Report: Former Florida State QB transferring to Auburn

Auburn06

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-former-florida-state-qb-transferring-auburn/

John Franklin, a dual-threat JUCO quarterback who played at Florida State last season, will reportedly transfer to Auburn for 2016.

Franklin has spent this season at East Mississippi Community College, one of the top JUCO programs in the country. While he’s received mostly second-team snaps, Franklin’s production has been immense — 43 carries, 451 yards, 9 TD; 733 yards passing, 7 2 TD.

ESPN’s Joe Schad reported the move on Wednesday, saying that Franklin’s transfer should be official soon.

Franklin will be eligible to play immediately at Auburn. He’s expected to compete with returning quarterbacks Sean White and Jeremy Johnson for the job.

Franklin signed with Florida State over Tennessee in 2013 out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

We decided to recruit him as an athlete. If he can help at QB next year, that would be great, but if SW plays well then they can use his as a WR. Supposedly he has blazing speed.

This blurb doesn't make me confident that he will play QB for AU

At this point I think the coaches see him as a WR. Just my opinion.

Not just your opinion. It's everybody's opinion. Maybe DB. Probably not QB.

If he's the best QB on the roster he should play QB. If not, we have a guy who looks like he can be a very impressive QB by the time his eligibility is up and we can always use a guy with 4.38 speed (as I've seen reported on him) on the outside.

This blurb doesn't make me confident that he will play QB for AU

At this point I think the coaches see him as a WR. Just my opinion.

Not just your opinion. It's everybody's opinion. Maybe DB. Probably not QB.

We could certainly use a good player at wr. If he can make that work that would be cool.

What was his reason for leaving FSU?

Because he heard that leaving a super successful program, going juco for a bit and then transferring to Auburn tends to land guys in national championship games?

Because he heard that leaving a super successful program, going juco for a bit and then transferring to Auburn tends to land guys in national championship games?

:clap:

I'll take it!

On a serious note, how much of this is the staff not believing in SW vs how much of it is "we need some more QBs on the roster and this might fill one of those spots"? I guess we won't know until next year lol

I'll take it!

On a serious note, how much of this is the staff not believing in SW vs how much of it is "we need some more QBs on the roster and this might fill one of those spots"? I guess we won't know until next year lol

His chances of playing quarterback are the same as Jason Smith's were. Barrett is a bigger threat to White than Franklin is.

I'll take it!

His chances of playing quarterback are the same as Jason Smith's were. Barrett is a bigger threat to White than Franklin is.

Ah true, gotcha. Is Woody going to be an EE or will he make it to campus in the fall? I think that will be a big factor into how much he pushes White for the starting job.

Is Woody going to be an EE or will he make it to campus in the fall? I think that will be a big factor into how much he pushes White for the starting job.

To the first part, good question To the second, I agree.

FTW

Yay, another converted wide receiver!!! Why recruit true Wide Receivers when you have the guys who can develop all athletes into wide receivers...

Archived