Kasich Tells It Like It Is...

DKW 86

Sorry, but at this moment I don't know which numbers are legit and which aren't. Actually, when it comes to taxes, I am for the fair tax. I know there are detractors out there who have lied & spun numbers to make it seem less workable. I'm suspect that some of the same is going on here. But it does need more looking into.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but at this moment I don't know which numbers are legit and which aren't. Actually, when it comes to taxes, I am for the fair tax. I know there are detractors out there who have lied & spun numbers to make it seem less workable. I'm suspect that some of the same is going on here. But it does need more looking into.

I'm open to the Fair Tax or a flat tax so long as it's structured in a way that doesn't increase taxes on people who can't afford it and doesn't exacerbate the income gap we already have.

I'm just tired of pie in the sky promises over how something will have all these economic benefits and not cost us anything whether it's healthcare or tax cuts. Stop hiding behind obscurities and give us details. People can promise anything, and nothing sells to the conservative base right now in primary season like a flat tax or huge tax cuts. But do the work to show your plans have the net effects you promise. Don't just tell me "the numbers work" but not given me the pertinent numbers that can be objectively evaluated.

]

I'm open to the Fair Tax or a flat tax so long as it's structured in a way that doesn't increase taxes on people who can't afford it and doesn't exacerbate the income gap we already have.

I'm just tired of pie in the sky promises over how something will have all these economic benefits and not cost us anything whether it's healthcare or tax cuts. Stop hiding behind obscurities and give us details. People can promise anything, and nothing sells to the conservative base right now in primary season like a flat tax or huge tax cuts. But do the work to show your plans have the net effects you promise. Don't just tell me "the numbers work" but not given me the pertinent numbers that can be objectively evaluated.

I'm tired of people like Kasich or Bush not doing to the same and just saying what they've accomplished and not how they would change things.

]

I'm tired of people like Kasich or Bush not doing to the same and just saying what they've accomplished and not how they would change things.

Change is all well and good, but proposing major changes that you can't demonstrate will work and can pay for themselves doesn't help anything. In fact it can make a problem worse.

Too early for details. I want to know where these folks stand on principle....and what they are really made of. Whether the tax is ultimately 10% of 15% or 20% is of little consequence. Do they think the current system is screwed up; do they think we are taxed too much or too little? and are they going to work their butt of to change it? That is what I care about at this stage. Ultimately any proposal now will get changed in committee; what principle is it based on?

The problem w/ such plans is that they never arrive in bill from to be singed " as is ". Concessions always will be made, by members of the same party or the other. In order to get " something " passed, it'll have a dopey ass name on it, like the Affordable Care Act, just to fool the dumb masses.

Yeah, because why nominate the popular governor of a key swing state who cut taxes, was one of the main people responsible for the last federal balanced budget, took his state from deficits in to the black, and would appeal to independents when we can nominate some pelt-headed buffoon that will say anything no matter how stupid or an ideological purist that will get crushed in the general election?

But hey, we can say we won the primary!

Sorry, but I'm less inclined to support a guy who insults his base. Calling us "crazy" ..I think I can do without that.

Kasich hasn't put forth specifics and numbers for his plan in these debates.

I'd say Trump can actually take more credit for creating jobs than Kasich can because Trump has to put his own money and capital into creating a business. Even though I don't like Trump and won't vote him unless he wins the GOP nomination, I'd take Trump over Kasich, Bush, or Christie.

Kasich is a more energetic version of Jeb Bush imo.

Not always:

A Trip Down Donald Trump's Bankruptcy Memory Lane

http://www.forbes.co...cy-memory-lane/

Everything you want to know about Donald Trump's bankruptcies

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/31/news/companies/donald-trump-bankruptcy/

Sorry, but I'm less inclined to support a guy who insults his base. Calling us "crazy" ..I think I can do without that.

When a clown like Trump lasts this long as a front runner for the nomination, there are very few words in the English language that would more accurately describe those propping him up.

That said, he didn't call "us" crazy. He called this election crazy. And his criticisms were aimed at various candidates' ideas and proposals.

"Do you know how crazy this election is?", John Kasich said. "Let me tell you something. I've about had it with these people. Let me tell you why. We got one candidate that says we ought to abolish Medicaid and Medicare. You ever heard anything so crazy as that, telling our people in this country who are seniors or about to be seniors that we're going to abolish Medicaid and Medicare?"

"We got one person saying we ought to have a 10% flat tax," Kasich said. "That would drive up the deficit in this country by trillions of dollars that my daughters would spend the rest of their lives having to pay off. You know what I say to them. Why don't we have no taxes? Just get rid of them all. And then a chicken in every pot on top of it."

"We got one guy that says we ought to take 10 or 11 million people and pick them up, where the - I don't know where, we're going to go in their homes, their apartments. We're going to pick them up and we're going to take them to the border and scream at them to get out of our country," Kasich said. "Well that's just crazy. That is just crazy."

"We got people proposing healthcare reform that is going to leave, I believe, millions of people without adequate health insurance," Kasich continued. "What has happened to our party? What has happened to the conservative movement?"

First of all, I don't give a flip about Trump. But then Kasich goes on to talk about healthcare reform, which absolutely MUST happen, he claims HE BELIEVES would leave millions w/ out " adequate " insurance. That's the language of the current administration, and it's hogwash.

The progressive mindset that we can give away more and more stuff to the most amount of people is a failed policy that Europe is finally realizing doesn't work. Took them decades to figure it out, and that was WITH our Defense $ basically propping up their military. That gravy train has come to an end, and yet some here think that govt HERE needs to do more for the people.

It just needs to get the hell out of the way.

First of all, I don't give a flip about Trump.

But he wasn't talking about you. He is talking about an election cycle where someone like Trump has been the front runner the entire time so far.

But then Kasich goes on to talk about healthcare reform, which absolutely MUST happen, he claims HE BELIEVES would leave millions w/ out " adequate " insurance. That's the language of the current administration, and it's hogwash.

It's not hogwash. Even Obamacare doesn't cover everyone. None of the current Republican proposals get everyone covered either. It's a factual statement.

Regardless of whether you like Obama's solution or not, Kasich's statement is undeniable. The scant few proposals conservatives have put forth certainly don't cover more people than Obamacare. As a party, we've been long on criticism and short of alternatives with details.

The progressive mindset that we can give away more and more stuff to the most amount of people is a failed policy that Europe is finally realizing doesn't work. Took them decades to figure it out, and that was WITH our Defense $ basically propping up their military. That gravy train has come to an end, and yet some here think that govt HERE needs to do more for the people.

It just needs to get the hell out of the way.

Non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the criticisms Kasich made.

The progressive comment is NOT a non sequitur to what Kasich said. It's germane to the issue at hand. More and more free giveaways = death for a country.

This O-Care crap is pure smoke and mirrors. These people Kasich cares so much about didn't EARN anything. That HC he claims they'd lose isn't theirs. It's given to them by the gov't. They are not OWED it. They have no right to it in the first place, yet because it was forced on us, now suddenly it becomes theirs ? Not only is that false, it's damn near criminal.

It is NOT the proper function of govt to supply us w/ HC. PERIOD.

The progressive comment is NOT a non sequitur to what Kasich said. It's germane to the issue at hand. More and more free giveaways = death for a country.

He wasn't talking about giveaways. He was talking about getting more people covered by health insurance.

This O-Care crap is pure smoke and mirrors. These people Kasich cares so much about didn't EARN anything. That HC he claims they'd lose isn't theirs. It's given to them by the gov't. They are not OWED it. They have no right to it in the first place, yet because it was forced on us, now suddenly it becomes theirs ? Not only is that false, it's damn near criminal.

Neither should healthcare be treated as just another luxury item like a owning a car or being able to eat at a high-end restaurant and take a vacation at the beach every year. Kasich said nothing about giving anything away, he simply acknowledged reality - that we need solutions that don't result in less people being covered. It is indeed a non sequitur to what Kasich actually said.

He wasn't talking about giveaways. He was talking about getting more people covered by health insurance.

Neither should healthcare be treated as just another luxury item like a owning a car or being able to eat at a high-end restaurant and take a vacation at the beach every year. Kasich said nothing about giving anything away, he simply acknowledged reality - that we need solutions that don't result in less people being covered. It is indeed a non sequitur to what Kasich actually said.

Kasich said nothing about giving stuff away. He acknowledged the political realities and the compassion realities as well. Raptor, Titan has the precise nuanced read correctly. There are people on both sides making mountains out of molehills to support their own believes.

Getting them how ? At the expense of others, is how. You seem to want to overlook that tiny fact.

You have no right to a car, or being able to eat at a high end restaurant, so I fail to see the comparison. And it's right on target to what Kasich said, because you're not understanding the implications of his answer to the question of better healthcare. Making a law and forcing folks to pay higher rates , so that others can have " some " coverage is patently unAmerican.

Getting them how ? At the expense of others, is how. You seem to want to overlook that tiny fact.

Perhaps you don't understand how insurance works? Or perhaps you think we should turn sick people - including children - who are seeking help away?

You have no right to a car, or being able to eat at a high end restaurant, so I fail to see the comparison. And it's right on target to what Kasich said, because you're not understanding the implications of his answer to the question of better healthcare. Making a law and forcing folks to pay higher rates , so that others can have " some " coverage is patently unAmerican.

In other words, in your mind, a child has a "right" to be born but no "right" to receive medical care. Does that cover it?

In other words, in your mind, a child has a "right" to be born but no "right" to receive medical care. Does that cover it?

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Not healthcare, not xbox, not Mercedes Benz, not a trip to Hawai'i.

You are free, however, to pursue any and all of those things. It's just not the govt's job to insure you are GIVEN them.

Clear enough for you ?

ETA - And if YOU feel bad about others not having something you feel they should, then you can band together w/ like minded folks, start a movement to privately set up a cheaper alternative, how ever you feel you can achieve it, and help those " in need ". But to use the power of the govt and force everyone else , by law, through force and threats, to comply and give you want you want ? That's where the line should be drawn.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Not healthcare, not xbox, not Mercedes Benz, not a trip to Hawai'i.

You are free, however, to pursue any and all of those things. It's just not the govt's job to insure you are GIVEN them.

Clear enough for you ?

That's barbaric. You are shameless.

ETA - And if YOU feel bad about others not having something you feel they should, then you can band together w/ like minded folks, start a movement to privately set up a cheaper alternative, how ever you feel you can achieve it, and help those " in need ". But to use the power of the govt and force everyone else , by law, through force and threats, to comply and give you want you want ? That's where the line should be drawn.

Most Americans feel like government is the obvious way to organize a system of universal healthcare.

So if you find yourself on the "wrong" side of that line, you are welcome to either try and persuade that majority to barbarism or find a place that's more to your liking. There are lot's to choose from.

I see nothing wrong with using tax dollars to ensure health coverage for all any more than I see a problem with using tax dollars to provide national defense for all, or roads and interstates for all. Or public parks for all.

You have no right to a car, or being able to eat at a high end restaurant, so I fail to see the comparison.

That's because you don't do reading comprehension well. That is whole point: We don't, nor should we, have a right to those things. Healthcare is something that is wholly different than those types of things and should be treated as such.

Health care is not a right, It's expensive because the end consumer isn't the one who pays for it,. It's a third party, either government or an insurance company. We want to have government fix it when they're the ones who screwed it up to start with.

Archived