Shining example on last play of execution

tigerbrotha12

Just thought this outlines everything that has gone wrong: We can't even execute a simple everybody go deep and throw it up to the end zone!!!!! Simply a lack of focus?? I just can't think of other teams that have such a huge huge problem with executing!!!

JJ is not confident or smooth in the pocket. It is sad because he has so much potential. He literally just had to step up and let the down rusher run pass him.

JJ is not confident or smooth in the pocket. It is sad because he has so much potential. He literally just had to step up and let the down rusher run pass him.

100% dead on. I actually figured he'd throw the hail mary and we'd catch it at the 2 or so and then get tackled. This team is close to being pretty solid. We just can't get out of our own way.

Guy on twitter said Johnson was pressured... my response was, "if by pressured you mean walked right past the only guy who he even rushed near the backfield than yeah, he was pressured. The only thing he needed to do was take two steps to his left and throw it far. I will support jeremy johnson the person an auburn man for the rest of my life, but Jeremy Johnson the Auburn football player has not earned the right to touch a football again.

Guy on twitter said Johnson was pressured... my response was, "if by pressured you mean walked right past the only guy who he even rushed near the backfield than yeah, he was pressured. The only thing he needed to do was take two steps to his left and throw it far. I will support jeremy johnson the person an auburn man for the rest of my life, but Jeremy Johnson the Auburn football player has not earned the right to touch a football again.

He was getting pressured from the back side. Watch the play again. Coleman missed his block. It was either roll out or get sacked. Johnson made the right call there. The OL didn't pull its weight.

Lol. A JJ bash thread after THIS game...as if he had any impact whatsoever. All the plays that went wrong in the game....But I don't know what I'm talking about though...

He was getting pressured from the back side. Watch the play again. Coleman missed his block. It was either roll out or get sacked. Johnson made the right call there. The OL didn't pull its weight.

Just rewatched it, and no he wasn't, three rushers. Left end pushes up the field, tackle and right end crash down the line but are contained. All jeremy johnson needed to do was take a step or two back and to the left and he would have had time to uncork a pass, instead he scrambled underneath the rusher who peeled back and forced johnson up towards the line where the crashing rushers had moved and the bad throw followed. There was ZERO back side pressure.

I think that ole Gus is in way over his head. But I thought that he might be when he was hired. Arky State is probably more his speed. Maybe he should have stayed there a couple of more years to really see what he was made of.

I think that ole Gus is in way over his head. But I thought that he might be when he was hired. Arky State is probably more his speed. Maybe he should have stayed there a couple of more years to really see what he was made of.

Maybe, maybe not....2010 and 2013 we won all of these kind of games.....pulled them out at the last minute or gave up points and yards all over the place but still won the games. Same guy coaching those games as coaching now....don't know that he forgot the stuff he knew back then.

I don't want to come across as bashing JJ but... He is very very spooky in the pocket and considering his size that is odd. I watched him play high school ball here in Montgomery and he would take off upfield and fight for yardage. As far as Gus no I disagree with some opinions that he is in over his head. I believe this team was way over hyped and with everyone we lost last year it is obvious we lost our leadership among players. I fully support this staff, this team and this school and I believe this season is not an outlook of things to come. There have been questionable play calls and dumb dumb dumb decisions and executions of the plays. The holdings, the dropped balls it's ridiculous. I personally would like to see a player snatched off the field for a wide open dropped pass. Not just on Rays drop near the end of the game but all together the last few games. Pull the player and let him think about it and let him stew on it for a while and see if that helps. We had a lot of fight today but still not enough and I'm really looking forward to seeing that fight plus a full game of executing when we need to.

Since has totally lost it, Malzahn should have put in Tucker Tuberville on that Hail Mary. Why not, Gus was going to lose another games. Gus has lost 8 of the last 11 conference games.

I don't want to come across as bashing JJ but... He is very very spooky in the pocket and considering his size that is odd. I watched him play high school ball here in Montgomery and he would take off upfield and fight for yardage. As far as Gus no I disagree with some opinions that he is in over his head. I believe this team was way over hyped and with everyone we lost last year it is obvious we lost our leadership among players. I fully support this staff, this team and this school and I believe this season is not an outlook of things to come. There have been questionable play calls and dumb dumb dumb decisions and executions of the plays. The holdings, the dropped balls it's ridiculous. I personally would like to see a player snatched off the field for a wide open dropped pass. Not just on Rays drop near the end of the game but all together the last few games. Pull the player and let him think about it and let him stew on it for a while and see if that helps. We had a lot of fight today but still not enough and I'm really looking forward to seeing that fight plus a full game of executing when we need to.

Execution issues. Play calling problems. Who is responsible for those things? Gus! I don't know how you can't be at least starting to question his abilities.

64-not bashing Gus at all, but there is a world of difference in being a HC and just being a coordinator, OC or DC. I think that we've already seen that in Chiz and Muschamp.

64-not bashing Gus at all, but there is a world of difference in being a HC and just being a coordinator, OC or DC. I think that we've already seen that in Chiz and Muschamp.

Don't disagree at all...just pointing out that for a few years we managed by hook or by crook to win these kinds of games...Hail Mary, Kick 6, a TD pas with seconds on the clock....or whatever.....but this year everything that used to work ....isn't.....just an observation....not placing blame. .

Would have been nice if we had blocked those 3 guys too.

The game was pretty much over. We were spent again. Noy enough depth on d. If a miracle took us into ot, our odds weren't good.

I think everyone can see. JJ is scared when on the field. Go back to the QB draw around the 5 and you can see he is afraid to get hit rather than using his size to hit a defender and try to go forward and gain extra yardage.

I think he will try/do anything asked of him by the coaches but the execution will rarely happen.

Execution issues. Play calling problems. Who is responsible for those things? Gus! I don't know how you can't be at least starting to question his abilities.

You can question, but what will that do? He's not going anywhere this year or next. We just have to hope he is aware that something is wrong and he makes some positive changes after the season is done.

I think everyone can see. JJ is scared when on the field. Go back to the QB draw around the 5 and you can see he is afraid to get hit rather than using his size to hit a defender and try to go forward and gain extra yardage.

I think he will try/do anything asked of him by the coaches but the execution will rarely happen.

I don't know that he's scared and neither do you. He is sometimes indecisive, which doesn't necessarily mean you're scared. So, please do us all a favor and don't speak for everyone about things you don't really know about.

Just about everyone knows that except one particular poster that just won't give up. Very sorry for JJ, but he just doesn't have it. I wish him all the best in whatever career he chooses.

I don't know that he's scared and neither do you. He is sometimes indecisive, which doesn't necessarily mean you're scared. So, please do us all a favor and don't speak for everyone about things you don't really know about.

Timid might me a better word.

No more JJ. He brings nothing productive to the offense. He's not fast and he doesn't protect the ball. Every throw he had today went to double and triple coverage. I understand he filled roles Sean couldn't due to his injury. He's no better than he was to start the season

Archived