Ole Miss vs Arkansas

Maverick.AU

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man....I just can't get enthused about OM....AU had a good chance at beating them with a couple plays here or there....that game and the game today just make me shake my head over the fact that they beat bama.

Man....I just can't get enthused about OM....AU had a good chance at beating them with a couple plays here or there....that game and the game today just make me shake my head over the fact that they beat bama.

Bama helped Ole Miss out a lot. 24 points on five turnovers, and some big plays. I think one of them was a 70+ yard pass. I still think Ole MIss is a good team, but I don't think they were "score 43 points against Bama on the road in their 3rd game" good.

Bama helped Ole Miss out a lot. 24 points on five turnovers, and some big plays. I think one of them was a 70+ yard pass. I still think Ole MIss is a good team, but I don't think they were "score 43 points against Bama on the road in their 3rd game" good.

I expect most outsider media people think that bama would bury OM if they played again....which is why I think that the bama loss to OM is mostly being dismissed as a fluke...even by the playoff committee.

I expect most outsider media people think that bama would bury OM if they played again....which is why I think that the bama loss to OM is mostly being dismissed as a fluke...even by the playoff committee.

Apparently it gets dismissed because Florida drubbed them in the Swamp, and Alabama made so many mistakes. College football media and polls love Alabama. Normally it loves Florida too, but that loss to LSU in Tiger Stadium by a TD is somehow worse than Alabama losing at home. I'm hoping LSU knocks them out of the race completely tonight. Ole Miss played a nearly perfect game against them, so I'm not convinced that Ole Miss would have lost without all of Alabama's turnovers.

Wouldn't be surprised if bama gets in top four IF ole miss wins out.

I would be. Alot else would have to happen in order for two SEC teams to get in. If both teams win out, only Ole Miss has chance to go, IMO.

What Ole Miss does is really irrelevant for Alabama. Alabama has to win out, which includes LSU tonight, road trips to Mississippi State and us, then Florida in the Georgia Dome. That's four games where they could reasonably lose one. The chances of a one loss Alabama being left out are remote. A two loss Alabama is all but eliminated. A combination of Notre Dame, Michigan State, Clemson, Ohio State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Iowa would have to drop games for that. The Alabama/SEC love is strong, but I don't think it overcomes letting a two loss team go while an undefeated or one loss conference champion (that played a championship game) sits at home.

Wish Auburn could play like these two.

Kelly is putting on a clinic today

Kelly, yeah but what about Brandon Allen? Who woke him up? He has been near flawless.

What Ole Miss does is really irrelevant for Alabama. Alabama has to win out, which includes LSU tonight, road trips to Mississippi State and us, then Florida in the Georgia Dome. That's four games where they could reasonably lose one. The chances of a one loss Alabama being left out are remote. A two loss Alabama is all but eliminated. A combination of Notre Dame, Michigan State, Clemson, Ohio State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Iowa would have to drop games for that. The Alabama/SEC love is strong, but I don't think it overcomes letting a two loss team go while an undefeated or one loss conference champion (that played a championship game) sits at home.

A one loss Alabama stays home if Ole Miss wins out. It absolutely matters what Ole Miss does. Unless you are suggesting that two SEC teams will go, which will not happen unless alot of other teams start losing multiple games.

Kelly, yeah but what about Brandon Allen? Who woke him up? He has been near flawless.

Yep...every week is like a new season to most SEC QBs.....just never know how they will play.

T

A one loss Alabama stays home if Ole Miss wins out. It absolutely matters what Ole Miss does. Unless you are suggesting that two SEC teams will go, which will not happen unless alot of other teams start losing multiple games.

In the more crowded BCS picture, a non conference champion Alabama managed to go to the big game. I'm not sure the playoff committee treats them any different now that the field has expanded to four. A two loss Ole Miss is definitely not going, and I'm not convinced that Florida could beat Ole Miss again.

You are right sir.

Hurts to we the fat man do so well

No way. They love alabama way too much

Arkansas holds and gets the ball back. Throw down the field caught at the Ole Miss 30. 3 seconds to play. Arkansas trying a FG. Should be around 47 yards....

Archived