Recruiting is Starting to Look Up

AuburnNTexas

Holland has played in every game this season. Personal opinion, for a true freshman OLB, he's been really good. He's an aggressive guy. Heir apparent to Cass McKinzy's version of the Buck position (the pass-rushing LB; not to be confused with the Lawson Buck, which is really just a movable rusher with an occasional drop into space).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Holland has done exactly what anyone would expect for him. He's shown glimpses of greatness while getting through the learning curve.

I just want us to sign some elite athletes at d line. That's what even makes the SEC tougher, that one thing elite athletes at d line. If we don't have that we may as well be Iowa or Nebraska

I just want us to sign some elite athletes at d line. That's what even makes the SEC tougher, that one thing elite athletes at d line. If we don't have that we may as well be Iowa or Nebraska

And while we are at it, a couple for the O-Line, too.

Well I'm happy with most of them, I'm hoping kozan can get back right. Apparently Horton is really turning heads...hoping some of those young guys are good

I agree with cole, that is the difference from the SEC and the wanna-be's. the speed at DL

I agree with cole, that is the difference from the SEC and the wanna-be's. the speed at DL

Speed AND strength. Part of our current problem is that we recruited just for speed for several years and now we're getting pushed around. Arkansas pushed our whole line 3 yards back before their running backs even got there.

What speed? We haven't recruited anybody besides Carl on the d line that has great speed. It's the reason we can't get a pass rush. But yes I imagine we need to be stronger as well though

What speed? We haven't recruited anybody besides Carl on the d line that has great speed. It's the reason we can't get a pass rush. But yes I imagine we need to be stronger as well though

Agreed. I don't see a bunch of undersized speedsters on the DL.

Hopefully we got the total package in Wanogho, though. I think his entire recruitment was based on his physical attributes.

I didn't say that we got the speed we were recruiting for, but that was the stated goal.

Archived