College Station

thaitopher

My brother and I are headed to College Station this weekend. We have started a tradition of going to one away game per year. I have never been there before so would love advice you guys may have such as best restaurant, etc....

Went in 2013. So glad I went! I was a co-op student in Texas at the time so I stayed on-campus in a friend's apartment. My Auburn roommates and I listened for much of the day about how unstoppable Johnny Football was, but gladly took their free beer and hospitality. After the game however, they weren't as giving with their remaining alcohol supply...hmmm...

Go to the Dixie Chicken, don't wear your hat in their student center equivalent (it's forbidden, I think due to their military past, but I can't remember). It's a nice campus, but in 2013 I remember thinking "These guys have a long way to go to be crazed SEC fans." Nice people, nice trip, go bring us back a 5th win. WDE

My brother and I are headed to College Station this weekend. We have started a tradition of going to one away game per year. I have never been there before so would love advice you guys may have such as best restaurant, etc....

I live here. what do you like to eat? I think you'll really like the place and will come away impressed with the place.

I live here. what do you like to eat? I think you'll really like the place and will come away impressed with the place.

Pretty much anything. What is the most unique experience?

food- places right off the top of my head. Napa Flats (everything there is cooked in a brick oven), Torchy's Tacos, Grub burger, Freebirds (kinda like chipotle but better IMO), Rudy's BBQ, Fargo's BBQ (in Bryan).

I see you're Asian, don't try any of the Asian places. Pho is horrible and the thai place is garbage.

if you get there on Friday, go to midnight yell. its an aggie tradition. if youre looking for bars, just go to Northgate. there's 22 bars in a 3 block span. its right north of campus.

food- places right off the top of my head. Napa Flats (everything there is cooked in a brick oven), Torchy's Tacos, Grub burger, Freebirds (kinda like chipotle but better IMO), Rudy's BBQ, Fargo's BBQ (in Bryan).

I see you're Asian, don't try any of the Asian places. Pho is horrible and the thai place is garbage.

if you get there on Friday, go to midnight yell. its an aggie tradition. if youre looking for bars, just go to Northgate. there's 22 bars in a 3 block span. its right north of campus.

Not actually Thai, but I grew up there. I went to Torchys when I was in Austin a few weeks ago for work - AMAZING tacos. WOW!

Went there for the American nuclear society student conference, didn't get to see too much of the city though

I've never been out their either. However, I have a cousin who lives in College Station. Her, her husband and their 2 sons are big A&M fans. They keep telling they can get me a ticket if I ever follow Auburn to College Station/

Went there for the American nuclear society student conference, didn't get to see too much of the city though

That explains a lot.

Thank you. Bunch of brilliant people there, I learned alot.

I also live in College Station. You're actually coming to the area on a good weekend because this Friday is First Friday in downtown Bryan (which is like the equivalent of Opelika to Auburn). Downtown Bryan is a very unique area and have many bars/shops. It's alot less rowdy than Northgate. There will be merchants, food trucks, street performers, etc outside the establishments downtown. There's plenty of good eateries there too, It Must Be Heaven (sandwhich shop), Murphy's Law (German cuisine), Papa Perez (Mexican), Madden's (upscale dining), Proudest Monkey (some of the best burgers in town), Caffè Capri (Italian). I'm actually a foodie in town so I can recommend plenty of places depending on what you're looking for. I hope everyone visiting enjoys their trip to Aggieland!

May not be the right place to ask this, but...My family is heading to Disney World for a week on Saturday, is there an Auburn Club down there in Orlando that I could watch the TA&M game with Saturday night? if not any other suggestions on a good place? Thanks and War Eagle.

May not be the right place to ask this, but...My family is heading to Disney World for a week on Saturday, is there an Auburn Club down there in Orlando that I could watch the TA&M game with Saturday night? if not any other suggestions on a good place? Thanks and War Eagle.

According to the alumni club site, the Orlando AU Club meets here:

name

Miller’s Field House

description

Orlando Area Auburn Club

Buck Miller

407-496-3456

bucksbucks@me.com

Hope this helps!

Yes I believe they meet at................. its just a few miles north of mickey land

Miller's Field House

7958 Via Dellagio Way

Orlando, FL 32819

Just keep in mind, in case you aren't familiar with the area, Disney World isn't actually in Orlando. Depending on what hotel you stay in, Miller’s Field House is a good 15-25 minute drive/cab ride. A back-up plan, if that won't work for you, is the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk Resort. I've never failed to find a few of the Auburn faithful when I was down there during football season. Heck, I was there in early October, for the Food and Wine festival, and one of the guys checking bags was giving War Eagles to anyone he saw with an Auburn bag or wearing Auburn gear.

Archived