to finish class. Then deal with the student. Take the time to find out why she is acting out rather than treating her like cattle.

So you believe it is ok for one student to interrupt the learning of all students of that classroom? Why should all of the others need to be interrupted from learning vice just getting this one student out of the classroom? There is a lack of discipline in the schools today. This wouldn't have happened back when I was in school as the teachers or the principle would have it well under control but in today's society people believe that we need to cater to see why one person is allowed to be so disruptive of the learning of the other students. I bet there are other students in that class that don't care why she was acting out that is why her parents should have been also called to come pick her up post the removal of the room.

Like Ben said, that class was well on its way to full on interruption so yeah, I believe its ok to treat this girl like a human, like my own daughter and not some animal.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

race should not be an issue. the issue is how to remove a kid from a desk. i doubt their is a written policy on this. probably will be now because of hoe he screwed it up. he probably will have it named for him as how not to do it. but to the positive next time she gets her ass up and does what she is told. this is really no big deal to me.

Many may ways to not do it, but no one seems to be real & give a serious answer as to what he should have done.

;)/>

It was necessary. Cop shouldn't have been there in the first place. Girl didn't respect the teacher, the assistant principle, and this thuggette was wasting the time of the entire class with her pointless , arrogant " It's all about me " antics.

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

Empty the classroom. Take the students to the gym or somewhere else to finish class. Then deal with the student. Take the time to find out why she is acting out rather than treating her like cattle.

So you believe it is ok for one student to interrupt the learning of all students of that classroom? Why should all of the others need to be interrupted from learning vice just getting this one student out of the classroom? There is a lack of discipline in the schools today. This wouldn't have happened back when I was in school as the teachers or the principle would have it well under control but in today's society people believe that we need to cater to see why one person is allowed to be so disruptive of the learning of the other students. I bet there are other students in that class that don't care why she was acting out that is why her parents should have been also called to come pick her up post the removal of the room.

Like Ben said, that class was well on its way to full on interruption so yeah, I believe its ok to treat this girl like a human, like my own daughter and not some animal.

If she was treated like an animal then I don't think that the deputy would have told her that he was going to remove her from the classroom...he would have just done it. You are being melodramatic.

I find this event disturbing on multiple levels. The school officer probably went overboard on his response. I admit I never raised girls but I can promise you that if either of my boys were behaving the way this young lady did, then my boys would have pleaded for the officer to remove them from the situation I would have created for them. Personal responsibility goes in both directions.

race should not be an issue. the issue is how to remove a kid from a desk. i doubt their is a written policy on this. probably will be now because of hoe he screwed it up. he probably will have it named for him as how not to do it. but to the positive next time she gets her ass up and does what she is told. this is really no big deal to me.

Many may ways to not do it, but no one seems to be real & give a serious answer as to what he should have done.

Ben proposed a way which would have been far better than what happened.

And if not that, do you really think it was appropriate for the cop to sling her across the room? He had her out of the desk, why not just cuff her?

;)/>

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

If she was treated like an animal then I don't think that the deputy would have told her that he was going to remove her from the classroom...he would have just done it. You are being melodramatic.

How about a slave? Would you say she was treated like a slave?

;)/>

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

I dunno. That's pretty much how I talk to my dog after he's had a bath. "You get your wet ass off our bed before I come get you down, Scout!"

;)/>

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

I dunno. That's pretty much how I talk to my dog after he's had a bath. "You get your wet ass off our bed before I come get you down, Scout!"

And my dogs know they don't get on the furniture, wet ass or not. If you need a good dog trainer I can give you some references.

;)/>

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

And my dogs know they don't get on the furniture, wet ass or not. If you need a good dog trainer I can give you some references.

He's actually a good boy unless he's had a bath. Knows the only time he's allowed up there is when he's called. Just wild as a buck when he gets out of the tub though. Don't think any amount of training will fix that. :laugh:

Yeah training would fix it if it mattered to you. Obviously it is okay in your opinion. I am traveling right now and I promise at least one of our dogs was on the bed with my wife until she turned the light out. The pups don't even think about jumping up when I am there to take my side of the bed. My comment was intended to state that this whole situation that we are beating to death started with a young lady that has problems at home and with authority. The officer made the matter worse.

Now all of this is staged.

Any word on what her problem was ? Care to answer that, as to why she didn't follow the teachers or anyone else's instructions ?

And staged in the sense that little miss entitled , you-can't-touch-me , wanted this to happen. Maybe not the cop to come in and flip her, but she absolutely wanted the attention, of being soooo much a victim, she refused every attempt , request and directive given to her.

Probably cause she was a teenage girl. Teenagers tend to do rebellious and stupid things sometimes.

Then you have to put the blame on Officer Slam for taking the bait.

;)/>

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

You sure I'm being melodramatic? I think you are trying to rationalize your sorry ass position. I have never treated any of my children like that, never. Have you?

Hell if disturbing class means you deserve that what would they do to a guy who starts a fight and disrupts class, shoot him I guess? I'm sure they stake out the little girl who's bullying the other girl about her weight that's pushing her to suicide and they must pepper spray her....

;)/>

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

You sure I'm being melodramatic? I think you are trying to rationalize your sorry ass position. I have never treated any of my children like that, never. Have you?

I mean read his prior posts....l

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but we might have some clue now as to why she might have acted out like this. She was being raised by a single mom and her mother recently died. So now the kid is an orphan and was just placed in foster care.

I'm not saying it means she should get away with acting out with no discipline. But it does speak to my earlier point that there were intermediate steps that could have been taken before resorting to force. Had I been in this officer's position, what I would have at least attempted to do is get down on her level, look her in the eyes and ask her to come out into the hall with me and that I'll sit and listen to her whole story if she wants to tell me.. Empathize. It might not have worked, but maybe if she saw I was genuine and wasn't just all about cracking down, she would have relented and come along. If it did come to a point where force had to be used, then you use the least amount necessary to get her up and out of the room....which does not involve throwing her 4 feet across the room like a rag doll.

Titan, you are by far my favorite contributor to this board. I'm glad you are the site Admin.

Empathize is a word and an attribute people need to master. It is the main pillar of leadership!

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but we might have some clue now as to why she might have acted out like this. She was being raised by a single mom and her mother recently died. So now the kid is an orphan and was just placed in foster care.

I'm not saying it means she should get away with acting out with no discipline. But it does speak to my earlier point that there were intermediate steps that could have been taken before resorting to force. Had I been in this officer's position, what I would have at least attempted to do is get down on her level, look her in the eyes and ask her to come out into the hall with me and that I'll sit and listen to her whole story if she wants to tell me.. Empathize. It might not have worked, but maybe if she saw I was genuine and wasn't just all about cracking down, she would have relented and come along. If it did come to a point where force had to be used, then you use the least amount necessary to get her up and out of the room....which does not involve throwing her 4 feet across the room like a rag doll.

i can't disagree with this. I do question why the teacher and assistant principal did not already know this and handle it, maybe involve a counselor or teacher she was close to without involvement from sro. This girl does need help.

It's pretty sad that we have so many who are willing to "shoot" first instead of trying to find out the root cause of an issue. I've done it myself so no need to call me out on it but I try my best not too.

The officer used poor judgement and paid for it (his job). The Sheriff did the right thing.

Seems to go back to the old saying "when all you have is a hammer, every problem becomes a nail." This officer (and to some degree the school admin) only has force and authority and so on in the tool bag. So then every student disruption becomes a non-compliant that has to be brought to heel.

I let myself get caught up in arguments (not necessarily here) the cop hating race baiters want to frame this as "poor girl was abused for using her phone", would have been different if she was white ". It was not about phone usage. It was about defiance. If she had put her phone up probably nothing happens, if she gets up and goes with principal, little if anything happens to her discipline wise, especially with her home situation. She forced the issue beyond getting in trouble for using her phone. The cop went overboard absolutely, but he was imo wrongly given the responsibilty to remove the kid. It was not because of a phone.

It's school, it's a given some people will have to be disciplined in different ways, I haven't seen one person say he just walked in the classroom and attacked the girl without reason....If the if such and such wasn't done this would have never happened excuse was legit then policemen would have a free reign to do whatever they want. Also this is nothing to do with him being a policeman, there would be the same outrage if he was a teacher.

;)

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

So coddle to her?? That is part of the problem in the FIRST place. The millennials think that they are entitled, they should get to do whatever they want, no matter what the rules are, it's all about me mentality. Just gonna have this generation grow up the same way? Come on!!! Maybe the principal should have snatched her ass out of the room!! When are we are going to enforce the ideals that there are consequences for negative actions, for violating the law, for being disrespectful and belligerent?

In this instance the deputy handled it the wrong way. I would have been fired had I done the same thing at EPD. There are better ways to publicly handle a case involving a student.

I never said what he did was the appropriate response, by all accounts it probably wasn't, I only alluded to the attitude and demeanor of many of the youth nowadays. I'm sure she will face no consequences for her actions which will just further perpetuate her lack of respect, bad attitude, and upholding of rules.

Then there is this (video in the link):

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html

Three Florin High School students were taken to juvenile hall after a wild fight in which the school’s principal was body-slammed.

The chaotic scene played out during lunchtime Monday on the south-area campus.

A fight broke out, drawing a school resource police officer, a school official and Principal Don Ross. Students gathered around, at least one recording the melee on a cellphone, as officials tried to break up the fight.

After trying to restrain a tall student, Ross was thrown to the floor. Undeterred, Ross got back up and tried to prevent the student from fighting again.

The fight, including the efforts of Ross, who officials said was not badly hurt during the altercation, was posted on YouTube.

A beef and bad decisions

Sacramento County sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Tony Turnbull said that two 15-year-olds and a 13-year-old were arrested. Two were charged with suspicion of battery on school staff causing injury and the third was arrested for making threats toward other students and law enforcement.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html#storylink=cpy

Wow! I haven't had a chance to read up more on this situation and had no idea. Honestly, this shouldn't have even been a situation for the officer but rather a situation for the guidance counselor. A lot has happened to this girl and now this. I agree Titan, empathy should have at least been tried.

Oh and I forgot you know how every time the person's past is brought up with the police incidents let's look at this policeman past record....

;)/>

It. Was. Not. Necessary.

So coddle to her?? That is part of the problem in the FIRST place. The millennials think that they are entitled, they should get to do whatever they want, no matter what the rules are, it's all about me mentality. Just gonna have this generation grow up the same way? Come on!!! Maybe the principal should have snatched her ass out of the room!! When are we are going to enforce the ideals that there are consequences for negative actions, for violating the law, for being disrespectful and belligerent?

In this instance the deputy handled it the wrong way. I would have been fired had I done the same thing at EPD. There are better ways to publicly handle a case involving a student.

I never said what he did was the appropriate response, by all accounts it probably wasn't, I only alluded to the attitude and demeanor of many of the youth nowadays. I'm sure she will face no consequences for her actions which will just further perpetuate her lack of respect, bad attitude, and upholding of rules.

Then there is this (video in the link):

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html

Three Florin High School students were taken to juvenile hall after a wild fight in which the school’s principal was body-slammed.

The chaotic scene played out during lunchtime Monday on the south-area campus.

A fight broke out, drawing a school resource police officer, a school official and Principal Don Ross. Students gathered around, at least one recording the melee on a cellphone, as officials tried to break up the fight.

After trying to restrain a tall student, Ross was thrown to the floor. Undeterred, Ross got back up and tried to prevent the student from fighting again.

The fight, including the efforts of Ross, who officials said was not badly hurt during the altercation, was posted on YouTube.

A beef and bad decisions

Sacramento County sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Tony Turnbull said that two 15-year-olds and a 13-year-old were arrested. Two were charged with suspicion of battery on school staff causing injury and the third was arrested for making threats toward other students and law enforcement.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html#storylink=cpy

Even if she didn't get in trouble so freaking what? It was a child acting like a child!!!!! This just reminds me of a parent telling the 16 year old not to hit the 7 year old back.....the policeman is a grown man and a trained professional....

Archived