My open letter to the Auburn fans of this forum

aubfaninga

There is only one saban and he will hopefully retire soon.

Sadly, with the machine that backs that program, I think any decent coach willing to sell his soul can be just as troublesome.

I love open letters preaching to fans from a fan.

Said no fan ever. WDE.

Pretty sure this is like the 3rd one in two seasons too.

The funny thing to me is that AU fans who say, "We should never have been ranked that high in the first place." then preach how much we should not talk bad about the team, ARE DOING JUST THAT. To say that the team shouldn't have been ranked highly is essentially saying to those players,

"You aren't good enough to be ranked that highly."

I love open letters preaching to fans from a fan.

Said no fan ever. WDE.

He was preaching to the fans, but not the auburn family members. Since they are exclusive and all.

The funny thing to me is that AU fans who say, "We should never have been ranked that high in the first place." then preach how much we should not talk bad about the team, ARE DOING JUST THAT. To say that the team shouldn't have been ranked highly is essentially saying to those players,

no. it depends on how you say it, when you say it ,who you are saying it to. unless they are stalking us on here most have never said anything to "those players". you changed a defensive staff from what might have been the worst defense in the sec and lose 8 starters on offense(that carried us in '14) and rank an 8-5 team #6? How does a reasonably sane human being not think that is a little bit of a reach? i don't recall anyone on this board say anything discouraging about the 2015 tigers before the season but i did say i would be shocked if we turned out that good.. I think at this point they are very aware they are not good enough to be ranked that high. i am not dogging the players or coaches when i say i didn't buy into the preseason expectations and i am encouraged by the improvement from week to week despite some big setbacks. i still feel they can win out.

Man oh man we need a win real bad.

It will take more than a win.....psychosis is a long term event. :cool:

no. it depends on how you say it, when you say it ,who you are saying it to. unless they are stalking us on here most have never said anything to "those players". you changed a defensive staff from what might have been the worst defense in the sec and lose 8 starters on offense(that carried us in '14) and rank an 8-5 team #6? How does a reasonably sane human being not think that is a little bit of a reach? i don't recall anyone on this board say anything discouraging about the 2015 tigers before the season but i did say i would be shocked if we turned out that good.. I think at this point they are very aware they are not good enough to be ranked that high. i am not dogging the players or coaches when i say i didn't buy into the preseason expectations and i am encouraged by the improvement from week to week despite some big setbacks. i still feel they can win out.

Agree.....only the most orange and blue sunshine pumpers bought the Heisman award, BCS championship crap. That NEVER made any sense and could never stand up under evaluation of the players lost from last year and the lack of experience on the 2015 team.

Lots of people questioned that pre-season ranking and it was openly discussed on this board so I don't see how anyone can consider a dose of reality as being an insult to anyone.

Agree.....only the most orange and blue sunshine pumpers bought the Heisman award, BCS championship crap. That NEVER made any sense and could never stand up under evaluation of the players lost from last year and the lack of experience on the 2015 team.

Lots of people questioned that pre-season ranking and it was openly discussed on this board so I don't see how anyone can consider a dose of reality as being an insult to anyone.

In some defense of the sunshine pumpers, however... no one could have predicted Jeremy's melt-down, especially with what we all saw him do last year, or Carl's injury.

In some defense of the sunshine pumpers, however... no one could have predicted Jeremy's melt-down, especially with what we all saw him do last year, or Carl's injury.

Yep. The only people that had any clue about the true capabilities of this team were the staff and players and if you think otherwise you are kidding yourself. If you guessed and were correct then nice shot in the dark, but don't sit there in your lazyboy and act like you are an authority on all things inside the AD.

We all wanted respect, we wanted attention and we wanted the media and pollsters to like us. Well they liked us two years in a row, they ranked us in the preseason at the top of the conference resulting on a national ranking in the top 10 preseason. We got the respect from the national pundits two years in a row and AU failed to live up to the hype two years in a row.

This may be a learning experience for us all.

As soon as TitanTiger sees this it will get locked. Posted a very similar thread but started it out with saying the firing coaches boo birds didn't have any idea. Therefore the thread was deemed questioning fandom although the rest of my lengthy post was x and o related other then the one line. Never understood that here it's why I rarely post.

We all wanted respect, we wanted attention and we wanted the media and pollsters to like us. Well they liked us two years in a row, they ranked us in the preseason at the top of the conference resulting on a national ranking in the top 10 preseason. We got the respect from the national pundits two years in a row and AU failed to live up to the hype two years in a row.

This may be a learning experience for us all.

Youre not speaking for me. Qualify your statement with "some" not "we."

I've found that there is one very, very small silver lining to seasons like this. It helps me know who to put on my ignore list here on AU Family.

LOL

Yes, announcing who you're putting on ignore deserves a LOL x10.

Yep. The only people that had any clue about the true capabilities of this team were the staff and players and if you think otherwise you are kidding yourself. If you guessed and were correct then nice shot in the dark, but don't sit there in your lazyboy and act like you are an authority on all things inside the AD.

Wait a minute....nobody has to be on the field watching practice to know that a team that loses 26 +/- players and has an entirely new backfield is somehow going to be a national power. As for what the players and staff "know"......as it turned out with their first pick as starting QB and the guy who would start as WR and be a #1 draft pick. ... they are not objective observers of the issue IMO and lots of people who follow college sports closely have pretty good ideas about what other schools are doing as opposed those people just guaranteeing that bama would lose at least 5 games this year.

But the real question that was raised above was whether the doubters were insulting the players and coaches....and thus just make no sense at all to me.

I am going to put you on the ignore list = you don't agree with my opinion, So I am going to pout. Very high school girlish to me. I also find it funny that the national media finally gives us respect and we didn't deliver, so now we want to say this bunch isn't talented enough. Literally, every school deals with attrition, talent lapses, etc. The biggest issue for me is the complete 180 the team has taken. No, the coaches shouldn't get fired, but hopefully they have been humbled because I honestly think they bought into the hype as well. Nevertheless, AU might not be a top 10 team, but to not be a top 50 team? With the talent that we do have? That should raise questions. Btw, questions are never bad in an opinion based forum, given by individuals with anonymity. Some people take this stuff way too serious.

Also, the three 5 star players you cited from ole miss? I expect them to go to the pros.

Let's look at ours shall we: Duke (Gone), Adams (Talented), Roc ( Talented, inconsistent)*.

^^^^^^ These guys should've, could've, need to be getting spouted out the same exact way that you are able to spout out ole miss talent.

* I know he is not eligible. This is just for comparison purposes.

I've never understood why people use bad recruiting (as if we've had bad recruiting) as an excuse. Do you know who it would fall on if we had coaches who couldn't recruit?

Btw, I don't even think this is Gus's worst coaching job here. I agree that we are a very young team, which effectively makes last year the bigger underachievement.

I never have put anyone on ignore and I doubt I ever will unless someone sends me a really threatening PM. However; I find it humorous and love it when I can make someone put me on ignore on an anonymous fan message board by something I post about our coaching staff. I know I have won the juvenile fan boy/fan girl message board argument when that happens.

wde

Archived