War damn Jeremy Johnson!!*

AUIH1

Great game Jeremy. He was put in the right position to be successful by the plays that were called. The running game took a lot of pressure off of him.

Agree 100%. Wish we could've done that for him earlier in the year. I'll take the progress on both sides of the ball along with this win. This win was huge for us. Just hope we can start getting more TDs when we get inside the 20 yard line though.

Great game Jeremy. He was put in the right position to be successful by the plays that were called. The running game took a lot of pressure off of him.

Agree 100%. Wish we could've done that for him earlier in the year. I'll take the progress on both sides of the ball along with this win. This win was huge for us. Just hope we can start getting more TDs when we get inside the 20 yard line though.

It's a team problem and whoever is at QB is part of it I guess....but we just can't keep kicking FG all season.

That problem cost us two SEC wins....and we were fortunate to catch a mediocre TAMU team playing their 2nd and 3rd string QB..plus a heads-up game by the D that took 3 of their passes.

It's a team problem and whoever is at QB is part of it I guess....but we just can't keep kicking FG all season.

That problem cost us two SEC wins....and we were fortunate to catch a mediocre TAMU team playing their 2nd and 3rd string QB..plus a heads-up game by the D that took 3 of their passes.

This was a huge win for us. I do not think TAMU is a weak team whatsoever. TAMU is capable of beating more than one or two SEC teams. We went into a loud and hostile stadium and came away with a nice win. As I have said in posts recently, we are capable of winning 2 or all of the games left on our schedule. We are a team that now has something to prove and a team that has a lot of fight left and a willingness to not give up. We are like an angry animal with its back against wall ready to fight our way back to prominence.

Good for Auburn and good for JJ and the entire team. Good for us fans too...we finally get one and not let it get away. No one can legitimately say that this team has anything but heart. Not enough wins for a lot of the things they have been through, but the players and coaches proved tonite that they are not quitters.

He deserved it......proud of him and the team....GREAT team win.....A little better in the redzone and we would all have felt much better. Best we've looked this year. Great game plan, too. War Eagle.

Huge win for Gus and a great moment for JJ. Never saw it coming but it was fun to watch AU play tonight. Hope the team and staff can use this to build on for the rest of the season.

Yeah..we're going to need TDs against UGA and Bama for sure. Just need better execution down in that area b/c it hasn't all been the play calling IMO.

nice to see JJ come through. I'll be honest that i was very nervous when i heard that he was starting, but hopefully he will at least be able to start turning around the narrative we keep hearing about what a let down he is. He'll never live up to the preseason hype, but he is a good kid and I would love to see him in a close QB competition next spring

JJ got his confidence back. Happy for him. He's a great kid. Definitely a team victory but defense played better than they have in a year at least. I was really afraid Kyle Allen would start the 2nd half. I figured he would probably pick us apart. Didn't realize he was still injured.

Reason for JJs success?

Two words:

Jovon Robinson!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. So, did Jovon throw his own blocks? No. He owes his success to the OL, he'd be lost most plays without them. It's called a team effort Debby Downer and JJ played a great part tonight. Why not give him some credit instead of being a___________. (Fill in the blank.)

Congratulations to JJ. Im an AAMU/Alabama fan, but its good seeing him overcome. He kept his head up and didn't give up. That's what sports is all about! See you all at the end of the month.

Reason for JJs success?

Two words:

Jovon Robinson!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. So, did Jovon throw his own blocks? No. He owes his success to the OL, he'd be lost most plays without them. It's called a team effort Debby Downer and JJ played a great part tonight. Why not give him some credit instead of being a___________. (Fill in the blank.)

Uh we were discussing JJ not the OLine. Keep up old man!

And great is an adjective usually reserved for greatness. That was not the case. He did his job.

I never said he stunk. I just don't want folks like you to get your hopes up because you can't understand fully what you saw.

Reason for JJs success?

Two words:

Jovon Robinson!

Uh we were discussing JJ not the OLine. Keep up old man!

And great is an adjective usually reserved for greatness. That was not the case. He did his job.

I never said he stunk. I just don't want folks like you to get your hopes up because you can't understand fully what you saw.

Me personally, I saw a guy make almost every pass that was called and didn't get a chance to reach greatness because we pretty much went into slow mo after the first two drives. There was times of tempo, but Gus pretty much went away from the spacing plays that were working and didn't give Jeremy more than 2 or so chances to kill them deep.

Essentially, I saw a guy play about as great as possible in that system. Last time he played a full game, he had Duke and having to adjust in game time to a lot of new faces that weren't there couldn't have been easy.

JJ's biggest accomplishment was that he did not turn the ball over and did not lose the game with a critical mistake.....and that was all he was asked to do....which I suggest.....is all the coaches trusted him to do. He made some timely short passes and was helped by Ray and Stevens who made some difficult catches to save what might have been INTs in the middle of the field.

I'm happy he had a good game and very happy for the win....but I'm floored that anyone thinks that game (and his stats) validates all the preseason hype about him.....or that he "won" the starting job back. More likely the guy who won a starting job last night was Jovon Robinson...who IMO, is the reason that we are able to act as if JJ made it possible to win that game.

JJ did a good job managing the team. Period. Gotta give the kid credit. He wasn't asked to do too much which IMO, is great coaching by Gus. What we witnessed tonight, I believe, is a Head coach that was easing a snakebitten former starting QB into the game. A head coach that knew his defense was playing lights out. A head coach that knew that carrying the Rock was wearing out their defense. The OL was clicking, the RB was chugging along. Our defense totally took their "12th man" out of the game demoralizing A&M. Why on earth should we have taken a chance on deep balls, risking ruining JJs confidence again? We're gonna need that kid to play confident in upcoming weeks. It wasn't flashy, but a great game plan with play calling on both sides of the ball to establish and preserve a win and make these kids believe in themselves even more. Hats off to the coaching staff and these kids for giving us fans a very enjoyable game to watch and see the fight left on this 2015 AU squad!! WDE

Archived