12 Months Ago

countoff

Exactly 12 months ago, Auburn was ranked #3 in the nation and the majority of the posters on this board were wanting to talk about which playoff location we were going to play in and who we were going to play.

But those of us who were truly watching the games knew things were not good. The defense was awful and the offense was sporadic at best. Nick Marshall was not running the ball very often and drives were prematurely stalling. We were winning but we were getting outplayed.

At that time, I made the mistake of stating on this board that we needed to focus less on the playoffs and a whole lot more on the Texas AM team. It did not go over well on this board. But we saw how things went for our team from the T AM game last year until the game today.

This year, the players we hoped would lead this team are no longer getting significant playing time or were cut from the team. We have played poorly. We are in last place. Huge disappointment.

But the big difference between this year and 2012 is that some unexpected players have stepped up and surprised us. And the beauty of this is that those unexpected players are young. Last week the defense showed they are capable of having a goal line stand and they actually forced some punts. We're just searching for consistency.

That is why I think our football team is going to step up and beat a 6-2 team today.

12 months from today, we will all be pointing to this game as the turnaround point for a very successful 2016 season for the Auburn Tigers.

Come on guys. I believe in you! Don't make me regret this post.

War Eagle

"At that time, I made the mistake of stating on this board that we needed to focus less on the playoffs and a whole lot more on the Texas AM team"

Another "I called it" thread, when you didn't. The hyperbole is off the charts too. At this point last year, I was scared sh**less because I knew our defense couldn't get off the field against USCe, we didn't deserve the Ole Miss win, and because we had already lost to Moo state in a sloppy game. Literally nobody was talking about playoff reservations. I used to hear from the sunshine pumpers "we are winning and yet you are still complaining" because many of us knew we weren't going anywhere and we were actively voicing those frustrations. If you ask me, the euphoria of the LSU game was the climatic point and it all unraveled from there.

As far as the rest of your post. I hope TAM turns out to be a turnaround game.

"At that time, I made the mistake of stating on this board that we needed to focus less on the playoffs and a whole lot more on the Texas AM team"

Another "I called it" thread, when you didn't. The hyperbole is off the charts too. At this point last year, I was scared sh**less because I knew our defense couldn't get off the field against USCe, we didn't deserve the Ole Miss win, and because we had already lost to Moo state in a sloppy game. Literally nobody was talking about playoff reservations. I used to hear from the sunshine pumpers "we are winning and yet you are still complaining" because many of us knew we weren't going anywhere and we were actively voicing those frustrations. If you ask me, the euphoria of the LSU game was the climatic point and it all unraveled from there.

Ahhh actually....yes I did call it. Don't know if you can look at my old post on this board or not. But if so you will see it.

And yes...there were a lot of people refusing to believe Auburn could actually lose to ATM and shouting down the warnings. All while discussing who they would rather play in the playoffs. Based on your attitude right now, I would bet you were one of them.

With you Count!!

I've been feeling for two weeks that we are about to break out.

I think last week that feeling turned out to the the double bean burrito from Moe's.......

But this week is really it!

Ahhh actually....yes I did call it. Don't know if you can look at my old post on this board or not. But if so you will see it.

And yes...there were a lot of people refusing to believe Auburn could actually lose to ATM and shouting down the warnings. All while discussing who they would rather play in the playoffs. Based on your attitude right now, I would bet you were one of them.

Show me some posts from that week where we were still discussing who we would rather play in the playoffs. Playoffs was by far not a forgone conclusion at the time. And there is no attitude. Am I posting in capital letters or yelling with exclamation marks?

Interesting...you start the post reminding us of how far we have fallen this year and then jump straight into how much we sucked last year, as if that had some relevance. If you want to rile up the troops that's great, but starting a thread by thumping your chest probably isn't the best way to do it. A secret to other would-be chest pounders: no one cares if you were right. No one is going to believe you anyway, and these posts do nothing but annoy people. On top of that, of all the games to choose to be optimistic about you pick A&M: a road game in the rain against a team that has a very good chance at blowing us out. I hope we win too, but I'm sure not getting my hopes up.

Nothing personal. WDE

Well, I would hope this would be the game we turn it around...but it looks like JJ is starting so... Yeah

Whoa! JJ is starting?

I've been out of the house all day. When was this announced? Is this because of SW's injury?

Well, I would hope this would be the game we turn it around...but it looks like JJ is starting so... Yeah

Whoa! JJ is starting?

I've been out of the house all day. When was this announced? Is this because of SW's injury?

Minutes ago. Yes.

Why even come on here and piss all over a thread, Jeff?

How am I pissing on the thread, bird? I just gave my opinion that he misremembered last season during TAM week. Good lord

Edit: You know how to send messages. Do it.

Well I've bought in to SW. So now I'm nervous.

There are still some on this board that think Gus pulled the plug too early and just needed more time. Here's his chance. Sure hope he steps up.

Appreciate the back up Bird. Not a big fan of unrealistic sunshine pumping. But also hate all the unreasonable negativity too. I've seen improvement in the team and I really think (hope) this will be a turnaround game.

With you Count!!

I've been feeling for two weeks that we are about to break out.

I think last week that feeling turned out to the the double bean burrito from Moe's.......

But this week is really it!

Good feeling's gone.

Archived