JT Barrett Loses Scholarship For One Semester

Mike4AU

An excuse for Urban to justify his all of a one game suspension!

Glad I am not the only one who thought that.

Can't believe Saban didn't think of it first.

Did anyone stop to think that this equivalent to a $20,000 fine....that's a very BIG deal in my opinion, Far more than any AU player has ever suffered for something similar. An argument can be made that he punished the player and not the team.....I'm OK with that.

Do student athletes even take classes in the summer???

Most spend the summer at AU....working out and trying to maintain their eligibility....which is why a number of AU players routinely graduate in 3 years or so.

Did anyone stop to think that this equivalent to a $20,000 fine....that's a very BIG deal in my opinion, Far more than any AU player has ever suffered for something similar. An argument can be made that he punished the player and not the team.....I'm OK with that.

An argument can also be made that after urban whiner took flack and criticism for the whopping one game suspension so only after that (and not initially) the summer scholie was pulled. Not spring or fall but the summer. Also note whiner stated: He would have to earn it back. Really urban? So why only one semester then? I mean if he has to earn it back and all why isn't the scholarship pulled immediately and he then starts working to earn it back. In other words: he has lost nothing and will earn the summer back before the summer ever gets here.

As to your comments about AU never doing this. Yes, Duke gets kicked of the team completely for fighting/punching, misses a bowl game for fighting. urbans's OSU player driving while intoxicated and he misses one game. Give me a break!

Two days after Ohio State starting quarterback J.T. Barrett was suspended for a game for an OVI citation, Urban Meyer announced that Barrett had also "forfeited a scholarship for a term. But he can earn it back."

This will apparently apply to Barrett's discretionary "summer" semester. The summer semester is a bit different in that it's not part of the normal school year, but players who stay for the summer get classes paid for and stipends for rent.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/2/9658684/ohio-state-jt-barrett-scholarship-impaired-driving

not to get into a p***** contest but AU is pretty generous with off field problems....what did NM miss? 1/2 a ball game or something? and as for earning the scholly back.....that's not a bad plan....after all we had Duke earn back his starting position and it took him an entire week. Just suggesting that we live in a glass house....... and best not to throw stones....

not to get into a p***** contest but AU is pretty generous with off field problems....what did NM miss? 1/2 a ball game or something? and as for earning the scholly back.....that's not a bad plan....after all we had Duke earn back his starting position and it took him an entire week. Just suggesting that we live in a glass house....... and best not to throw stones....

I re-read what I wrote and didn't mean to sound that harsh. My bad.

Duke missed the Bowl Game (last year) kicked of the team this year.

Archived