Just to clear things up....

tigerbrotha12

Does anyone have info on what the current status of Tahj, Lang, Purifoy, And Trayvon Reed? I'm not all the way caught up with the happenings with all of those guys, and really hope we will have most of them back by SEC play. Any leads?

Does anyone have info on what the current status of Tahj, Lang, Purifoy, And Trayvon Reed? I'm not all the way caught up with the happenings with all of those guys, and really hope we will have most of them back by SEC play. Any leads?

Tahj out for a month not sure about Lang and Purifoy and Reed no listed on roster

Tahj is out for about a month with a separated shoulder, Lang is out with a knee injury I believe. Hopefully not long. Trayvon Reed is redshirting and is not part of the program currently. Purifoy has been cleared by NCAA but there is a hold up with either the ACT or SAT governing body. Apparently his score improvement raised a red flag so they want to be sure.

With Purifoy though, it shouldn't take this long to make a decision. They've had this information for months now, if I understand correctly.

Purifoy tweeted the post below. Sounds like he has a dog that is not in the fight this year..if you know what I mean.

My boy gone put on this year wish you the best big bro @KCANTY1 instagram.com/p/92PJJRpJcs/

11:46am - 9 Nov 15

Purifoy tweeted the post below. Sounds like he has a dog that is not in the fight this year..if you know what I mean.

My boy gone put on this year wish you the best big bro @KCANTY1 instagram.com/p/92PJJRpJcs/

11:46am - 9 Nov 15

From Canty to Purifoy...

@purifoy_danjel already know lil bro remember keep your head up I know what you going thru but once you get back we taken off 1f680.png1f680.png !!

11/9/15, 12:45

My old Babelfish program program lets me easily translate foreign languages to standard English...but it usually just crashes when I try some of these tweets and twitters.

Any suggestions? :dunno:

yeah, it's called english in the year 2015. i don't have an issue understanding it, but then again i'm only 30 years old.

seriously, seeing the official aufamily twitter account tweet out a "joke" about how derrick henry speaks is disgusting. it very much reminds me of bammers (and lots of auburn fans, including some of my own relatives) criticizing the way nick marshall speaks. it's totally unnecessary and is frankly a very bad look.

yeah, it's called english in the year 2015. i don't have an issue understanding it, but then again i'm only 30 years old.

seriously, seeing the official aufamily twitter account tweet out a "joke" about how derrick henry speaks is disgusting. it very much reminds me of bammers (and lots of auburn fans, including some of my own relatives) criticizing the way nick marshall speaks. it's totally unnecessary and is frankly a very bad look.

Seconded.

Not sure i agree that this English. But then again, none of us speak English.

I really hope we can get Purifoy eligible at some point this season. Does anyone know if there is a date where we can say we aren't going to see him this year? I.e. if he isn't eligible by Dec then does that mean he is out till next year?

All you say is well and good. Now, if you (or anybody) would translate the above tweet messages into something an old fart like me can understand, I'd appreciate it.

All you say is well and good. Now, if you (or anybody) would translate the above tweet messages into something an old fart like me can understand, I'd appreciate it.

Purifoy pretty much wished Canty 'good luck' this season.

Oh. I was led to believe it had something to do with eligibility, or at least contained some news. Thanks.

Does that mean they are not likely to be playing together this year?

Does that mean they are not likely to be playing together this year?

That is what I took from it. He doesn't know if he will get clearance before or during the season, so I imagine he is pretty down about it.

Go back far enough on this subject and one can read where both AU64 and I doubted that Purifoy would play for Auburn this year, if ever. We may yet be wrong and I hope we are but I don't think so. The guy switched high schools three times in his last two years. All other thoughts about that aside, the NCAA does not like the abnormal and unusual and Purifoy placed himself squarely in the abnormal and unusual area.

Go back far enough on this subject and one can read where both AU64 and I doubted that Purifoy would play for Auburn this year, if ever. We may yet be wrong and I hope we are but I don't think so. The guy switched high schools three times in his last two years. All other thoughts about that aside, the NCAA does not like the abnormal and unusual and Purifoy placed himself squarely in the abnormal and unusual area.

The NCAA isn't the one that's investigating. The ACT board is.

Exactly. Once the ACT clears him the NCAA will as well.

Internet high five

The NCAA's clearing house will do nothing until the ACT scores are confirmed. After that the NCAA will commence the process of dragging its feet. In a normal time frame weeks will pass before the NCAA clears. In Purifoy's case, it could be months.

The NCAA's clearing house will do nothing until the ACT scores are confirmed. After that the NCAA will commence the process of dragging its feet. In a normal time frame weeks will pass before the NCAA clears. In Purifoy's case, it could be months.

Mikey I understand what you're saying, I was just correcting you. The NCAA isn't investigating Purifoy, the ACT is. He'll be cleared by both once the ACT approves him.

can they not just make him re-take the test and call it a day? seems like this could take what a week tops?

Doesn't really work like that. ACT schedules are set in stone years in advance. He could potentially retake it I guess? But it would be on the ACT's time, not his. Then he'd have to wait at least a month to even get his score back.

can they not just make him re-take the test and call it a day? seems like this could take what a week tops?

More than likely if it was an incredible score jump that caused the red flags, Purifoy was likely cheating. Rich kids with personal tutors would be lucky to jump 7+ points in such a short period of time. I think the average jump is like three points total. In summary, we probably don't want him retaking the test.

http://www.actstudent.org/faq/more.html

A couple premises were off but my conclusion remains intact. It is hard to make significant jumps unless your scores started so low that even if you did make sizable gains, it would still be hard to get in.

More than likely if it was an incredible score jump to cause red flags, Purifoy cheating was likely.

Of course, there is this question... how does one cheat on the ACT? Unless things have changed since I took mine, the students are watched like a hawk when taking it. I guess a member of the faculty administering the test could do something, but really?

Archived