My open letter to the Auburn fans of this forum

aubfaninga

To the members of the Auburn family please ignore this post.

To the "fans",

Losing sucks!!! I get it and I dont believe for one second that Auburn should expect anything less than a team that competes every year for championships.

With that being said please stop acting like spoiled brats. There is nothing worse than listening to fans spew stuff out that makes the IQ of a fanbase drop. Here are a few suggestions on topics to never bring up again because frankly you sound stupid.

#1 Don't bring up the "coaches get paid too much" stuff. Auburns coaching salaries as a group are "middle of the pack". Using this logic means that we are supposed to lose to Ole Miss. Huge Freeze makes more money!!!

#2 How about the "we have too many stars" on the field to lose? Do you even understand that Juco players go toward recruiting rankings each year? Attrition? Transfers from coaching changes and other things? Nick Marshall and CAP for example. Nick counted big time towards our 2013 signing class. Guess what? He is in the NFL! Where is CAP?

Do you understand that the other schools have very good athletes too? I will use Ole Miss again since it was our last game. If star power is suppose to win games then by default we loss before kickoff. How many Auburn players did you see Saturday that you know for a fact gets drafted this year? What round? Now really quickly name 3 Ole Miss players without thinking even why? Most who know football should have spouted off Treadwell, Tunsil, and Robert N in a split second. What round do u see them getting drafted?

#3 Calling for coaches before seasons end. I had to hear "fire bobo" for a thousand years. How is that working for uga now? No matter how much I love a certain coach I know that this is a results based business. I see with my own eyes that currently AU is not showing results. Pulling my hair out... Just don't be the cancer that makes the AU fanbase sound like uga fans lite. Every ga fan that I have seen this week has said "fire richt" to devert the loss off of them as a fan. If they had beat FL it would have been "go dawgs". If you said WDE after the miracle or one second game then be a man or woman and say it about a team that is 4-4.

One more thing about coaching changes. Sometimes it is the only option and right now that is not the case. If you think that coaching change is the best answer then you are quite frankly foolish and delusional.

WAR EAGLE!!! Beat A&M

A breathe of fresh air. Well done and WDE !!!

CAP is also in the NFL. He's playing with Cammy Cam.

If I get the time I will try and break down our last five recruiting classes and where are they now. But yes, CAP is in the NFL and there is also Duke who is hopefully getting his life straight right now. Then there is Coates also who counted in one of those highly ranked classes that could have been on the field.

For me, this area of stats are not for excuses but simply factors. Coaching problems aside, take the time to look at the depth charts from the 2009 and 2012 teams. Now look at an updated depth chart for us right now. We are playing very good athletes and highly recruited at that. Its just a lot of them are very young. Our depth chart almost mirrors LSU's from 2014.

To the "fans",

Losing sucks!!! I get it and I dont believe for one second that Auburn should expect anything less than a team that competes every year for championships.

With that being said please stop acting like spoiled brats. There is nothing worse than listening to fans spew stuff out that makes the IQ of a fanbase drop. Here are a few suggestions on topics to never bring up again because frankly you sound stupid.

#1 Don't bring up the "coaches get paid too much" stuff. Auburns coaching salaries as a group are "middle of the pack". Using this logic means that we are supposed to lose to Ole Miss. Huge Freeze makes more money!!!

#2 How about the "we have too many stars" on the field to lose? Do you even understand that Juco players go toward recruiting rankings each year? Attrition? Transfers from coaching changes and other things? Nick Marshall and CAP for example. Nick counted big time towards our 2013 signing class. Guess what? He is in the NFL! Where is CAP?

Do you understand that the other schools have very good athletes too? I will use Ole Miss again since it was our last game. If star power is suppose to win games then by default we loss before kickoff. How many Auburn players did you see Saturday that you know for a fact gets drafted this year? What round? Now really quickly name 3 Ole Miss players without thinking even why? Most who know football should have spouted off Treadwell, Tunsil, and Robert N in a split second. What round do u see them getting drafted?

#3 Calling for coaches before seasons end. I had to hear "fire bobo" for a thousand years. How is that working for uga now? No matter how much I love a certain coach I know that this is a results based business. I see with my own eyes that currently AU is not showing results. Pulling my hair out... Just don't be the cancer that makes the AU fanbase sound like uga fans lite. Every ga fan that I have seen this week has said "fire richt" to devert the loss off of them as a fan. If they had beat FL it would have been "go dawgs". If you said WDE after the miracle or one second game then be a man or woman and say it about a team that is 4-4.

One more thing about coaching changes. Sometimes it is the only option and right now that is not the case. If you think that coaching change is the best answer then you are quite frankly foolish and delusional.

WAR EAGLE!!! Beat A&M

What a gigantic troll post. Distinguishing the "members of the family" from the "fans" starts out the forum in a divisive tone for one and the premises were not effectively justifying your conclusions. Like the "too many stars on the field" argument didn't even account for the lack of player development. Or the "coaches are making too much money to do this" argument, our defensive coach is making more money than many head coaches in the country. In totality, our staff is a very highly paid staff. And some of our mistakes are unexplainable.

To the "fans",

WAR EAGLE!!! Beat A&M

What a gigantic troll post. Distinguishing the "members of the family" from the "fans" starts out the forum in a divisive tone for one and the premises were not effectively justifying your conclusions. Like the "too many stars on the field" argument didn't even account for the lack of player development. Or the "coaches are making too much money to do this" argument, our defensive coach is making more money than many head coaches in the country. In totality, our staff is a very highly paid staff. And some of our mistakes are unexplainable.

Divisive was definately what I was going for. Premises justifying conclusions??? Its not a mid term paper

If you want to use your energy to disect the smallest of every point to show how horrible everything AU football is then knock yourself out.

But you are correct that our defensive coach is well paid. Nevermind it being his first year. Nevermind what he was handed. He is well paid and we are ENTITLED to expect results now.

The fruits of his labor just shut down GA. Enjoy the next few seasons, please!

To the "fans",

WAR EAGLE!!! Beat A&M

If you want to use your energy to disect the smallest of every point to show how horrible everything AU football is then knock yourself out.

But you are correct that our defensive coach is well paid. Nevermind it being his first year. Nevermind what he was handed. He is well paid and we are ENTITLED to expect results now.

Swing and a miss.

I've found that there is one very, very small silver lining to seasons like this. It helps me know who to put on my ignore list here on AU Family.

I was a little disappointed with 8 minutes left and only a one possession game I saw a lot of AU fans leaving the stadium.

Blame that on the "fans" not on the "members of the Auburn family."

I was a little disappointed with 8 minutes left and only a one possession game I saw a lot of AU fans leaving the stadium.

Oh man, that happened?

Ok jeff lets have a discussion.

Its mid season so we are currently preparing for teams every week.

How many hours do we spend practicing in a week like this one as a team?

How many hours does the defense get with contact?

How much of it is in game situations where you can see if muscle memory and good technique has taken root?

How much group ID time do we have in a week?

How much one on one time?

Well, as fans we thankfully have don't have the authority to make rash decisions on coaching personnel changes. ;)

However, this forum is a place to exchange opinions and occasionally pump a little sunshine or blow off a little steam post game is it not? I'd rather that not change unless it gets too personal.

As a former Bama fan up till my early twenties (made the very personal and gratifying switch to the orange and blue during my years as a student at Auburn more than 20 years ago), and having lived in Atlanta for several years in the 90's, our fan base is nowhere near the level of entitlement or delusion shown by either the Bammers or the Dawgs.

Having said that, you have to acknowledge that we have been on quite a roller coaster over the last 10 years or so. It would be nice to ride on a level track for a while. The hills are killing me. ;)

Hopefully Malzahn and Muschamp can provide that stability.

My two cents anyway.

How much of it is in game situations where you can see if muscle memory and good technique has taken root?

I'm on my phone. Can you get to the point. I would like a good discussion little bit later though.

Well, as fans we thankfully have don't have the authority to make rash decisions on coaching personnel changes. ;)/>

However, this forum is a place to exchange opinions and occasionally pump a little sunshine or blow off a little steam post game is it not? I'd rather that not change unless it gets too personal.

As a former Bama fan up till my early twenties (made the very personal and gratifying switch to the orange and blue during my years as a student at Auburn more than 20 years ago), and having lived in Atlanta for several years in the 90's, our fan base is nowhere near the level of entitlement or delusion shown by either the Bammers or the Dawgs.

Having said that, you have to acknowledge that we have been on quite a roller coaster over the last 10 years or so. It would be nice to ride on a level track for a while. The hills are killing me. ;)/>

Hopefully Malzahn and Muschamp can provide that stability.

My two cents anyway.

Roller coaster is putting it mildly.

I see the three straight 10 win seasons but the hill just keeps getting slippery.

To the "fans",

WAR EAGLE!!! Beat A&M

Divisive was definately what I was going for. Premises justifying conclusions??? Its not a mid term paper

The only thing I really have to disagree with what you said is you spelling the word "definitely" with an a. ;) However, this is just semantics at this point.

All in all, solid post. Can't say I disagree with you on your points.

The same amount of time the rest of the teams in the country get.

The same amount of time the rest of the teams in the country get.

So you expect the same from Byron Cowart as Robert Nkemdiche? Carlton Davis should be on par with Vernon Hargreaves?

The question was to see how much development should be expected. Not saying jeff but most fans think that these young men wake up Monday morning and practice untill 11pm. (fact is most take Monday off)

I wanted to discuss the younger players like Davis, Cowart and others. Are they being "developed"?

We fired the coaches that were payed to develop the seniors on this defense so that chapter has ended and I really can't expect Boom to fix all of the bad habits some of our upperclassmen have in less than a year.

Do you see any improvement with any of our players? At least one?

Gee....my power was off this morning so I missed all of this.....maybe I can get Duke Power to pull the plug again to spare me from this misery.

Gee....my power was off this morning so I missed all of this.....maybe I can get Duke Power to pull the plug again to spare me from this misery.

You need to embrace the horror.

We've pretty much all agreed on these two things:

1) Since multiple great recruiting classes make for great practices, but don't translate to better team on the field, Gus needs to go.

2) But... if Gus is going to stay and his team is going to play like Kentucky, he should get paid like Kentucky.

Did I miss anything?

In 2011 I was very vocal about the dismal defense. In 2012 I was ready to call it quits on Chizik like the team obviously did but saw no need to beat the dead horse. This season has played out much differently. First off we were erroneously ranked too high and I suspected it. JJ was a disappointment. Then injuries ( and losing Duke) have hurt us. In spite of it all we have continued to compete and improve less the LSU game. I am disappointed but I see light at the end of the tunnel. We don't need to fire gus. He will be ok. There is only one saban and he will hopefully retire soon. I still think we can win out.

Archived