Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban ain't leaving Bama to go to the pros. He tried that once and didn't like higher paid, more egotistical pricks than him where he couldn't control/threaten them.

I've added Missouri to the original list of vacancies, now that Pinkel has announced he will retire after this season.

It's not clear how advanced his lymphoma is and the type of lymphoma has not been revealed. Treatments and 5 year survival rates for some forms of lymphoma are good, if it has been caught early enough. Best wishes for a positive outcome for coach Pinkel.

I for one think the Saban to the Colts rumors are total BS. First, he won't have the total control of the program like he has at Bama. He would have to answer to a GM, team president, and/or team owner, and Nick Saban likes to answer to one person and one person only: Nick Saban. Second, he is not going to have the mass idol worship like he does in Tuscaloosa. Like the article a couple of years stated---if Saban steps in a pile of dog doo, there will be a line of folks wanting to clean it off for him, most of whom would have glass jars to put it in to put on the mantle piece. Hell, those idiots would be literally beating the s*** out of each other for their share of it. Third, where else is he going to work that will actually give him a 2 million dollar raise after losing the last 2 ball games in the season (see 2013)? Fourth: Indianapolis. Really?

You stop and think fir just a minute about having to put up with that insane fan base day after day. You have people asking you to autograph their infant child. If Texas had been able to keep their stuff straight a couple of years ago he'd be there now. Had the dolphins management been willing to pull the trigger on the deal for Drew Brees then he'd likely still be there. I don't think he wants to go back to the NFL now but it's not a lead pipe cinch that he finishes his career at Alabama.

I think its silly to think that Saban wouldn't want another shot in the NFL, one to prove he can and two as far as coaching goes, being an NFL HC is the pinnacle of the profession. Not to mention the fact he'd double his salary probably to $8 mil per year. I don't think it would be financial by any stretch, but purely professional as in why not get back to an NFL gig??

Les Miles on the hot seat is even more absurd than Mark Richt. It's like if every head coach isn't posting Nick Saban numbers, he's gotta go.

Les Miles on the hot seat is even more absurd than Mark Richt. It's like if every head coach isn't posting Nick Saban numbers, he's gotta go.

ain't it

The post reads, "may be back on the hot seat soon,lol." So, you misread the post. If he loses 2 more and a bowl game he'd be 8-5 again and you're crazy if you don't think he'd be on the hot seat at that point. He has OM and atm left, so I don't expect him to drop both and they can win both, but who knows.

LSU fans expect championships, nothing less. SEC at the minimum. He has a hotbed to recruit from. The expectations are very high.

Most sensible post on this thread.

The post reads, "may be back on the hot seat soon,lol." So, you misread the post. If he loses 2 more and a bowl game he'd be 8-5 again and you're crazy if you don't think he'd be on the hot seat at that point. He has OM and atm left, so I don't expect him to drop both and they can win both, but who knows.

LSU fans expect championships, nothing less. SEC at the minimum. He has a hotbed to recruit from. The expectations are very high.

Les Miles at LSU: 3 SEC Championship Games, 2 SEC Championships. 2 BCS National Championship Games, 1 BCS National Championship (probably would have been two if they didn't have to play a rematch). 110-31 W/L.

Seasonal records:

11-2

11-2

12-2

8-5

9-4

11-2

13-1

10-3

10-3

8-5

7-2 at present

If LSU has a better coach in their history that has more championships than Les Miles, please tell me who. I say again, it's like if every coach isn't posting Nick Saban numbers, he's gotta go. It's absurd, and certainly not representative of what I hear from LSU fans.

Les doesn't have to be a good coach, he has elite talent. Better coaching would make LSU better though.( They have a ton of NFL talent on offense this year.) Especially offensive coaching improvement could work miracles. I don't think Kevin Steele is that good so the defense will be below the norm for them.

I think LSU could be even better than what we've seen, just like Georgia could be.

Les doesn't have to be a good coach, he has elite talent. Better coaching would make LSU better though.( They have a ton of NFL talent on offense this year.) Especially offensive coaching improvement could work miracles. I don't think Kevin Steele is that good so the defense will be below the norm for them.

I think LSU could be even better than what we've seen, just like Georgia could be.

I hear this stuff all the time...but who is the coach that is going to come in and do a better job? Like 'em or not, Les and Richt are among the elite of successful coaches in college football.

I love it when a school decides that 9 or 10 wins is not enough...and goes coach hunting the first time they catch a coach with a bad season or two.

If LSU and GA hotheads have their way, the rest of the SEC will be the beneficiaries.

I hear this stuff all the time...but who is the coach that is going to come in and do a better job? Like 'em or not, Les and Richt are among the elite of successful coaches in college football.

I love it when a school decides that 9 or 10 wins is not enough...and goes coach hunting the first time they catch a coach with a bad season or two.

If LSU and GA hotheads have their way, the rest of the SEC will be the beneficiaries.

Alabama, Georgia, LSU get plenty of talent, the difference is coaching. I agree I'd be happy at Auburn with 9 or 10 wins a year but the ceiling is very high for those schools and Saban gets the most out of his teams. Those coaches do good but it could always be better. Your right there's not always the perfect coach to replace them, though.

Alabama, Georgia, LSU get plenty of talent, the difference is coaching. I agree I'd be happy at Auburn with 9 or 10 wins a year but the ceiling is very high for those schools and Saban gets the most out of his teams. Those coaches do good but it could always be better. Your right there's not always the perfect coach to replace them, though.

The ceiling is high based on what? Saban at Alabama envy? LSU has three national championships in the program's history. One of them belongs to Les Miles. They have 11 SEC Championships, and he is one of their 3 coaches that has 2. His win/loss record is the best in their history, and the same is true for Mark Richt. It's not like both programs have some kind of history of dominating the national championship picture that they have somehow lost.

The ceiling is high based on what? Saban at Alabama envy? LSU has three national championships in the program's history. One of them belongs to Les Miles. They have 11 SEC Championships, and he is one of their 3 coaches that has 2. His win/loss record is the best in their history, and the same is true for Mark Richt. It's not like both programs have some kind of history of dominating the national championship picture that they have somehow lost.

Oh yes I Agree with you Alabama has set the bar and that has made the fan bases want more when they see that they, from a talent standpoint, are very competitive with them.

Oh yes I Agree with you Alabama has set the bar and that has made the fan bases want more when they see that they, from a talent standpoint, are very competitive with them.

This is mostly an SEC problem I guess...the further a school is from the state of Alabama.....the less people pay any attention to NS and the bama record.

LSU fans compare everything to Saban/Bama....it's like the jilted lover syndrome. They are sick and tired of having to face their old lover every year and watch him reach the top of the mountain while they are left with a grass eating, crazy old uncle known as the mad hatter.

LSU fans compare everything to Saban/Bama....it's like the jilted lover syndrome. They are sick and tired of having to face their old lover every year and watch him reach the top of the mountain while they are left with a grass eating, crazy old uncle known as the mad hatter.

Probably...so who do they think will be an improvement? It's almost laughable ...people at LSU or UGa or elsewhere wanting to dump probably the best coach they have ever had....for who? some guy from the MAC or Sunbelt ?

Probably...so who do they think will be an improvement? It's almost laughable ...people at LSU or UGa or elsewhere wanting to dump probably the best coach they have ever had....for who? some guy from the MAC or Sunbelt ?

Saban and Myer started as head coaches at MAC schools..Gus got his start in the Sun Belt...

Les Miles at LSU: 3 SEC Championship Games, 2 SEC Championships. 2 BCS National Championship Games, 1 BCS National Championship (probably would have been two if they didn't have to play a rematch). 110-31 W/L.

Seasonal records:

11-2

11-2

12-2

8-5

9-4

11-2

13-1

10-3

10-3

8-5

7-2 at present

If LSU has a better coach in their history that has more championships than Les Miles, please tell me who. I say again, it's like if every coach isn't posting Nick Saban numbers, he's gotta go. It's absurd, and certainly not representative of what I hear from LSU fans.

Like I said if he went 8-5 this year potential hot seat. Definitely warm.

I've heard Satan to Indy rumors (which autocorrected to "tumors").

I believe I read Pinkel has non-hodgkins lymphoma. Wishing him all the best and a successful recovery!

Archived