Sean White and his arm

aubfaninga

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's kind of funny of people always call for a thread to be locked...I mean if you don't see that there's anything meaningful going on just hit the back button. No need to call for the mods. They'll lock it when they lock it. *shrug*

You're talking SW and the op asked a question about his arm....what else to do but lock it. He called for another one to be locked as well lol

I think we should use JJ and select the four verticals route, then hike the ball, scramble to left, and throw it 80 yards down field. We either complete it, drop it, or its intercepted aka the same as a punt. ( I did usually lose the game when I did that, as a kid on NCAA)

This is getting old as hell continually dogging these kids out. JJ has immense upside and arm talent, but can't get his marbles right. SW is a redshirt Frosh with huge upside as well. He's very smart and sound with plenty of arm to make the offense go and succeed. Gus doesn't need a DT QB to be successful, but they need to figure something out in the red zone...period. The offense is moving the ball fine just not finishing. There really is nothing more to it, simply put. I'm still beyond baffled as to what happen to JJ though.

This makes me a little worried about SW's injury being worse than we know. All the coach-speak about injuries lately have jaded me somewhat because so many turn out to be worse than originally thought!!! Is JF3 our safety net if SW can't go in the spring?

He. Has. Elite. Speed. There is no need for elaborate theories as to why we would accept the commitment of a guy who runs a sub 4.4 40.

Yep, he got the offer because of his great speed and athleticism. That is something every SEC team can use, somewhere.

Well, the obvious questions then are A) Did we offer the starter at JF3's team? and B)What are Sean bench press numbers? Seems like everything else has been answered in this pissing contest. :)

Okay, I'd like to point something out that I'm not sure anyone else has explicitly made the connection regarding...no quote that has been attributed to JF3 suggests that he has been told he will play quarterback in an actual game. What it says is that he will be COMING IN strictly as a QB--which sounds to me like he'll play QB exclusively during the spring (unlike Jason Smith, btw)--and then be evaluated as a quarterback vs. as a receiver/Wildcat QB.

Then it says that he has a skill set that no one else on the team does. That doesn't take anything away from anyone on the team, nor does it necessarily mean that he is guaranteed a defined role on the team. What it means is that he has a combination of tools that, so long as he believes in work (hard work), will enable him to contribute to the team in some capacity, no matter what.

Personally, the prospect of being allowed to get a full shot at my preferred position (if only to see for myself if I can hang with the other guys at that position), but also be assured of the opportunity to contribute whether it is at that particular position or not just as long as I work hard...well, that would go a LONG way toward making me feel comfortable with a place.

Sean White, if properly developed and backed, will be one of the best to come out of Auburn. He has the potential to be the best we have ever had. We need to get behind this kid. He is special. He is just going to get better and better.

Sean White, if properly developed and backed, will be one of the best to come out of Auburn. He has the potential to be the best we have ever had. We need to get behind this kid. He is special. He is just going to get better and better.

With a bit of change to the 'gameplan' he's starting to develop. Just read his 250+ passing for three consecutive games is 1st since 1977.

We still talking about his arm.? Am I the only one out here is worried about his knee ?

Don't think I've seen a comment from any of our medical experts who usually comment on the injury situation.

We still talking about his arm.? Am I the only one out here is worried about his knee ?

Don't think I've seen a comment from any of our medical experts who usually comment on the injury situation.

Does the fact that Dr. Andrews said that the game against Ole Miss didn't make it any worse make you feel better? It's obviously not so bad that he can't play. He just needs to adjust his mechanics to account for not being able to plant on that leg... I think one way or another, he'll look better this week.

Does the fact that Dr. Andrews said that the game against Ole Miss didn't make it any worse make you feel better? It's obviously not so bad that he can't play. He just needs to adjust his mechanics to account for not being able to plant on that leg... I think one way or another, he'll look better this week.

"Did not make it worse".....I did see that but never saw an indication that it might be better in the weeks to come.....so I guess SW running with the ball is a desperation move....which also means that when a proper time for a QB run arises in the game, we sneak Kerryon or JJ into the game and hope nobody on the defense notices.

Gimpy leg or not, seems that SW is still our best QB selection...which is a real shame.

"Did not make it worse".....I did see that but never saw an indication that it might be better in the weeks to come.....so I guess SW running with the ball is a desperation move....which also means that when a proper time for a QB run arises in the game, we sneak Kerryon or JJ into the game and hope nobody on the defense notices.

Gimpy leg or not, seems that SW is still our best QB selection...which is a real shame.

The real shame seems to be the falling back on parts of the game which won't work, don't work, or show exactly what's up. I've been hoping for a couple new plays that might do, instead of plugging JJ in as a pinch hitter, when a good base runner is all that's required.

Archived