2016 4* JUCO DE Paul James III (AU commit 11/22/15)

ellitor

CSLmfJrWoAA0sbx.jpg

Paul James, DE

Miami, FL (Norland) via Copiah-Lincoln C.C.

Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 255

-Will visit this weekend & something could happen if the visit goes wel (Updated: James committed to AU)

-#2 in the juco nation in sacks (14 as a Sophomore)

-Will have 2 to play 2

-EE

-AU offered around a month ago

-He left there in August

-Originally from the Miami area

-Supposedly plays w/ a chip on his shoulder

247Sports: 4*

ESPN: NR

Rivals: NR

Scout: 3*

Offers: Auburn and Mississippi State, among others.

Hudl Highlight page

CSc_ewSUcAA25wg.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights look like exactly what we need next year...a pass rusher with good instincts. What is meant be "he left there is August"? Looks like he would be as close to guaranteed playing time as you might get. As long as he's not a trouble maker, I'll take 2.

Highlights look like exactly what we need next year...a pass rusher with good instincts. What is meant be "he left there is August"? Looks like he would be as close to guaranteed playing time as you might get. As long as he's not a trouble maker, I'll take 2.

He left means he withdrew from the school. It was never said why.

He left means he withdrew from the school. It was never said why.

Just an odd time to leave, weeks before a season. Of course, I lived in Wyoming for a year in the early 90s...I was an extremely happy 9th grader when my parents asked if I wanted to move back to Birmingham....miserable freaking place.

In a football season, August is usually when a coach puts in new policies, hot, tough practices start and so forth. It's not unusual for a player to drop out of a program in August. We've had our share drop out in August over the years.

Miami is a long drive from anywhere. Could've been a family situation that he needed to be closer to home for. Could've been anything. No need to speculate. After the Duke situation, I'm going to assume our coaches are in no hurry to invite another disciplinary situation into the program.

JUCOs don't usually have many options. Some teams don't recruit Junior Colleges at all, certainly not as much as we do. Just hope he's not playing us hoping for that dream offer. It has happened before.

Not trying to argue or anything, but most schools do take some JC guys. I honestly do not think AU takes more than other schools do.

JUCOs don't usually have many options. Some teams don't recruit Junior Colleges at all, certainly not as much as we do. Just hope he's not playing us hoping for that dream offer. It has happened before.

What meaningful school don't take juco's?

Nevermind. But Alabama takes juco's and play them at pivotal positions. Cody, Williams, Brown, belue, the big guy playing now for them on d line (can't remember his name)

Early enrollees seem to be what everyone wants. But if they are great talents I wouldn't necessarily pass. Marshall came in the fall and had a better year than he did the following year. Anyway I withdraw my comments.

I agree early enrollees are in high demand to get those spring practices in and a headstart to learn terminology

snapback.pngautan, on Today, 02:27 PM, said:

What meaningful school don't take juco's?

Nevermind. But Alabama takes juco's and play them at pivotal positions. Cody, Williams, Brown, belue, the big guy playing now for them on d line (can't remember his name)

....Jarran Reed.

People think this may actually happen today. KN is hinting at this possibly happening.

Makes sense. I was thinking maybe he wanted to committ after telling our coaches at the OV?

People think this may actually happen today. KN is hinting at this possibly happening.

That's what I was thinking, but it also made sense that he would when he OVs as IronMan suggested. I'm good either way, just glad it's looking like he's in the fold.

That's what I was thinking, but it also made sense that he would when he OVs as IronMan suggested. I'm good either way, just glad it's looking like he's in the fold.

I could be wrong here as people are also thinking that Marlon Character could flip today. That would be sweet. I would be happy to get Character today and James in 2 weeks.

If it was PJ he would habe given more of a hint than he did. It's someone else IMO. I think it's Character, Kyle Davis, or Antwuan.

Archived