UAB signing former big name recruits

Maverick.AU

Former 5 star LB and LSU commit: Clifton Garrett

Former 4 star RB and ND commit: Greg Bryant

Former 4 star DT and LSU commit: Maquedius Bain

Former 3 star DT and Mich St. commit: Noah Jones

Former 3 star CB and UGA commit: Shaquille Jones.

Oh Hell... Yeah

If they're in the same educational system as the branch in Tuscaloosa and have an enrollment of 17,999 (2012) verus the 34,852 (2013) in T'town..... one would thikn they should be able to buy at least half the quality of team .... shouldn't they ?

Has UAB finally formed their own version of the REC?? There's likely plenty of rich doctors donating....

Bryant did say "strictly a business decision" when he announced his commitment... hmmmmm...

If you believe 247, Garrett picked UAB over us and Florida State.

If he looked at our recruiting board, he saw that he wasn't in our top 5 targets, and was at the bottom of our next 5. I'm guessing he realized he would have a chance to play immediately and make an impact at UAB over us or FSU.

I'm very proud of how hard Coach Clark is working to repair the damage. He will have a great team put together and they will be ready to play. These kids made a good decision to head to UAB. GO BLAZERS!

And as always....WDE!

Good for UAB and good for these guys. Just gotta remember that this is a program coming back from the death penalty (as imposed by UAT). It's gonna be a long road back.

If he looked at our recruiting board, he saw that he wasn't in our top 5 targets, and was at the bottom of our next 5. I'm guessing he realized he would have a chance to play immediately and make an impact at UAB over us or FSU.

Our recruiting board is very confidential. There is no way Garrett or any other person not employed by the football program knows what's on that board. Now, the various websites may have their own guesses at what's on that board but they do not know anything.

Our recruiting board is very confidential. There is no way Garrett or any other person not employed by the football program knows what's on that board. Now, the various websites may have their own guesses at what's on that board but they do not know anything.

The recruiting board here, which is obviously what I was talking about, is quite open.

Breaking News: UA Board of Trustees have agreed to support a new Athletic Complex on the UAB Campus. No official vote has been taken yet but will be expected to pass. Great for UAB!!!

Breaking News: UA Board of Trustees have agreed to support a new Athletic Complex on the UAB Campus. No official vote has been taken yet but will be expected to pass. Great for UAB!!!

Great for UAB, but the change of heart makes me nervous. Makes me wonder if the bama boosters/board have figured out a way to use UAB to their advantage. Maybe I just need to adjust my tinfoil...

Great for UAB, but the change of heart makes me nervous. Makes me wonder if the bama boosters/board have figured out a way to use UAB to their advantage. Maybe I just need to adjust my tinfoil...

Nah, leave the tinfoil. There has to be a but or caveat somewhere.

UAB has a very good staff. They were up and coming when UAT derailed them. I have a friend that is the Def. Corr. there and I can assure you if the Board of Trustees leaves them alone they will do great things. They have been made a lot of behind the scenes promises. Looks like one of the promises just came through.

Archived