Goldberg: Injured Sean White Game Time Decision

MDM4AU

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^i would bet so. Time usually helps but staying off the knee is the only thing to heal it up. Nick had the same injury one time and we let JJ fill in for a game so he could heal up.

Ugh. Thanks for the info.

Interesting that it was a game time decision...but did not seem that we had a viable Plan B for the QB job. Gus did not want to start JJ and all that Wildcat shifting around, pass by Jason, etc. looked like plays that just popped into his mind on the spur of the moment. Did not seem to be part of a plan for the day IMO.

I've great admiration for SW who gutted it out....had bad knees off and on most of my life and I know what it feels like and took some courage for him to make that limping little run for the first down and then back out on the field without the brace a play later. It's a shame our QB situation is so bad that the coaches consider a one legged QB to be our best option.

... but if he played again it didn't need to be because of injury, it needed to be because they were bringing him in because they were needing him to do something that only he could do. Imo

Like throw the deep ball into the end zone on the last play?

Yeah that's why we lost it was on JJ. Especially that powerful three man rush the line couldn't block....But hey we lost I can see your purpose of that post you just made

Yeah that's why we lost it was on JJ. Especially that powerful three man rush the line couldn't block....But hey we lost I can see your purpose of that post you just made

Dang what a complete leap into a pile of simple to believe anyone is saying we lost because of JJ. We lost due to terrible play calling and terrible substitutions at critical positions at critical times by Gus.

wde

I was responding to a poster that quoted me, I'm not trying to go back and forth with you. Thanks

LOL, mmmk.

Couple things on this thread one about Cole and the Other on topic in this thread. I Don't know why some people have an issue with Cole he is knowledgeable and he is opinionated. Most Posters are opinionated myself included the difference is when you disagree with Cole and I have at times he backs up his opinions with facts. I agree with Cole on a lot of things but when I don't I tell him why and then he comes back with his reasons. That is a discussion not a fight.

Now getting back to the thread. SW sprained his knee last week and was a game time decision. The sprained knee did affect his performance but he is tough and played through it still making some good plays but as times the knee was an issue. In the 4th it was obvious he had tweaked it. What is the condition of his knee? Does the team have a real plan for QB if he is not able to go?

Last week when JJ was brought in he was not brought in for no more then trick plays most of the time he was nor brought in to actually play QB. Whether JJ is really an option to replace SW or not can be debated but if we are going to bring in JJ we need to bring him in running the full offense if SW can't go.

What is the condition of his knee?

He was examined by Dr. Andrews after the game and told that playing had not made it any worse.

Whether JJ is really an option to replace SW or not can be debated but if we are going to bring in JJ we need to bring him in running the full offense if SW can't go.

Here's the thing about Jeremy. I'm rooting for the kid to get his head straight, but when he was in against Ole Miss I saw two things that showed he is still not ready for prime time. The first and most obvious was that every pass he threw was still into double or triple coverage. He was lucky Stevens hauled in the one pass that he caught. The second was that, as soon as there was a chance for contact, he looked like he was either bracing for impact vs driving for yards, or running for cover. I don't know if Carl cleaned his clock in practice this Spring/Fall or what happened, but he's gun shy, and you can't be in the SEC.

I think we are better off with an injured Sean and some Kerryon (but not for just one play in the middle of a series... that just kills any rhythm).

SW threw the same pass though and in the game thread he got a pat on the back...I don't think he should just be brought into run either. But what qb is going to be successful in that position?

SW threw the same pass though and in the game thread he got a pat on the back...I don't think he should just be brought into run either. But what qb is going to be successful in that position?

The difference is that Sean threw one ball into double coverage. Every pass Jeremy threw was into double/triple coverage. No QB is going to be perfect all of the time, but it seems pretty obvious to me, and the coaches, which is making fewer mistakes. Unfortunately, if Sean's knee doesn't heal quickly, or he can't adjust his mechanics for the injury, he's not going to be as effective as he can be.

That ball was pretty early. So if he stopped there at three passes you'd nave one high throw, one int into double coverage and a completion. The miss st game first drive was a pick, Kentucky game he threw it in the endzone right at the linebacker in the first drive....If you stop there on his first drives it doesn't look good. Let him play get a rhythm and he looks much better....sample size makes a difference

But yes SW does make less mistakes, he doesn't take as many chances. I think both qb's would be even better if they found that happy medium between them both

Couple things on this thread one about Cole and the Other on topic in this thread. I Don't know why some people have an issue with Cole he is knowledgeable and he is opinionated. Most Posters are opinionated myself included the difference is when you disagree with Cole and I have at times he backs up his opinions with facts. I agree with Cole on a lot of things but when I don't I tell him why and then he comes back with his reasons. That is a discussion not a fight.

Now getting back to the thread. SW sprained his knee last week and was a game time decision. The sprained knee did affect his performance but he is tough and played through it still making some good plays but as times the knee was an issue. In the 4th it was obvious he had tweaked it. What is the condition of his knee? Does the team have a real plan for QB if he is not able to go?

Last week when JJ was brought in he was not brought in for no more then trick plays most of the time he was nor brought in to actually play QB. Whether JJ is really an option to replace SW or not can be debated but if we are going to bring in JJ we need to bring him in running the full offense if SW can't go.

Well I guess it's good if everybody is mad at me then there are less fights amongst everybody else LOL

Good piece on AUC about the pre-game decision for SW to play...appeared to be a last minute "yes" by the coaches which might explain the disjointed start to the game while they let him play a bit to see how his knee held up. I guess they felt obligated to give him a chance to prove that he could go....and seems he did well for them to let him run the standard offense though the team did not seem to benefit much when the wildcat was called since there was no mystery about what was going to happen.

However fans feel about JJ, it's obvious that the coaches were willing to go with an injured SW over JJ....and never thought that it was necessary to change QBs ....even late in the game when AU trailed and was trying to come back against an aggressive OM defense.

Still... if things keep going the way they are, they can just dub the UGA game "Injury Bowl 2015".

It would be fun to see this team play with a 100% healthy roster.

Still... if things keep going the way they are, they can just dub the UGA game "Injury Bowl 2015".

That could be said about any team though unfortunately. Yeah, injuries have plagued us and continued to do so. However, the first half against Louisville was pretty lackluster and we were pretty healthy. Unfortunately, it seems that we just lack the ability to create plays in critical times, healthy or not.

That could be said about any team though unfortunately. Yeah, injuries have plagued us and continued to do so. However, the first half against Louisville was pretty lackluster and we were pretty healthy. Unfortunately, it seems that we just lack the ability to create plays in critical times, healthy or not.

Um, the offense that played in the first half of the Louisville game had Jeremy Johnson at QB, Duke Williams as the primary receiver, a center making his first start at the position in his entire life, 4 other guys on the OL who had never played next to each other, 2 FR HBs, 2 FR TEs....

Y'all please at least put a modicum of thought into your criticisms of this football team.

Archived