***Auburn 26 Texas A&M 10 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Something to note here that some may not realize is that while they were only FG's, we scored on every possession in the 2nd half. (except our possession to end the game of course). We convert even two of those to TD's and this game doesn't even look close on the scoreboard. It wasn't nearly as close as the final score seems to indicate.

Marshall was a real weapon in the redzone. Also losing Sammy and Duke hasn't helped.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a great game all around last night. Defense looked like ol time AU defense. The offense came out clicking and set a tone for TAMU to catch up. Myles Garrett was a non-factor, so kuddos to Coleman. We have the best field goal kicker in the country. I don't understand how C Davis made that first INT. He one-handedly snatched the ball from the receiver. Great player making a great play. J Robinson was a beast and JJ did a fine job of managing the game. I have to believe Sumlin's seat is getting real warm. He's one of the highest paid coaches in the country and has nothing to show for it. His best season was Johnny Football's Heisman season and the next year when JF didn't repeat his production from the previous year, TAMU stumbled and hasn't done that well since. Great game Tigers.

War Eagle!!!!

Loved the game last night. I am not the first to mention this but I wanted to bring it up again....

1. How about Shon Coleman! Kid had an NFL starter level game last night. I never once heard Garret's name called last night. This had to be Shon's best game at AU. Garret is supposed to be the next coming and he did not show up.

2. What happened to Mack. The TAM 5 star DT? Was he hurt. Did he play. He was a freshman highlight film early this year and I do not recall him even being in the game yesterday.

3. How good is Carlton Davis! Dude looks pretty big as a CB too. That was an extremely athletic play he made on the ball when he intercepted the pass in the end zone.

4. Carl Lawson. Nough said!

5. Stat Tiger mentioned this... Jovon Robinson looked very good. Great to see him playing like this.

6. No turnovers makes a huge difference.

Gus and Rhett put together a game plan to make Garrett disappear. Phenomenal really.

Interesting...Gus told Maria Taylor that Rhett Lashlee called most of the plays that worked

My guess is to keep Rhett promotable to future HC possibilities , as well as everything finally clicked at QB so everyone looked good.

You may be on to something

Great 1st half for both sides of the ball. The 2nd half was ok to good. Defense played well while the offense stalled in the red zone. Gus seemed to be content with fgs and eating up the clock. I don't know how many runs we had that didn't gain at least 2 yrds in the game but it was very very few. That's why I can't understand why we don't go for it on 4th and 1 or 4th and 2 inside the opponents 20 yard line. That, and the mass substitutions taking out guys that are doing great and putting in others in the redzone are bothersome to me. Regardless, we won an away game against a ranked opponent and it feels like the team may be a lot better for the rest of the season!

1. How about Shon Coleman! Kid had an NFL starter level game last night. I never once heard Garret's name called last night. This had to be Shon's best game at AU. Garret is supposed to be the next coming and he did not show up.

Thank you for bringing that up (it might have been discussed quite a bit elsewhere already, but I haven't been around much since the game). Not only did we not hear Garrett's name, but Shon was straight trucking dudes 10 yards downfield and letting them know that he'd just done it after the play. Kid was fired up like I haven't seen him before. That bodes very, very well for the rest of the season.

I don't understand how C Davis made that first INT. He one-handedly snatched the ball from the receiver. Great player making a great play.

On an athletic ability or by rule? The latter can be answered by the receiver not having possession as he went down, and was still a live ball as it rolled around on the receiver's body.

Mood around here sure is better. Guys played hard, made tackles on defense and ran the ball down their throats on offense. Great progress made now lets get the dawgs.

Funny how that is, huh?

But you are right, guys played hard. Definitely the most complete game played this season. Hopefully, this team has turned the corner. The UGA game will tell us alot more about where we are. Hate that it took this long for the lights to come one though.

A&M Kevin is feeling some heat now. Big boosters are getting restless

I think he has one more season to hit 10 wins. If he doesn't have a really good season next year, he's outtie. Crazy how his 6-3 and Gus's 5-4 is being looked at a lot differently right now

A&M Kevin is feeling some heat now. Big boosters are getting restless

I think he has one more season to hit 10 wins. If he doesn't have a really good season next year, he's outtie. Crazy how his 6-3 and Gus's 5-4 is being looked at a lot differently right now

The difference is Gus already has an SEC championship and took us to the big dance his first year. Even bigger, after arguably the worst season in recent history. I believe if given time, Gus can build us a nice program again, and sustain it. WDE

Archived