Jovon Robinson has got his mind right

mad4au

He looked great in the game. As an armchair QB I wanted him to get the ball more throughout the game especially in the red zone.

I think he will do great the rest of the year if he earns carries.

We really need to get that 1000 yards from Peyton...

If for no other reason than he deserves it. The sad thing is, the style of runner he is makes any injury an issue, because he takes a pounding on every run. We're very fortunate that Jovon is ready to take up the slack.

If for no other reason than he deserves it. The sad thing is, the style of runner he is makes any injury an issue, because he takes a pounding on every run. We're very fortunate that Jovon is ready to take up the slack.

Yep Barber has run hard this year and has totally committed himself to getting the yards needed regardless of the punishment he has absorbed doing it. He deserves carries in any game that he is healthy enough to play in IMO. JR looks great though in what we have seen so far. That would be a formidable duo for the rest of the season along with Roc in there on passing downs at times. They all have shown some great moves this year.

Yep Barber has run hard this year and has totally committed himself to getting the yards needed regardless of the punishment he has absorbed doing it. He deserves carries in any game that he is healthy enough to play in IMO. JR looks great though in what we have seen so far. That would be a formidable duo for the rest of the season along with Roc in there on passing downs at times. They all have shown some great moves this year.

There you go... let's put them both in and they can take turns being each other's fullback. The other teams defense won't know what hit them as they try to figure out which one has the ball while getting hit in the mouth.

I think Robinson showed there's no reason for Peyton to ever have to run so much in one game that he's to sore to practice the entire next week

I think Robinson showed there's no reason for Peyton to ever have to run so much in one game that he's to sore to practice the entire next week

correct

correct

yes

He does deserve it and we have a streak on the line as far as 1000 yard rushers. Stats are meaningless but they are still fun to talk about.

He does deserve it and we have a streak on the line as far as 1000 yard rushers. Stats are meaningless but they are still fun to talk about.

where does he stand now

where does he stand now

787 according to ESPN. It depends on if he bounces back from injury this week though.

Yes i think he will.

He needs to be healthy.....JMO But all those carries in the Arky game took a big toll on him....less play last week should leave him fresh for the TAMU game.....

Great post. I'd add Kerryon to the mix, but I've been impressed with all of the backs.

Great post. I'd add Kerryon to the mix, but I've been impressed with all of the backs.

Thanks, I had forgotten about KJ. He has been great too. Amazing to think that we have all these guys that have been impact players carrying the ball at different times. Getting as many of them on the field as possible at the same time cant be a bad thing. From what I have read they have all bought in to doing whats best for the team too. That is a rare thing when every one of them was probably "the man" before coming here.

A well known and huge part of JR's arsenal that we haven't seen much of yet is his pass catching ability out of the backfield. The man has WR hands. Wait for it...

A well known and huge part of JR's arsenal that we haven't seen much of yet is his pass catching ability out of the backfield. The man has WR hands. Wait for it...

I went back and watched JRs highlight tape from Prep/Juco and he has it all. I especially liked his ability to be patient and find the hole in the Ole Miss game. There were a few runs where I started to think to myself RUN MAN YOU ARE WAITING TOO LONG! only to have him take off and get 10 plus. He has the vision to see a hole about to open and hit it. The runs he didnt get yards on were up the middle when everyone knew that's where he was going and the ends and DBs were in the backfield as soon as the ball snapped.

I went back and watched JRs highlight tape from Prep/Juco and he has it all. I especially liked his ability to be patient and find the hole in the Ole Miss game. There were a few runs where I started to think to myself RUN MAN YOU ARE WAITING TOO LONG! only to have him take off and get 10 plus. He has the vision to see a hole about to open and hit it. The runs he didnt get yards on were up the middle when everyone knew that's where he was going and the ends and DBs were in the backfield as soon as the ball snapped.

You said it: VISION. It is one of the most critical elements for a running back to have, and is (IMO) by far the primary reason Emmitt Smith is an NFL Hall of Famer. Offhand, I can think of several backs more athletically gifted than him, but he truly had a penchant for knowing how to read his blocking.

I didn't expect him to be this heavy. I guess because his tape he looked so fast.

He's not any slower than he looked on his tape. He's just a freakin' monster of the gridiron...

I didn't expect him to be this heavy. I guess because his tape he looked so fast.

He's not any slower than he looked on his tape. He's just a freakin' monster of the gridiron...

yea, I haven't seen enough to judge his speed but I liked what I did see.

One thing is for sure, we have been spoiled or blessed with running backs in recent years.

Ronnie/Caddilac/Rudy/Irons/Dyer/Tate/Mason/CAP/Jacobs/McCalebb/Peyton/Kerryon/Roc/Jovon and so many others have all been a pleasure to watch in their own ways.

Archived