The weekly defense provided bulletin board material

WDE_OxPx_2010

Except for Carlton Davis every receiver they go up against they make them look like an all world receeiver.

its because the cushion is almost always 5 yards off the ball. And then we still can't tackle.

Um... you compliment the other team and then say how you are going to approach defending them with out giving any details.

duh.

Hey it's Crepa again.....guy will twist the most innocent quote to make it sound provocative....I"m not blaming the player. If coaches allow the beat writers access to the team, he has to take what comes from it....which is allowing beat writers to put a spin on an innocent comment in order to gernerate hits on his al.com site.

Once again.....IMO, players should not allowed to participate in interviews other than post game in controlled settings.

Once again.....IMO, players should not allowed to participate in interviews other than post game in controlled settings.

I think we can all agree by this point that Gus doesn't care who says what to the media. His players comments get distorted by the media resulting in negativity and he does nothing to put a wall up to seperate his players from the hacks?

This is just something that's not high on Gus' priority list right now.

Ole Miss will probably do what they did last year and throw the quick sideline pass to Treadwell. I don't know how many times they ran it but the defense never stopped it. they would have scored the game winner had Treadwell not suffered that terrible injury.

whew...when I saw the OP I was like oh no...what have we said now...already seen this...

however, being last in the SEC West I am not even sure opposing teams waste a push pin on what we say.... :dunno::wareagle:

how does stuff like this go by as OK with the coaching staff? it's not awful, but it's so disrespectful. Especially with how bad we are playing. Focus should be on executing the darn plays

how does stuff like this go by as OK with the coaching staff? it's not awful, but it's so disrespectful. Especially with how bad we are playing. Focus should be on executing the darn plays

Coaches have more to worry about than a harmless quote to the media. What do you want the coaches to do?

You can tell when folks just read headlines and nothing else. Read his whole answer. He said Treadwell was a very good player, also said how good their QB was. His comment was how they were going to play Treadwell, and he was replying like they would any of the other WR in the SEC. Why is everyone so worried about what others think about us. Grow up this is big boy football. WDE

You can tell when folks just read headlines and nothing else. Read his whole answer. He said Treadwell was a very good player, also said how good their QB was. His comment was how they were going to play Treadwell, and he was replying like they would any of the other WR in the SEC. Why is everyone so worried about what others think about us. Grow up this is big boy football. WDE

By playing 15 yards off the line scrimmage and letting an easy pitch go right across the middle for 10 yards a pop. And crediting the tackle to Kris Frost who actually just fell on the receiver as he's going down.

Amiright?

So you think it is the player's decision to play 15 yards of the line of scrimmage ? I am pretty sure that is the coach's call. Point is none of you guys are playing the game. He is. So he can say whatever he feels like saying. When you get to be a D1 DB then you can say what you would do. Until then just hang up and listen. WDE

So you think it is the player's decision to play 15 yards of the line of scrimmage ? I am pretty sure that is the coach's call. Point is none of you guys are playing the game. He is. So he can say whatever he feels like saying. When you get to be a D1 DB then you can say what you would do. Until then just hang up and listen. WDE

Just calling it like I see it. Defense has been suspect to letting the same things slip, just like offense keeps playing the dive off left tackle on first down...

Tired of hearing about bulletin board material. It doesn't really matter what they say. Just determines how foolish they might come off. I promise you Fournette would have performed the exact same with or without comments.

Not that guys are going to play harder because of comments but it just makes you look bad if the outcome isn't in your favor. Rudy Ford's comments about Fournette certainly didn't look good especially when he was going half speed and letting Fournette run by.

Archived