Georgia at Auburn 11am kickoff

AUinNashTN

He has done more than bill battle without a doubt. Bill battle rode the coattails of Mal Moore until he finally decided to renovate the baseball field. Even then, he got turned down by a basketball coach in Wichita Kansas.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-3 years from now, when the football program is consistently good if not great, the basketball program is second only to Kentucky, if them, in the SEC, and the baseball program plays in the post season annually, I wonder what people will be saying about JJ... I'm sure A4E will still hate him.

2-3 years from now, when the football program is consistently good if not great, the basketball program is second only to Kentucky, if them, in the SEC, and the baseball program plays in the post season annually, I wonder what people will be saying about JJ... I'm sure A4E will still hate him.

haters gonna hate

"UGA will be our 3rd 11 am home SEC game since start of 2013. 10 teams in conference have had more 11 am kickoffs during that span. Just FYI." -@jayjacobsauad

Guess Jay's email box is pretty full...

not surprised....lots of people in the AU fan base spout off with little knowledge and no facts to support their arguments.

Would hot have JJ's job for anything....probably one of the worst AD jobs in the country these days. AU get in the BCS a couple times under his watch and now everyone DEMANDS that it happen that way every year....almost makes bammers look rational by comparison. JMO

I'm not sure who that was aimed at but the original point of this post was looking at the comparison to to other games on the same day. I don't care about other schools having more during a several year time period. I also know that these time slots largely have nothing to do with JJ. He can lobby all he wants but that doesn't mean anyone is listening. My point is that I think it's a poor placement compared to other conference games on the same day.

"UGA will be our 3rd 11 am home SEC game since start of 2013. 10 teams in conference have had more 11 am kickoffs during that span. Just FYI." -@jayjacobsauad

Guess Jay's email box is pretty full...

not surprised....lots of people in the AU fan base spout off with little knowledge and no facts to support their arguments.

Would hot have JJ's job for anything....probably one of the worst AD jobs in the country these days. AU get in the BCS a couple times under his watch and now everyone DEMANDS that it happen that way every year....almost makes bammers look rational by comparison. JMO

I'm not sure who that was aimed at but the original point of this post was looking at the comparison to to other games on the same day. I don't care about other schools having more during a several year time period. I also know that these time slots largely have nothing to do with JJ. He can lobby all he wants but that doesn't mean anyone is listening. My point is that I think it's a poor placement compared to other conference games on the same day.

Definitely poor placement for AU but a stroke of luck that a nationally popular school like AU is available for the network that makes the selection....and gets AU instead of Vandy or Missouri or MSU for that early game.

AU has no control over when it plays its games.....which IMO is sh**** but that's the unholy deal the SEC made with ESPN and CBS.

AU has no control over when it plays its games.....which IMO is sh**** but that's the unholy deal the SEC made with ESPN and CBS.

Well, we can control when we play, it will just cost tens of thousands in revenue, per team, for every game we want to control.

Of course he will. He knows nothing of what it takes to run an athletic department. Success on the field, in the class room, facilities, improving game day experiences, etc... none of it matters to a4e. He just has this unfounded hatred for jacobs and its impossible for him to be objective in anything related to Jacobs. Jacobs is a terrific AD and has handled things extremely well over the years. There isn't an AD anywhere in the country that I would trade him for.

JJ is the worst AD we've ever had and he's in the top 5 as being one of the worst AD's in the country.

Just curious who you consider the top 5 ADs in the country among the Power 5 schools?

JMO but I bet most AU fans could not even name 5 ADs anywhere in the US....good, bad or otherwise.

And without doing research, who were the 3 ADs who preceded JJ? I know / knew one of them personally many years ago and he sure was no genius.

I can name past AU ADs but have never cared enough to name other schools.

I also don't invest much time in other conferences outside of football. I have gave notice to A&M with their facilities and how they seem to be competitive in all of their sports. Still dont know his or her name but I will Google it so I can learn something new today.

JJ is the worst AD we've ever had and he's in the top 5 as being one of the worst AD's in the country.

Just curious who you consider the top 5 ADs in the country among the Power 5 schools?

JMO but I bet most AU fans could not even name 5 ADs anywhere in the US....good, bad or otherwise.

And without doing research, who were the 3 ADs who preceded JJ? I know / knew one of them personally many years ago and he sure was no genius.

I can name past AU ADs but have never cared enough to name other schools.

I also don't invest much time in other conferences outside of football. I have gave notice to A&M with their facilities and how they seem to be competitive in all of their sports. Still dont know his or her name but I will Google it so I can learn something new today.

Gotta miss the good old days when Pat Dye was the AD...that's when things were rocking ..of course he let his football players play baseball too.

So, what's gonna happen differently at 1100?

The fan base turned out for the OM game and gave our boys a heck of a home field advantage.

This is GEORGIA!

I betting that we can do this again. Early games kind of like Yell practice at aTm.

Next year, when we have all prehydrated adequately for the non 1100 game, we're really gonna have a home field advantage.

This year is the perspective year.

Next year we'll all appreciate the success a lot more.

(How's that for unicorn farts and chasing rainbows?)

After LSU we ran the table in 2013, so, naturally, stronger teams that are shooting up the national rankings get the TV priority picks. And last year, we were in the first playoff final four poll that was released, so, again, priority picked. You can't blame the SECN for putting us on at 11 am for the likes of "weaker" non-conference opponents. I guess the rub is the conference match-ups banished to the Isle of 11.

In the above quote, Jay is comparing AU HOME 11 am starts to other SEC teams' TOTAL 11 am starts. Factoring in total 11 am starts, AU has a couple more (Arky this yr, TN 2013) in the same time frame. Also, the four total 11 am starts just in this year are a little annoying, but whatever. Play better football, get a better slot.

Interesting comments from the Notre Dame Assoc HC today on Sirius XM when talking about their early game on Saturday against Pitt.....basically he said: the coaches love the early games...no waiting around, killing time all day...just get up and have breakfast and then off to work.

I found that refreshing .....not putting out the same kind of lame excuses I see about AU not being able to play well in the early games.

Interesting comments from the Notre Dame Assoc HC today on Sirius XM when talking about their early game on Saturday against Pitt.....basically he said: the coaches love the early games...no waiting around, killing time all day...just get up and have breakfast and then off to work.

I found that refreshing .....not putting out the same kind of lame excuses I see about AU not being able to play well in the early games.

yes, some saturdays i get up (at 4:45) have breakfast on my way to work, then get off at 2:45, grab a 12 pack and some steaks, grill and eat during the 2nd half of the 2:30 game. then watch Auburn at 6:45 with a good buzz on. 11AM screws that all up. I watched the arkansas game on my 4.7" phone, ate up a tone of data and lucky i didn't get fired. i am glad we usually get the late games! the fact we usually play bad don't help either but it is more enjoyable late. if i am going to the game i prefer 2:30. i could see where the coaches and players would like the early start though.

Archived