Ole Miss vs Arkansas

Maverick.AU

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole Miss needs to not open the door up for Bama even further.

I'm not counting on Ole Miss for that. I'm hoping LSU does it.

Ole Miss needs to not open the door up for Bama even further.

I'm not counting on Ole Miss for that. I'm hoping LSU does it.

Every bit helps a struggling Auburn fan survive this tumultuous season. Please donate today.

That's wasn't Treadwell. Reply before commercial it was the safety, Bridges

Wouldn't be surprised if bama gets in top four IF ole miss wins out.

What Ole Miss does is really irrelevant for Alabama. Alabama has to win out, which includes LSU tonight, road trips to Mississippi State and us, then Florida in the Georgia Dome. That's four games where they could reasonably lose one. The chances of a one loss Alabama being left out are remote. A two loss Alabama is all but eliminated. A combination of Notre Dame, Michigan State, Clemson, Ohio State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Iowa would have to drop games for that. The Alabama/SEC love is strong, but I don't think it overcomes letting a two loss team go while an undefeated or one loss conference champion (that played a championship game) sits at home.

A one loss Alabama stays home if Ole Miss wins out. It absolutely matters what Ole Miss does. Unless you are suggesting that two SEC teams will go, which will not happen unless alot of other teams start losing multiple games.

In the more crowded BCS picture, a non conference champion Alabama managed to go to the big game. I'm not sure the playoff committee treats them any different now that the field has expanded to four. A two loss Ole Miss is definitely not going, and I'm not convinced that Florida could beat Ole Miss again.

If Ole Miss wins out, Alabama doesn't go. It's that simple IMO. Unless they both go, which thy won't.

So I've been watching this game on the CBS streaming app...

It keeps going back in time all of a sudden? Or is it just me.

Also. I am very concerned that we struggled to score against both of these guys when they obviously had no problem hanging half a hundred on each other in regulation...

Wow.....what a play by Arky to make that first down

Catch down field on 4th and 25....WR throws it backwards in desperation....Arky player picks it up and runs to the opposite side of the field and gets the first down.. wow...desperation at its finest.

Need to get this over before the AU game starts

Wouldn't be surprised if bama gets in top four IF ole miss wins out.

What Ole Miss does is really irrelevant for Alabama. Alabama has to win out, which includes LSU tonight, road trips to Mississippi State and us, then Florida in the Georgia Dome. That's four games where they could reasonably lose one. The chances of a one loss Alabama being left out are remote. A two loss Alabama is all but eliminated. A combination of Notre Dame, Michigan State, Clemson, Ohio State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Iowa would have to drop games for that. The Alabama/SEC love is strong, but I don't think it overcomes letting a two loss team go while an undefeated or one loss conference champion (that played a championship game) sits at home.

A one loss Alabama stays home if Ole Miss wins out. It absolutely matters what Ole Miss does. Unless you are suggesting that two SEC teams will go, which will not happen unless alot of other teams start losing multiple games.

In the more crowded BCS picture, a non conference champion Alabama managed to go to the big game. I'm not sure the playoff committee treats them any different now that the field has expanded to four. A two loss Ole Miss is definitely not going, and I'm not convinced that Florida could beat Ole Miss again.

If Ole Miss wins out, Alabama doesn't go. It's that simple IMO. Unless they both go, which thy won't.

Oh, they won't both go. Ole Miss is already eliminated with two losses. I just happen to think that Alabama is the only team in the country that could fail to win their division or conference, and still make it in.

Announcers are idiots He just said they are looking to see who touched the ball first after the backward pass.. WHAT? That is totally irrelevant.. it was a backwards pass at the end (not sure why he did that) but Arkansas recovers it anyway.. It's first and 10 or first and goal pending the spot of the ball.

Archived