6-6

auburn4ever

How sad is it for me to have say this?

6-6 at this point in time, is going to be an uphill battle.

It feels bad having to type this, it really, truly does! :angry:

I plan on being in either Nashville or Charlotte after Auburn beats Tamu 34-24, UGA 31-15, Idaho 45-10. 7-5 heading toward a mid level bowl to finish 8-5

If Auburn wins the next three, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Bama go down, as well. It would mean building momentum and helping the players get their heads right...and if THAT happens, there's not a team in the country that would want to play us, least of all Bama. Nothing to lose, playing for pride, and PLENTY of talent to keep up, it would be a matchup of Saban vs Malzahn...and I like Gus's chances in such a situation, particularly at home.

You'd think so, but I said the last thing last year

I don't think we've shown anything to suggest we can beat bammer

Ole Miss beat them. Granted, they gave Ole Miss a lot of help in beating them. Gus has shown an ability to find a way to poke holes in their defense, and I'll continue to have faith in that until given good reason to think otherwise. Football can be wacky, and the Iron Bowl particularly so. They might play another Ole Miss game and help us beat them. Of course, we might play another Mississippi State game and get FG's instead of TD's, or another LSU game where we just get run all over and they blow us out. If it's not a blowout, I like our chances.

I agree with you 100%. But, if there is one thing I've learned from watching sports is that any team can beat any team on a given day and throw records out the window when it comes to rivalry games. Sean White is growing, Jovon Robinson has been found, Carl Lawson is healed, anything is possible. I think we take 2 of 3 from Uga, tamu, bama and get in a decent bowl all things considered.

Something in Florida would be nice but unlikely, anything out of state in lieu of Florida then. I will have withdrawal symptoms, if we don't have a bowl game. Got to see Auburn on TV!! Gonna celebrate if we are bowl eligible. :bananadance:

Realistically - Looking like 5-7 with s crippled QB, or 6-6 with improved health at that position. aTm at their place is a tough win (remember we did it before with a much better team in a squeaker) and UGA will be playing for their coaches job so anything beyond 5 wins will be a very tall order.

Every team on our schedule is both a potential win and loss. A&M has a pass rush and little else, Georgia is playing like they might lose to Vandy, and Alabama has not looked remotely dominant this year. On the same note A&M is likely to put up 1,000 yards, Georgia is our Achille's heel even when we are good, and Alabama is a more well rounded team.

It would be very embarrassing to get invited to a bowl game for having 5 wins. Even 6 wins, imo.

I wish teams had to have at least 8 wins to go to a bowl game. There are too many bowl games and I am tired of the wimpy "every kid gets a trophy" culture.

It would be very embarrassing to get invited to a bowl game for having 5 wins. Even 6 wins, imo.

I wish teams had to have at least 8 wins to go to a bowl game. There are too many bowl games and I am tired of the wimpy "every kid gets a trophy" culture.

I hear you, but the real benefit is the extra practice a bowl game allows, not to mention playing the game itself.

How 'bout aTm, at night, in their house, in front of +100,000 of their fans?

Every team on our schedule is both a potential win and loss. A&M has a pass rush and little else, Georgia is playing like they might lose to Vandy, and Alabama has not looked remotely dominant this year. On the same note A&M is likely to put up 1,000 yards, Georgia is our Achille's heel even when we are good, and Alabama is a more well rounded team.

That defense will eat us alive - that offense is meh with the exception of that crazy good WR Ridley who may torch us a couple of times.

Many times people take you beat one team so you can beat another team....But that's not really accurate. The game is really about match ups, and we can run but stopping the run is bammers strength. We have an ok passing game but imo it takes more of a risk taking passing game to beat them but we don't have that either. Lastly redzone defense is one of their strengths as well and we have become stagnant if we can't simply run it in. Now hopefully we can get better next few weeks but as of right now our strengths play into theirs as opposed to exploiting their weakness imo

In terms of most winnable:

UGA - Pathetic offense at the moment. Team seems to be in disarray. If we can't win this then we are truly horrible.

Texas A&M - It comes to ball control and causing turnovers. They have a young qb, so hopefully we put a lot of pressure on him. Still, we better learn how to contain the edge or it will be a long day.

Alabama - Rivalry effect and Power of Prayer.

I hope a&m throws 3 pick sixs like they did against bama. That or UGA keeps on Ricthing (my term for underachieving) to the end of the year. that gets us 6 wins.I think we go to either indy bowl, gator bowl, or b'ham bowl.

I'd almost feel better about playing Bama at their place this season. They have stomped mud holes in their two big games (UGA, Tamu) and struggle at home(ole miss, ark). If Bama plays auburn like they did Arkansas then Auburn could out score them. If they play like they did against UGA then watch out.

If we beat uat this year, I will jog through loserville in orange and blue body paint....(Now there's a visual)...

If we beat uat this year, I will jog through loserville in orange and blue body paint....(Now there's a visual)...

I've never been so glad to no know what someone on here looked like.......

I wonder if it's gonna rain Saturday night. If so, which team does that help more?

Hurt more, not help more. Rain doesn't help any team. It hurts Auburn in that we haven't been consistent in running and with our receivers hands we will probably struggle if it is raining hard.

I had a realization today. We'really not far off from being a good team. Mississippi State was close, Arkansas was over time (they're currently bearing Ole Miss and played Bama well), Ole Miss was some caught passes away. LSU was a straight up loss. So really we'really some luck and a drive or two away from being a one loss team. I know that's some sever sunshine pumping but we haven't really been blown out this year with the exception of LSU. I think that's promising when you consider the majority of our important talent will be returning next season.

Archived