2016 or 17?

AUwent

The general consensus on here is that the next two years will be at least somewhat better (I agree). But which one gives us the better chance to be a contender?

2016=I'm predicting Coleman, Kozan and Young stay, and Adams and Lawson leave. That gives us 16 ret. starters, with 9 on offense. It's a very experienced team. The only problem is that the entire SEC and Clemson appears to be filled with veteran squads next year as well.

2017=If Barber and Williams become SEC breakout stars next year like I think they will, they might go pro. If they stay, look out. But if they leave, that leaves us with just 12 ret. starters (assuming my 2016 ret. starters holds true). Fortunately, the entire SEC and Clemson is probably going to be rebuilding a bit (I expect Watson, Fournette, Chubb, etc. to go pro).

So with this quandary in mind, which year do you think will be better?

Whichever year that the media predicts us to go 7-5 and be at the bottom of the west.

This.

Too bad this is where Auburn football has regressed too.

Trying to determine what year we are decent again and do it with so many ifs and butts. Would not mind trying the LSU or Alabama methods for once.

Trying to determine what year we are decent again and do it with so many ifs and butts. Would not mind trying the LSU or Alabama methods for once.

Naw man, we would rather lose than be like bama. Don't you know that? It's not about winning, it's about doing it the right way! Thought you knew that. ;D

We will compete for an SEC championship next year and more so for 2017. We are not that far off IMHO from being 5-3 or 6-2 this season so far. A win over TAMU is just what the doctor ordered.

I'm pretty pessimistic about things today, but I've learned at Auburn things can go from good to bad to good in a very short time frame. It can be frustrating but hopefully better times are ahead.

Naw man, we would rather lose than be like bama. Don't you know that? It's not about winning, it's about doing it the right way! Thought you knew that. ;D/>

Watching ole miss and ark just frustrates me more.

While we are pulling in a juco qb that is a head scratcher at best. Wonder how that makes the qbs on the team feel? Chemistry is missing and not sure that helps. Looks more desperation than know what I am doing.

Just wondering, who do y'all see us beating next year? I think 9-3 is very possible, but I'll say 8-4 and 9-4 with a bowl win right now.

Everyone we play is heading up. We are heading down.

When arky is creative on first down and we are predictable well....it does not look good.

Head coach heading into his fourth year and we have no established qb nor do we have a promisable plan we are in trouble.

Even ga has the promise of a number one coming in to turn things around fast. We on the other hand are using a magic 8 ball and picking up another juco.

^I think that's just for depth. SW SEEMS better than say, Clint Moseley.

I'm irritated with Gus's coaching as much as (and probably more so than) anyone, but I recognize we have to give him another year or we'd never be able to find a decent coach who would come here. Most seem to think '16 and '17 will be better, so I just thought this would be an interesting question.

Evidently, I was right. :)

I Agree.

Been pleased with Sean. Would like to see more ownership and confidence. I don't give much credit for the freshman thing. He has been here two years and I see plenty of other freshmen taking charge playing this year.

I'm still in with Gus but another year or two like this and not sure he is the one for the job.

Before it's over the guy at the airport looking for a proven winner may be the genius after all.

2017. The depth and experience on D will be better. Offense should be clicking with a backfield of seniors. Bama and UGA at home.

Win the national championship 2017 in Atlanta. 2018 = 7-5

Archived