War damn Jeremy Johnson!!*

AUIH1

JJ's biggest accomplishment was that he did not turn the ball over and did not lose the game with a critical mistake.....and that was all he was asked to do....which I suggest.....is all the coaches trusted him to do. He made some timely short passes and was helped by Ray and Stevens who made some difficult catches to save what might have been INTs in the middle of the field.

I'm happy he had a good game and very happy for the win....but I'm floored that anyone thinks that game (and his stats) validates all the preseason hype about him.....or that he "won" the starting job back. More likely the guy who won a starting job last night was Jovon Robinson...who IMO, is the reason that we are able to act as if JJ made it possible to win that game.

Right....this is the same thing SW has done for the same reasons. As far as difficult catches saved int.....LMAO

I give the coaches credit for not giving up on these kids, for making hard choices about keeping kids off the field until their heads and attitudes were right, for giving everyone a chance to play, and for caring about these kids beyond the football field. They've been criticized a lot for play calling, and rightly so, but I know they are looking out for each kid and expect the best from them. Hopefully, the investment will pay off and the winning will continue! WDE

Reason for JJs success?

Two words:

Jovon Robinson!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. So, did Jovon throw his own blocks? No. He owes his success to the OL, he'd be lost most plays without them. It's called a team effort Debby Downer and JJ played a great part tonight. Why not give him some credit instead of being a___________. (Fill in the blank.)

Uh we were discussing JJ not the OLine. Keep up old man!

And great is an adjective usually reserved for greatness. That was not the case. He did his job.

I never said he stunk. I just don't want folks like you to get your hopes up because you can't understand fully what you saw.

Ummmm. We were talking JJ, not Jovon, so you keep up old man. You're the one that led the discussion astray.

Most people are just saying exactly what the thread title implies, War Eagle JJ! He played a great game. Just giving him kudos. You are all hung up on the semantics of the word great for some idiotic reason and are worried he'll get too much credit. Lol.

Why not just say WDE JJ! and move the discussion to one of the other threads discussing these matters? Crazy idea, right?

Yes. We were discussing JJs success, which I attributed to Jovon. See the connection there?

Read a few more posts above. OMG, there are others who agree with me. <gasp>

JJ's biggest accomplishment was that he did not turn the ball over and did not lose the game with a critical mistake.....and that was all he was asked to do....which I suggest.....is all the coaches trusted him to do. He made some timely short passes and was helped by Ray and Stevens who made some difficult catches to save what might have been INTs in the middle of the field.

I'm happy he had a good game and very happy for the win....but I'm floored that anyone thinks that game (and his stats) validates all the preseason hype about him.....or that he "won" the starting job back. More likely the guy who won a starting job last night was Jovon Robinson...who IMO, is the reason that we are able to act as if JJ made it possible to win that game.

Right....this is the same thing SW has done for the same reasons. As far as difficult catches saved int.....LMAO

No it's not!

SW has been asked to back up, read a defense and make a throw. Which he has made a lot of really nice reads. JJ was not trusted to do that once last night. As some have pointed out, very telling!

Yes. We were discussing JJs success, which I attributed to Jovon. See the connection there?

Yeah, I had a connection too and you chose to ignore because it didn't serve your purpose. This thread should just be a thread to give JJ kudos for playing a good game. There are threads for discussing the reasons he succeeded but a few goofballs seem bothered that people want to say:

"War Eagle JJ! Good Game!"

OR GOD FORBID

"Great game JJ!"

Lol. I'd say get some perspective, but you are hopelessly frantic that someone will think JJ had a good game. If you have a clonapin, take it.

Yeah, I had a connection too and you chose to ignore because it didn't serve your purpose. This thread should just be a thread to give JJ kudos for playing a good game. There are threads for discussing the reasons he succeeded but a few goofballs seem bothered that people want to say:

OR GOD FORBID

"Great game JJ!"

Lol. I'd say get some perspective, but you are hopelessly frantic that someone will think JJ had a good game. If you have a clonapin, take it.

I'm still too young to know what that is! LOL

Did your psychiatrist prescribe that?

Never said he didn't have a good game.

Just not a "great" game!

OR GOD FORBID

"Great game JJ!"

I'm still too young to know what that is! LOL

Did your psychiatrist prescribe that?

Never said he didn't have a good game.

Just not a "great" game!

You're not that young, lol.

Why do you struggle so hard with semantics?

One man's good is another man's great. Both are correct. It is relative.

I will say that I think this game gives Jeremy the confidence to compete for the starting position. If he can get his mind right I think he absolutely can be the deadly QB we thought he'd be. And personally I would like to see that, not because Sean White doesn't give us the chance to win (he does). But Jeremy could be so much better.

Imagine what Sean will look like in two years? If Jeremy gets right we can feasibly have the most dangerous offense in the league for the next four years at the very least!

Hold fast family good days are on the horizon!

I will say that I think this game gives Jeremy the confidence to compete for the starting position. If he can get his mind right I think he absolutely can be the deadly QB we thought he'd be. And personally I would like to see that, not because Sean White doesn't give us the chance to win (he does). But Jeremy could be so much better.

Imagine what Sean will look like in two years? If Jeremy gets right we can feasibly have the most dangerous offense in the league for the next four years at the very least!

Hold fast family good days are on the horizon!

Go back two years and we were saying that about JJ!

Funny how that seems to happen to us!

some of you didn't want to see JJ play...Its crazy how quick we are to throw him under the bus...smh

JJ did a great job of doing what was asked of him. Did a great job of not trying to do too much. JJ is starting to get his confidence back. There were short passes, there were slants and there were medium throws. He was calm, enthusiastic and accurate in the home of the "12th" man in his first start since game 3. I think that in the face of all the controversy he has faced, by the comments of a lot of fans after they found out he was the starter, yes he played a great game yesterday with a lot of help from his friends. War Eagle JJ!

JJ did a great job of doing what was asked of him. Did a great job of not trying to do too much. JJ is starting to get his confidence back. There were short passes, there were slants and there were medium throws. He was calm, enthusiastic and accurate in the home of the "12th" man in his first start since game 3. I think that in the face of all the controversy he has faced, by the comments of a lot of fans after they found out he was the starter, yes he played a great game yesterday with a lot of help from his friends. War Eagle JJ!

Heisman!

From this fan's perspective, and I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, we just look like a better team with JJ at QB. Sean White is a very good QB, don't get me wrong. But watching JJ throw Saturday night, his arm is light years stronger than SW's. The screens were zipped out to the flats, giving the WR that extra step to catch the ball and turn to run. The slants were on the money, and put where only our WR's could make a play on them. The pass to Kerryon down the sideline was a thing of beauty (not saying SW wouldn't/couldn't have made that throw). JJ also seemed to have our guys lined up and ready to run tempo all night, until Gus took his foot off the gas (something I think is a real problem that needs to be addressed at some point). JJ had a few bad passes, and he knew it. He missed a wide open KJ in the flat for what would have been a huge gain, but he knew it as soon as he threw it. I really think we need to let him run the ball more in the zone read, but until SW is healed up, it will never happen. With Tyler Queen out, that would leave Wallace as the QB if JJ gets hurt. Gus isn't going to risk it, however, on every zone read play in the red zone Saturday night, the entire TAMU defense ignored JJ completely. War Eagle, Jeremy!! Keep building that confidence!!!

Heisman!

Lol.

I think JJ will make us proud many times over the next 3 games. This game was the medicine that JJ needed to get his confidence back. I think that the coaches know that JJ can do far more things down the road that can yield 2 or 3 wins with the games remaining on our schedule.

I have to believe that JJ will be ready for bammer when that rolls around. This season could very well be a special one before it is all said and done.

I give the coaches credit for not giving up on these kids, for making hard choices about keeping kids off the field until their heads and attitudes were right, for giving everyone a chance to play, and for caring about these kids beyond the football field. They've been criticized a lot for play calling, and rightly so, but I know they are looking out for each kid and expect the best from them. Hopefully, the investment will pay off and the winning will continue! WDE

Great post.

Heisman!

No you don't care who qb's lol. Just read through your post in this thread as well...

From this fan's perspective, and I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, we just look like a better team with JJ at QB. Sean White is a very good QB, don't get me wrong. But watching JJ throw Saturday night, his arm is light years stronger than SW's. The screens were zipped out to the flats, giving the WR that extra step to catch the ball and turn to run. The slants were on the money, and put where only our WR's could make a play on them. The pass to Kerryon down the sideline was a thing of beauty (not saying SW wouldn't/couldn't have made that throw). JJ also seemed to have our guys lined up and ready to run tempo all night, until Gus took his foot off the gas (something I think is a real problem that needs to be addressed at some point). JJ had a few bad passes, and he knew it. He missed a wide open KJ in the flat for what would have been a huge gain, but he knew it as soon as he threw it. I really think we need to let him run the ball more in the zone read, but until SW is healed up, it will never happen. With Tyler Queen out, that would leave Wallace as the QB if JJ gets hurt. Gus isn't going to risk it, however, on every zone read play in the red zone Saturday night, the entire TAMU defense ignored JJ completely. War Eagle, Jeremy!! Keep building that confidence!!!

All reasonable assumptions/statements.

Archived