Expectations by Cubelic

Weegle777

As a Pastor I can see how Cole 's message has been largely not heard while many have gotten hung up on one point he made. The overall message----- what was he saying. I heard this. We are Auburn, not bama and as Auburn we should have goals, attitudes, and methods of Auburn men. The past and future of Auburn is built on doing things the right way. That is in winning and losing. Because to be a Winner, you have to learn to lose and to rise up from that loss.

What message? Who wants to learn how to lose?

Pastor has a point....probably everyone needs to learn how to lose....far as I know, nobody gets through life without disappointments and losses. Those who can't handle the disappointments of life end up pretty bitter and angry based on my observations of this world.

Meanwhile....I'm Auburn, .....win, lose or draw.....WE

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Pastor I can see how Cole 's message has been largely not heard while many have gotten hung up on one point he made. The overall message----- what was he saying. I heard this. We are Auburn, not bama and as Auburn we should have goals, attitudes, and methods of Auburn men. The past and future of Auburn is built on doing things the right way. That is in winning and losing. Because to be a Winner, you have to learn to lose and to rise up from that loss.

What message? Who wants to learn how to lose?

Pastor has a point....probably everyone needs to learn how to lose....far as I know, nobody gets through life without disappointments and losses. Those who can't handle the disappointments of life end up pretty bitter and angry based on my observations of this world.

Meanwhile....I'm Auburn, .....win, lose or draw.....WE

I have to say that I understand the sentiment of "We are Auburn, not bama.", but, when that is said in the context of this subject, the message that that statement sends is "I am okay with losing as long as we are nothing like bama." That is incomprehensible to me as a competitive individual. What competitors do in every realm of life, be it sports, business, or whatever path, is to learn what the successful are doing and start doing it. We can say all day that the only reason for bama's success is because they cheat and pay players. And Auburn does it the right way. If that is where you think their success is derived from, you are absolutely ignorant. It took me looking at what they do from a business standpoint and then it started to make sense as far as why they are successful. They are winning because they are better at the business model of running their program like, you guessed it, a business. Which is what EVERY college football program is. And to answer the question of what decision has to be made to be that way, you have to decide whether you are going to treat it like a business or not. You either sign the max and cut the underperforming, or you leave the underperforming on the roster taking a slot from a better player.

This is proof that having played the game doesn't make your opnion anymore accurate than the next guy.

There are bits of truth in there but you can't see them for all the ridiculous statements.

Cole Cubelic needs to tell his brother to shut it down. Cole is good at what he does but his rep is going to take a hit if things like this keep getting posted as "what Cubelic said."

not cole!

Archived