Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake - 2015 CMA Awards

RunInRed

TT, are you still in the music business?

What is called country music today is not country music. It is good to see people like Chris bringing real country back to it's roots. There are a few others trying to bring country back but most "country" artist are doing the pop country. Actually some of the pop country artists are not country at all.

Am I the TT you're asking? If so, no I'm not in the music industry anymore. But I agree, I love the stuff Chris Stapleton, Jamey Johnson, Sturgill Simpson and others are doing. I don't hate every pop country song I hear, but a little of it goes a long way.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like many different types of music. Even the new country. My favorites are old rock. The Eagles never recorded a bad song, love harmony. Don't get much of that type new today. I watched two documentaries lately, The Eagles, of course was great, but "Muscle Shoals" was too. Both on Netflix.

TT, are you still in the music business?

What is called country music today is not country music. It is good to see people like Chris bringing real country back to it's roots. There are a few others trying to bring country back but most "country" artist are doing the pop country. Actually some of the pop country artists are not country at all.

Am I the TT you're asking? If so, no I'm not in the music industry anymore. But I agree, I love the stuff Chris Stapleton, Jamey Johnson, Sturgill Simpson and others are doing. I don't hate every pop country song I hear, but a little of it goes a long way.

No, not you. Telling Tiger.

One of my favorites...

Dang. We need to start a music page. Good stuff.

Agreed!

Johnny A for those new to him. Simply amazing guitarist.

The man is really good, if you check out his vids on youtube, make sure you listen to a few when he is working an electric guitar. He can rip like mad on some very bluesy sounding licks...extraordinarily talented, also plays piano. Very old soul, wise WAY beyond his years. Same hometown in Oklahoma as Woody Guthrie. Something in the water...lol.

Video in the OP kind of reminds me of a Gov't Mule/Chris Robinson cross over.

Love Govt Mule and the Crowes. Saw Warren and the guys up close at a small venue in Bham a few years back. Really good.

Also fortunate to go backstage and sidestage for the Crowes at City Stages in Bham some time ago. Quite a treat. Also saw them at the Alabama Theatre and a smaller venue in Biloxi.

Video in the OP kind of reminds me of a Gov't Mule/Chris Robinson cross over.

Love Govt Mule and the Crowes. Saw Warren and the guys up close at a small venue in Bham a few years back. Really good.

Also fortunate to go backstage and sidestage for the Crowes at City Stages in Bham some time ago. Quite a treat. Also saw them at the Alabama Theatre and a smaller venue in Biloxi.

I've seen Gov't Mule a few times. My favorite venue they played was the Ryman in Nashville. Warren Haynes' new album with Railroad Earth is pretty good. Grabbed it on vinyl a few weeks ago, sounds perfect. Pretty low tempo though. Also, Mule does the best covers of any band that I know of.

I've never been too crazy about the Black Crows/Robinson Brotherhood.

Common language in a world where there are very few.

AMEN! Diggin this thread.

Archived