Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every year there are some of the most off the wall hires for HC positions. I would bet that a good percentage of these hires turn out to be huge busts. It makes you wonder what ADs are thinking.

When Virginia lured Brono Mendenhall away from BYU, that left a position open. BYU has named Oregon State DC Kalani Sitake as their new head coach.

I believe all Head Coaching jobs have been filled now. The OP of this thread has been updated. Does anybody know of any FBS jobs that haven't been filled?

You shouldn't doubt it. He will be hitting Georgia and Florida harder than the previous coaching staff did. Once they do we'll bump heads with them

You shouldn't doubt it. He will be hitting Georgia and Florida harder than the previous coaching staff did. Once they do we'll bump heads with them

I agree. Robinson and Muschamp recruiting the Florida area and Mclendon, the Georgia area.

What you should really ask is where you read anybody said the coaches won't be able to deal with it.....That's probably where you'll find your pessimism. Don't know how you prep for it though....it will now be more competition there's no getting around it

That's not even pessimism. Like Cole said, just more competition.

I get that. It just seems as if people are thinking the staff at Auburn isn't aware of this and will lose a lot of recruits as a result.

That's not even pessimism. Like Cole said, just more competition.

I get that. It just seems as if people are thinking the staff at Auburn isn't aware of this and will lose a lot of recruits as a result.

I missed those posts, you said we probably won't fight over recruits with them but it's only logical to know that it will pick up. As far as me I didn't say anything as if they will get all the recruits.

So, Thomas Brown and Bryan Mcclendon both UGA alums, have left their alma mater for Miami and S Carolina. Mcclendon will supposedly coach UGA in their bowl game while their HC is coaching for Alabama as long as they are in the playoff. Also coaching for Alabama is Jeremy Pruitt who most of their fans hoped to retain. Wow.

So, Thomas Brown and Bryan Mcclendon both UGA alums, have left their alma mater for Miami and S Carolina. Mcclendon will supposedly coach UGA in their bowl game while their HC is coaching for Alabama as long as they are in the playoff. Also coaching for Alabama is Jeremy Pruitt who most of their fans hoped to retain. Wow.

Pruitt cannot coach at UAT if Smart is coaching, unless someone else on the staff has left. There are NCAA limits on the number of on the field coaches.

I am surprised about Smart hanging around Bama when he needs to be shoring up his staff at UGA and finalizing his recruiting strategy.

There is a huge conflict of interest with him serving two masters right now.

By rule, that is correct on number of coaches, but Saban has pretty much made that rule irrelevant by hiring a huge number of football "support staff" who are coaches in every way but NCAA definition. Other staffs, including AU have been adding these "non-coaches" in an attempt to catch up.

I believe all Head Coaching jobs have been filled now. The OP of this thread has been updated. Does anybody know of any FBS jobs that haven't been filled?

Found this on coaching search according to that site there are two left open Ball State & Texas State

2015%20FBS%20head%20coaching%20changes%2012-22%202.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just to close out the head coaching carousel season, the final two positions have been filled. Last week, Mike Neu was named as the new head coach at Ball State and Texas State selected Everett Withers.

• 3 weeks later...

At University of Southern Mississippi, head coach Monken stepped down on Sunday to become the offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Their AD hopes to make a quick hire. Top candidates seem to be Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and Alcorn State head coach Jay Hopson, as well as USM DC David Duggan, but other names in the mix include Rhett Lashlee and Ole Miss co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Matt Luke.

So, I'm adding this to the list of openings in the OP.

Archived