2016 4* JUCO DE Paul James III (AU commit 11/22/15)

ellitor

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp now trying to flip Paul James. I was really hoping since he CHOSE to leave that he would leave our commits alone. Why did I expect that?????

Every coach does it. Expected.

Unless USCe has previous contact with the recruit he is not supposed to go after them. It is hard to prove whether previous contact was made or not.

Another board is reporting he turned USCe down. AU

Muschamp having a hard time getting our recruits. Tough in light of USC's recent string of decommitments.

I would expect it's going to be hard to get great offensive recruits to go to USCe. Defense will be a little better but USCe is not that easy to recruit as compared to UF.

Muschamp having a hard time getting our recruits. Tough in light of USC's recent string of decommitments.

Call me bitter, but I hope he gets zero of our recruits

Call me bitter, but I hope he gets zero of our recruits

I am not bitter yet but I will be if he nabs some of our prize recruits.

IMO Muschamp sells himself for defensive recruits and by all counts, TRob can close the deals but you're right, USC doesn't have the glamour of UF and in light of his UF experiment, offensive recruits are going to have to be convinced that USCe is in a better spot than cousin Clem right now. Maybe Bentley helps in that regard.

IMO Muschamp sells himself for defensive recruits and by all counts, TRob can close the deals but you're right, USC doesn't have the glamour of UF and in light of his UF experiment, offensive recruits are going to have to be convinced that USCe is in a better spot than cousin Clem right now. Maybe Bentley helps in that regard.

Here is my bold prediction. Jake Bentley commits to USCe and saves Muschamp's coaching career.

Here is my bold prediction. Jake Bentley commits to USCe and saves Muschamp's coaching career.

Lol. That is bold. Will be sad if the kid is guilted into staying there instead of going to Stanford. By his sophomore season the light will have left his eyes and the heavy drinking will have started.

I keed, of course.

Lol. That is bold. Will be sad if the kid is guilted into staying there instead of going to Stanford. By his sophomore season the light will have left his eyes and the heavy drinking will have started.

I keed, of course.

I agree, he would definitely miss out on Stanford, but can you imagine the pressure he now has to commit to USCe since a) his dad is a coach there and B) that is his home state

Muschamp now trying to flip Paul James. I was really hoping since he CHOSE to leave that he would leave our commits alone. Why did I expect that?????

Every coach does it. Expected.

Unless USCe has previous contact with the recruit he is not supposed to go after them. It is hard to prove whether previous contact was made or not.

That was in the separation contract that UF and Muschamp had. I don't see how Auburn could have such an agreement with him, since we aren't paying him a severance. It's not a standard NCAA condition. Remember Orgeron trying to pirate some of Tennessee's recruits to USCw when he and Kiffin moved back to the coast?

I loved his comment to Muschamp......"my heart is with Auburn"......classy response....

I loved his comment to Muschamp......"my heart is with Auburn"......classy response....

Agreed. Speaks well of how our program and school are presenting themselves to recruits, too.

Agreed. Speaks well of how our program and school are presenting themselves to recruits, too.

So far Muschamp is 0 for ___ in flipping our recruits.

I previously voiced some embarrassingly alarmist opinions about the impact his departure would have on recruiting. I was thinking primarily about uncommitted guys who were considering us, but I also had concerns about our "less solid verbals". Our staff has really impressed me since then and I'm feeling better about things in general.

I previously voiced some embarrassingly alarmist opinions about the impact his departure would have on recruiting. I was thinking primarily about uncommitted guys who were considering us, but I also had concerns about our "less solid verbals". Our staff has really impressed me since then and I'm feeling better about things in general.

I am curious to see if Garner and Thompson stay with us after we get a new DC. They have played a major role in keeping this class together, and if they leave, I am curious if that affects any of our recruits. I would expect Garner's absence may seal our fate with Derrick Brown, but not sure who else would be effected.

I am curious to see if Garner and Thompson stay with us after we get a new DC. They have played a major role in keeping this class together, and if they leave, I am curious if that affects any of our recruits. I would expect Garner's absence may seal our fate with Derrick Brown, but not sure who else would be effected.

Very good point. Garner already has the "Associate Head Coach" title, so maybe he's okay with that. And, as Shocks pointed out elsewhere, Thompson would only be in his 2nd year with us. Unless he's getting good offers elsewhere, maybe he's willing to stick it out. And word is he wants to stay at Auburn, but I don't know if the DC vacancy was part of the appeal. Of course, they could always get raises in lieu of promotions, too.

But you're right. It's something to keep an eye on, especially as the HCs and coordinators hired elsewhere build their staffs.

Yeah and it shines the light on just how much class a lot of coaches have in such a competitive driving league. First you leave your first year, then try to take as many coaches with you, as well as taking Gus's offensive philosophy, and now you expect every recruit you recruited to follow you. People say the phrase," Kicking a man when he's down." He is clearly aiming to shoot the man when he is down and five years from now I can't wait to see which school is more successful.

He is clearly aiming to shoot the man when he is down

No. He is trying to win at South Carolina. He recruited kids to Auburn because he thinks those kids will help him win football games, so he's going to try to recruit those same kids to South Carolina.

There are far fewer heroes and villains in coaching than our imaginations would have us believe.

He is clearly aiming to shoot the man when he is down

No. He is trying to win at South Carolina. He recruited kids to Auburn because he thinks those kids will help him win football games, so he's going to try to recruit those same kids to South Carolina.

There are far fewer heroes and villains in coaching than our imaginations would have us believe.

It's business.....that's all.

As for Garner ,etc.....it's not a given that when a new OC or DC comes in that it's necessary to decimate the current coaching staff. Mostly depends on why the vacancy occurs IMO. Why get rid of guys like Thompson or Garner because their boss got "promoted".? ...that makes no sense whatsoever. JMO but every effort should be made to keep them.

Archived