Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

Kiffin will be out at Alabama this year but unlike what many think he is more damaged as an HC than ever. I don't think Ga. or any SEC would take him at this or any point. I think much more will come out about him after the season but I am pretty sure he won't be at alabama next year.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiffin will be out at Alabama this year but unlike what many think he is more damaged as an HC than ever. I don't think Ga. or any SEC would take him at this or any point. I think much more will come out about him after the season but I am pretty sure he won't be at alabama next year.

Kiffin's HC failures are too fresh to be forgotten already in my view.....though some lesser school might take a chance.

On the other hand I don't think his work at bama has hurt his reputation as an OC. Has taken a couple of marginal QB prospects and enabled bama to continue winning at their usual pace. If he is gone from bama I think he ends up as a QB coach back in the NFL. Crazy... :-\ maybe not.

His issues at bama are personal not professional.

Arguably, his issues everywhere have been personal. It's not his coaching that has made him a pariah, it's his inability to not be an idiot in public. At least the bama machine has kept that in check for him while he is there.

My Knights could really use an innovative coach to change our 1960's offense.

That's for sure. Need to do a better job recruiting in central Fl.

Agreed 100% UCF could really be a force in the future with the right hire. Love their campus and living in Orlando is a lot nice than Gainesville or Tallahassee in my opinion.

Look for the circle to be completed and Gene Chizik return to Central Florida

I hope this comes true this was reported on 11/10/2015

With a job opening at the University of Miami, there appears to be one really obvious candidate for the job. Alabama offensive line coach Mario Cristobal is reportedly at the top of the list of candidates according to areport from Football Scoop.

I understand wanting Rocker, but didn't he already come back once (Chizik regime) and then leave - what makes anyone think he would come back again?

I understand wanting Rocker, but didn't he already come back once (Chizik regime) and then leave - what makes anyone think he would come back again?

Rocker won't come back for anything less than a coordinator, probably no less than head coach if I recall correctly. I also don't see Garner taking a demotion to desk job either.

With a job opening at the University of Miami, there appears to be one really obvious candidate for the job. Alabama offensive line coach Mario Cristobal is reportedly at the top of the list of candidates according to areport from Football Scoop.

This would be HUGE, Alabama's offensive lines under him have bailed out average level running backs and sub par qbs.

This would be HUGE, Alabama's offensive lines under him have bailed out average level running backs and sub par qbs.

I've felt like their oline has been sub-par since Christobal took over - especially compared the Pendry lines they used to have. They've been very inconsistant the last two years - racking up numerous penalties and at times had Coker running for his life.

I've felt like their oline has been sub-par since Christobal took over - especially compared the Pendry lines they used to have. They've been very inconsistant the last two years - racking up numerous penalties and at times had Coker running for his life.

This, but Cristobal is an excellent recruiter.

This is why I want him gone

Rumor is

that the Colts are interested in Saban. And with Luck there, that seems like quite a draw for him.

Somebody let me know once we hear the good ole real estate rumor of Terry house shopping in Indy.

I for one think the Saban to the Colts rumors are total BS. First, he won't have the total control of the program like he has at Bama. He would have to answer to a GM, team president, and/or team owner, and Nick Saban likes to answer to one person and one person only: Nick Saban. Second, he is not going to have the mass idol worship like he does in Tuscaloosa. Like the article a couple of years stated---if Saban steps in a pile of dog doo, there will be a line of folks wanting to clean it off for him, most of whom would have glass jars to put it in to put on the mantle piece. Hell, those idiots would be literally beating the s*** out of each other for their share of it. Third, where else is he going to work that will actually give him a 2 million dollar raise after losing the last 2 ball games in the season (see 2013)? Fourth: Indianapolis. Really?

^^^FWIW The rumors about the Colts is that he would basically be HC with full control of Personel draft picks etc...

Can you imagine how horrible it would be to play on an NFL team with Saban in FULL control?I bet if a player from the 2005 Miami team read that sentence, their skin would crawl.

^^^FWIW The rumors about the Colts is that he would basically be HC with full control of Personel draft picks etc...

Can you imagine how horrible it would be to play on an NFL team with Saban in FULL control?I bet if a player from the 2005 Miami team read that sentence, their skin would crawl.

If I had to guess it would be similar to being on the Patriots right now.

Bozo the clown would be a great recruiter at turdtown if he had Dodge Chargers to give away with no fear of repercussions from the ncaa.

Archived