Auburn vs Indianapolis - 11/5/15

kwren34

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowers with a basket. 110-107... Canty with a defensive rebound..and he's fouled. 15.8 to play. Canty will shoot 2... 1st good. 2nd good. 112-107...

We can't defend a DII school?

Not a good sign

This game was totally irrelevant. 1. It doesn't count. 2. Auburn has a lot of new players this year. Pearl is using these exhibition games to try different lineups and see what they can do and what works. 3. Indianapolis is the #8 ranked team in the country in division 2...They aren't a scrub team..

GREAT sign to finally have a Point Guard that can knock down free throws. Canty is 13-13 from the line tonight and we needed everyone of them.

Indeed....FTs not an AU specialty....otherwise, it was practice and I'm not drawing any conclusions from the game. ....other than AU is likely to have a difficult season with all the new players.

Good win. Obviously some things to work out on D but love that we have the ability to score like that. Looks like we might have some players on this team!

Any Top 10 D2 basketball team could play with most D1 teams. Sometimes the difference is the players on the D2 teams couldn't qualify for a D1 school. They are just as talented on the floor.

Pearl after the game said they were basically playing against 5 guards. Hard to defend. He also said he needs meds for his team because he thinks they are all ADD. He makes an adjustment and they go do something else. Youth. Gotta love Pearl. Exciting potential. Way to gut out a win before the real season starts.

He said before the game the game would be close.....you guys didn't believe him?

Actually, I'm not that concerned. It was practice. Am concerned about Bowers FT shooting, though. Big liability.

This was an exhibition tune-up.... Chill. Out. We're playing new guys, playing a very good D2 team. Do you really believe a close call against a team like this in a sport like basketball is a huge red flag? There's no game plan, there's no emphasis; the emphasis is running stuff, seeing what we have, competing. We're also missing two of our best players in Tahj and Purifoy. Chill out. Stop the meltdown. I've had enough of it on football board

This was an exhibition tune-up.... Chill. Out. We're playing new guys, playing a very good D2 team. Do you really believe a close call against a team like this in a sport like basketball is a huge red flag? There's no game plan, there's no emphasis; the emphasis is running stuff, seeing what we have, competing. We're also missing two of our best players in Tahj and Purifoy. Chill out. Stop the meltdown. I've had enough of it on football board

Relax. You're seeing "meltdowns" that don't exist.

Bowes ft shooting is a problem. 3/13 is the line I saw. That is just terrible. Thank goodness we have some other guys with size now so he can sit towards the end of the game

He said before the game the game would be close.....you guys didn't believe him?

Just thought it might be close at a lower level....looks like an NBA score...except those points were racked up with 20% less playing time.

But as noted...just practice and likely BP just putting groups together to give them the opportunity to play.....and gotta love his ADD quote....just confirms what I've noticed for several years.....during the game, most players don't pay much attention to the coaches....happened under Barbee and does not sound like much has changed.

We might as well get used to missing on Purifoy unless said otherwise. At this point, it looks like he won't be elgible. Meltdown commence.

One positive I took from this game was that Auburn found a way to win against a team that had an answer for everything Auburn did.

To me, it doesn't matter who Auburn played last night, wins like this lead to chemistry between the players. Wins like this increase trust between the players and the coaching staff. Honestly, this Indianapolis team could probably beat half of the division 1 teams.

Just thought it might be close at a lower level....looks like an NBA score...except those points were racked up with 20% less playing time.

But as noted...just practice and likely BP just putting groups together to give them the opportunity to play.....and gotta love his ADD quote....just confirms what I've noticed for several years.....during the game, most players don't pay much attention to the coaches....happened under Barbee and does not sound like much has changed.

I just really wished you knew how ridiculous saying a b ball team doesn't listen to their coach really was....this isn't football

Archived