Phillip Marshall believes Montravius Adams and Carl Lawson return next year

thaitopher

I hope he is right . I just think it is too early to tell. I don't think they know for sure themselves.

/thread

I would say easily more than half your posts make no sense whatsoever. Must be drinking too many pale ales again.

Not like I know anything but Lawson strikes me as the kinda of person who after a season and a half of sitting on the sideline would want to prove himself. Heck, maybe he loves Auburn that much, lol.

I hope he is right . I just think it is too early to tell. I don't think they know for sure themselves.

/thread

I would say easily more than half your posts make no sense whatsoever. Must be drinking too many pale ales again.

"/thread" means "thread over, concluded, no use saying any more, etc"

/thread

Using the forward slash ("/") in that manner is a way to suggest that the end point of whatever immediately follows the slash has been reached. You will often see somebody go on a long diatribe about something and then follow it with "/rant". This would mean that the person has reached the end of their rant. In the case of my response to alexeva, I used it as a tongue-in-cheek way to express a sincere compliment to his comment. "/thread" suggests that there is nothing left to be said in the thread, as whatever precedes it contains all that there is to say on the subject.

You're right, though. I do often post things that are somewhat esoteric. They usually have a target audience that "get it". I'm guessing that at least a few folks got what you responded to. But you didn't, and that's cool. Oh, and I'm definitely not drinking right now.

/thread

Using the forward slash ("/") in that manner is a way to suggest that the end point of whatever immediately follows the slash has been reached. You will often see somebody go on a long diatribe about something and then follow it with "/rant". This would mean that the person has reached the end of their rant. In the case of my response to alexeva, I used it as a tongue-in-cheek way to express a sincere compliment to his comment. "/thread" suggests that there is nothing left to be said in the thread, as whatever precedes it contains all that there is to say on the subject.

You're right, though. I do often post things that are somewhat esoteric. They usually have a target audience that "get it". I'm guessing that at least a few folks got what you responded to. But you didn't, and that's cool. Oh, and I'm definitely not drinking right now.

Gotcha! I guess I don't frequent this site enough to know all the insider symbols and statements.

/thread

Gotcha! I guess I don't frequent this site enough to know all the insider symbols and statements.

It's pretty much on every message board on the internets.

If you want to get even geekier, it's actually derived from HTML code. Whenever you write code for a site, you open the formatting by typing the formatting command and the complete the formatting by typing the command with a / in front of it. This site uses that formatting for the quotes. Note how, when you quote someone it uses [ quote ] and [ /quote ] to denote the beginning and end of a quote.

Ok... that's enough geekery for a football forum.

If you want to get even geekier, it's actually derived from HTML code. Whenever you write code for a site, you open the formatting by typing the formatting command and the complete the formatting by typing the command with a / in front of it. This site uses that formatting for the quotes. Note how, when you quote someone it uses [ quote ] and [ /quote ] to denote the beginning and end of a quote.

Ok... that's enough geekery for a football forum.

Makes sense. I have zero ability to decipher HTML code. :/ See I can't even type in a correct emoji. :/ :/ :/

Every podcast Phillip sounds like he hates Ryan Black. He talks over him and is just a DB to Ryan. Its very hard to listen to him sometimes

Meh, hard for me to take anything Phillip Marshall says seriously anymore.

3553904.gif

I was under the impression that people on this site generally believe PM gives out good info.

I was under the impression that people on this site generally believe PM gives out good info.

PM is generally kind to Auburn, which gets him a modicum of respect, but he's still a talking head who is expected to generate clicks by his superiors. When he claims something that no one could really know, its safe to take it with a grain of salt.

Meh, hard for me to take anything Phillip Marshall says seriously anymore.

3553904.gif

Over the past couple years more and more people have been taking what he has to say with a grain of salt. A lot of people believe he says things in order to generate clicks to 247.

Edit: Lionheart beat me to the punch.

/thread

Ha, you took that rather well, all grown up and mature. I'd have probably had to remark something about foot and mouth. :)

/thread

Ha, you took that rather well, all grown up and mature. I'd have probably had to remark something about foot and mouth. :)/>

No ill-will was intended. McLoofus and I go waaaay back...to like this summer. :)

i just want them to do what is best for them....i don't want them to come back, get hurt and lose an NFL career......i have doubts that adams will make much of a splash as a player in the NFL....lawson, if healthy, will or should, be an elite pass rusher

Archived