Faisal Mohammad

AURaptor

Right because aurora Colorado shootings happened, there wasn't any jump to conclusion of who did it, even though they had the name of the guy right there. Oh wait yes it was. They automatically tag some tea party member, when the actual shooter at no Tea party affiliation whatsoever.

That was only done by one media outlet, ABC news. And in there coverage they did report that they were unclear if it was the Tea Party member.

First of all, you don't go out and besmirch and trash the name of an innocent man on a "hunch". Or just because the name is similar to the one you're looking into. Second it isn't the only time that's happened either. Remember the " targets" on certain districts by Sarah Palin on her Facebook page? That was presented by many in the media as having something to do the shooting of a Congress woman in Arizona. It's an actual running narrative from the left, to jump to conclusions about somebody before they actually have the evidence. Remember the "white" Hispanic who killed Trayvon Martin?

It was one media outlet report. Didn't garner that much attention and was corrected almost immediately. We live in an age of instant media so mistakes will happen. Jumping to conclusions about somebody before having evidence. Is that like the WMD's Iraq had that no one could find even after we bombed the hell out of them?

And no, I don't remember Sarah Palin's FB page. Mostly because I think SP is one of the biggest idiots on planet earth. Yes, I remember Trayvon Martin but fail to see your point.

Elle, you are better than this. Raptor has the point on this item. Zimmerman was never a white man. The Gabby Giffords shooting was complete crap too. They did a "zero effort to validate" the data and came away mis-identifying a completely innocent man simply because it fit the MSM narrative. In the Zimmerman case, NBC pro-actively edited the audio tape to make Zimmerman appear more guilty than he already was. No one got punished for that. No one lost their job. No one was even shamed by it. Look at Rather. He has a $200M movie, Truth-iness, that is trying to do nothing but whitewash his own failures as a reporter. I dont agree with Raptor much, but, YOU LOSE. He is dead on right in this debate.

The people in the news media get away with smears and innuendos all the time and never get punished while common everyday Americans get ruined lives. It is unfair in extremis.

So then, if this is the case, that American lives are ruined by hasty rush to judgement decisions by media outlets then how does that support the argument in the OP that the suspects name was not released immediately?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a student, so where was the potential for a "rush to judgment"? They knew who he was or likely had the opportunity to know who he was within the first couple of hours. Saying that they had to contact next of kin is valid, but his parents still live in Santa Clara .

Right because aurora Colorado shootings happened, there wasn't any jump to conclusion of who did it, even though they had the name of the guy right there. Oh wait yes it was. They automatically tag some tea party member, when the actual shooter at no Tea party affiliation whatsoever.

That was only done by one media outlet, ABC news. And in there coverage they did report that they were unclear if it was the Tea Party member.

First of all, you don't go out and besmirch and trash the name of an innocent man on a "hunch". Or just because the name is similar to the one you're looking into. Second it isn't the only time that's happened either. Remember the " targets" on certain districts by Sarah Palin on her Facebook page? That was presented by many in the media as having something to do the shooting of a Congress woman in Arizona. It's an actual running narrative from the left, to jump to conclusions about somebody before they actually have the evidence. Remember the "white" Hispanic who killed Trayvon Martin?

It was one media outlet report. Didn't garner that much attention and was corrected almost immediately. We live in an age of instant media so mistakes will happen. Jumping to conclusions about somebody before having evidence. Is that like the WMD's Iraq had that no one could find even after we bombed the hell out of them?

And no, I don't remember Sarah Palin's FB page. Mostly because I think SP is one of the biggest idiots on planet earth. Yes, I remember Trayvon Martin but fail to see your point.

Elle, you are better than this. Raptor has the point on this item. Zimmerman was never a white man. The Gabby Giffords shooting was complete crap too. They did a "zero effort to validate" the data and came away mis-identifying a completely innocent man simply because it fit the MSM narrative. In the Zimmerman case, NBC pro-actively edited the audio tape to make Zimmerman appear more guilty than he already was. No one got punished for that. No one lost their job. No one was even shamed by it. Look at Rather. He has a $200M movie, Truth-iness, that is trying to do nothing but whitewash his own failures as a reporter. I dont agree with Raptor much, but, YOU LOSE. He is dead on right in this debate.

The people in the news media get away with smears and innuendos all the time and never get punished while common everyday Americans get ruined lives. It is unfair in extremis.

So then, if this is the case, that American lives are ruined by hasty rush to judgement decisions by media outlets then how does that support the argument in the OP that the suspects name was not released immediately?

Because that hasty rush to judgement only flows one way. Hasan was and is a terrorist. Why cant they say that? If someone had a similar name and was a Tea Party member, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be front page news in 20 minutes just like in the Giffords case.

So let me get this straight.. . . our government, law enforcement and main stream media engage in rush to judgement decisions unless it involves Muslims who are protected by our Muslim president?

Ok, I'm just going to bow out here since it is said that when you argue with a crazy person a bystander might not be able to tell just who is crazy.

So let me get this straight.. . . our government, law enforcement and main stream media engage in rush to judgement decisions unless it involves Muslims who are protected by our Muslim president?

Ok, I'm just going to bow out here since it is said that when you argue with a crazy person a bystander might not be able to tell just who is crazy.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

So let me get this straight.. . . our government, law enforcement this administration and main stream media tend to engage in rush to judgement decisions unless it involves Muslims who are protected by our Muslim president?

tumblr_lxwz0wmB6g1r8vayvo1_500.jpg

FTFY...oh my goodness.

:party: I love the part where you start dancing!

It wasn't just one media outlet, it was ABC news, a national service. How many times has a national servers going to air was something so wrong and irresponsible? But for some reason you just want to give the house because "it was just one out what"

WMD? Really? Just ignore all the stuff that we did find , years and years after the war. You forget that we telegraphed our intentions to Saddam months and months before the actual attack.

Of course you don't remember the Sarah Palin Facebook issue, you're a low information voter. Assuming you vote, that is.

Also about Trayvon case, do you remember how NBC edited the 911 call by Eric Zimmerman? Never mind, just continue to fail to understand my point. You're pretty good at that.

:party: :party: :party:

At this point, do you even remember what the original subject was? :laugh:

The media and government work together to keep people uniformed about the amount of muslim activity going on in this country as obama brings in more muslims by the thousands.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! It's supposed to be secret. ;)

Because that hasty rush to judgement only flows one way. Hasan was and is a terrorist. Why cant they say that? If someone had a similar name and was a Tea Party member, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be front page news in 20 minutes just like in the Giffords case.

The military claimed there was a legal reason:

Hasan was arraigned by a military court on July 20, 2011 and was charged with 13 counts ofpremeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted murder under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. His court-martial began on August 7, 2013. Due to the nature of the charges (more than one premeditated, or first-degree, murder case, in a single crime), Hasan faced either the death penalty or life in prison without parole upon conviction.[12][13] Hasan was found guilty on all 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder on August 23, 2013, and was sentenced to death on August 28, 2013.

Days after the shooting, reports in the media revealed that a Joint Terrorism Task Force had been aware of a series of e-mails between Hasan and the Yemen-based imamAnwar al-Awlaki, who had been monitored by the NSA as a security threat, and that Hasan's colleagues had been aware of his increasing radicalization for several years. The failure to prevent the shootings led the Defense Department and the FBI to commission investigations, and Congress to hold hearings.

The U.S. government declined requests from survivors and family members of the slain to categorize the Fort Hood shooting as an act of terrorism, or motivated by militantIslamic religious convictions.[14] In November 2011, a group of survivors and family members filed a lawsuit against the government for negligence in preventing the attack, and to force the government to classify the shootings as terrorism. The Pentagon argued that charging Hasan with terrorism was not possible within the military justice system and that such action could harm the military prosecutors' ability to sustain a guilty verdict against Hasan.[10]

https://en.wikipedia...t_Hood_shooting

You actually quoted a wikipedia page? Really?

If you use your logic, why would we ever prosecute a terrorism case? Why would we even keep the laws on the books?

Got one for you now. If you really want to argue this, THEN WHY HAVE HATE CRIMES ON THE BOOKS EITHER?

If you use your logic, why would we ever prosecute a terrorism case? Why would we even keep the laws on the books?

Follow the citation, lazybones.

Military law expert Scott L. Silliman says the answer is simple - because the Uniform Code of Military Justice does not have a punitive article for "terrorism."

"It would have been totally unprecedented to have that sort of thing occur," says Silliman, who has served as senior attorney at two large military installations and three major Air Force commands. "Now, if the crime had occurred off the post, then there might have been what we call concurrent jurisdiction between the civilian authorities and the military authorities."

Why can't the administration call this an act of terror without charging Hasan as a terrorist? According to a widely quoted Pentagon position paper opposing Purple Hearts for the victims, that would allow the defense to argue that Hasan "cannot receive a fair trial because a branch of government has indirectly declared that Major Hasan is a terrorist - that he is criminally culpable."

Follow the citation, lazybones.

Military law expert Scott L. Silliman says the answer is simple - because the Uniform Code of Military Justice does not have a punitive article for "terrorism."

"It would have been totally unprecedented to have that sort of thing occur," says Silliman, who has served as senior attorney at two large military installations and three major Air Force commands. "Now, if the crime had occurred off the post, then there might have been what we call concurrent jurisdiction between the civilian authorities and the military authorities."

Why can't the administration call this an act of terror without charging Hasan as a terrorist? According to a widely quoted Pentagon position paper opposing Purple Hearts for the victims, that would allow the defense to argue that Hasan "cannot receive a fair trial because a branch of government has indirectly declared that Major Hasan is a terrorist - that he is criminally culpable."

sssshhhhhh. We have federal laws that are used versus active duty military all the time. UCMJ does not stop all legal actions against military members.

Elle, you are better than this. Raptor has the point on this item. Zimmerman was never a white man. The Gabby Giffords shooting was complete crap too....

For some reason, this assertion fascinates me. It reveals a mode of thought that's alien to me.

Homer, it's pretty pathetic that you cannot even follow along in a conversation without resorting to dancing emoticons. Yes, I never forgot what the issue was here. You on the other hand clearly display you have no clue.

Homer, it's pretty pathetic that you cannot even follow along in a conversation without resorting to dancing emoticons. Yes, I never forgot what the issue was here. You on the other hand clearly display you have no clue.

Well I certainly have a clue about your habit of expanding the discussion whenever you get into a tight spot. :rolleyes:

It reminds me of a fighter plane deploying chaff and executing evasive maneuvering after radar has locked on. You may have missed your calling. You have great instincts.

There is no tight spot, genius. It's called putting everything into context. It's called adding to my story to back it up. It's called supporting my position.

There is no tight spot, genius. It's called putting everything into context. It's called adding to my story to back it up. It's called supporting my position.

What was that position again?

I knew you couldn't remember. Of course, for you to remember you would have to have known in the first place.

You'd think the government (FBI) and the media (NBC, CNN, NY Post) would have learned their lesson about leaking and issuing stories based on unconfirmed information

If Richard Jewell was still alive, he'd say hello.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9707/31/reno.jewell/index.html

Attorney General Janet Reno expressed personal regret Thursday over a leak to the news media that cited Richard Jewell as a suspect in the Centennial Olympic Park bombing and led to months of intense public scrutiny of his life.

"I'm very sorry it happened," Reno said during her weekly news conference. "I think we owe him an apology. I regret the leak."

There has been no information made public as to who leaked Jewell's name.

The attorney general said she had not sent Jewell a formal written apology, but would be happy to talk with him.

Asked what she would say to Jewell if they met face-to-face, Reno said, "I would tell him I'm sorry."

I knew you couldn't remember. Of course, for you to remember you would have to have known in the first place.

Please, just provide the post # in which you expressed it.

If this thread was reversed many would be claiming red herring or strawman. I am joining Elle. Everyone has their preconceived opinion and a message board is not going to change those opinions.

If this thread was reversed many would be claiming red herring or strawman. I am joining Elle. Everyone has their preconceived opinion and a message board is not going to change those opinions.

you must live your life in a vaccum. Think Ft Hood was " work place violence " ? Think the Times Square bomber was someone upset about the ACA ? Or the Boston Bomber was motivated by anti govt, anti taxation views ? Or that the shooter who attacked Gabby Giffords and others was motivated by some post on Sarah Palin's facebook page, which " allegedly " showed gun target icons in several parts of the country, including Arizona ?

Because if you listened to the MSM, as it appears you do, then those are the narratives you'd buy into, simply because that's how those things were first reported or presented.

@ homer - post # 6.

Archived