2016 4* JUCO DE Paul James III (AU commit 11/22/15)

ellitor

People think this may actually happen today. KN is hinting at this possibly happening.

That's what I was thinking, but it also made sense that he would when he OVs as IronMan suggested. I'm good either way, just glad it's looking like he's in the fold.

I could be wrong here as people are also thinking that Marlon Character could flip today. That would be sweet. I would be happy to get Character today and James in 2 weeks.

And now we have our answer. And agreed.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is committing at the DSOR, according to him.

Dixie what does DSOR stand for? I have seen that Acronym before but more in a military sense that does not fit here. Depot Source of Repair doesn't fit.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Per the Clarion Ledger:

Auburn is the favorite to land the former Illinois defensive tackle, whose cousin is current Tigers freshman cornerback Carlton Davis. James told several media outlets that he intends to commit to the Tigers soon, and that pledge will likely come during his official visit for the Idaho game on Nov. 21. The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Miami native is a four-star prospect and was a major recruit out of high school. He quickly rose in status this season as among the top pass rushers in the JUCO ranks and recorded 14 sacks in nine games at Co-Lin.

Watching his latest hudl highlights, I realize that he really reminds me of Jeff Holland's play. He is just bigger and perhaps a twitch quicker. Really excited about his quick burst off of the ball and how violently he plays the game. We need some nastiness with some maturity on that defense next year.

Highlights look like exactly what we need next year...a pass rusher with good instincts. What is meant be "he left there is August"? Looks like he would be as close to guaranteed playing time as you might get. As long as he's not a trouble maker, I'll take 2.

He left means he withdrew from the school. It was never said why.

Just an odd time to leave, weeks before a season. Of course, I lived in Wyoming for a year in the early 90s...I was an extremely happy 9th grader when my parents asked if I wanted to move back to Birmingham....miserable freaking place.

Are you saying that Wyoming or B'ham is miserable place? I would trade living in Wyoming a thousand to one living in B'ham. I am a mountain man and love the Rockies almost as much as my Blue Ridge Mountains

Archived