AU vs. Texas A&M Game thread...

Just started watching.

How are we beating this team? Holy hell. Coach Pearl is a genius!

If in the unlikely case it lasts, it might be a big hit to our athletic department's wallet, if you catch my drift...

How did they tie it by halftime?

(I had to miss the first half because of a daughter who is feverish.)

WT?

We need you!

What is that bell noise I keep hearing?

I was just about to ask the same thing. Annoying.

If it's still going in the 2nd, I'm turning it off.

A tornado warning just ended and they're announcing that it's over. :/

cold spell but still in the game...fewer turnovers would really help

This is worse than street ball...where are the guys who beat Arkanss

I wasn't able to catch much of the game last night, but saw it was tied at the half. When I flipped it on, AU was down 9 and hadn't scored in the second half and had to move on to other things. AU doesn't match up well at all with aTm. Bruce said it before the season and it's the honest truth, not matter what level you are playing (youth, high school, college, pro), basketball is all about matchups. Some teams can match up well against a lot of other teams, some can only matchup with a handful. That's this AU team. They only matchup well with a few teams. aTm isn't one of them.

I wasn't able to catch much of the game last night, but saw it was tied at the half. When I flipped it on, AU was down 9 and hadn't scored in the second half and had to move on to other things. AU doesn't match up well at all with aTm. Bruce said it before the season and it's the honest truth, not matter what level you are playing (youth, high school, college, pro), basketball is all about matchups. Some teams can match up well against a lot of other teams, some can only matchup with a handful. That's this AU team. They only matchup well with a few teams. aTm isn't one of them.

If you watched much of the 2nd half you would know it was not just about match-ups.....AU got outscored 20-0 in a stretch over end of first half and beginning of second half...and Dunans went wild at PG. He played under control in previous games but looked like he had been watching Steph Curry lately and was trying impossible passes that nobody could handle and NOBODY was seriously going for rebounds.....not sure we got any offensive boards.

AU was in the game in the first half and looked good but the game just evaporated when AU all of a sudden could not do anything right. Worst fundamentals game of the year IMO....felt bad for the people who had to stay and watch it til the end.

I feel some obligation to stick with the team until the season is mercifully over...but I'm glad that's gonna happy pretty soon now.

They had nice 10 minute run where they played controlled, team Bball.

Then, Dunans fell apart and could not take care of the ball and the rest of the team followed.

Had to turn it off after the 20-0 run made the outcome obvious.

Same old story. Can't put together two halves. I know we have injuries, defections, etc. but with the players er have, there has been no improvement. Part of that has to be coaching.

Everyone realizes that this was the #1 team in the SEC West, right? Yea, there were some issues with our broken team... there were also a couple of bad calls, and a team that should have mopped the court with us finally got it together and did what everyone expected them to do.

Everyone realizes that this was the #1 team in the SEC West, right? Yea, there were some issues with our broken team... there were also a couple of bad calls, and a team that should have mopped the court with us finally got it together and did what everyone expected them to do.

If we had been outplayed, that would have been one thing....but if you saw the game, you had to see that it was not just a talent issue....the team came totally apart and guys were mostly doing their own thing for the second half, wild passes, no rebounding.... That's the kind of thing that is hard to understand.

Same old story. Can't put together two halves. I know we have injuries, defections, etc. but with the players er have, there has been no improvement. Part of that has to be coaching.

No Improvement? must not watch any games and see the multiple players we have playing positions they arent supposed to have to play. That is an extremely unfair assessment given the state of the program right now. Coaching is the only reason they are even getting out there and busting their asses every game.

SEC West?

SEC West?

Yep...that's right SEC West....just a step below the NBA perhaps ? ....Otherwise it should be noted that TAMU is currently #20 nationally.....not exactly a national power. No reason for the AU team to totally lose discipline half way through the game....on our own court in front of our own fans.

SEC West?

Yep...that's right SEC West....just a step below the NBA perhaps ? ....Otherwise it should be noted that TAMU is currently #20 nationally.....not exactly a national power. No reason for the AU team to totally lose discipline half way through the game....on our own court in front of our own fans.

I'm just pointing out that there are a bunch of people making it sound like A&M was some scrub team that we should have beaten. I, for one, am just happy that our guys are still showing up. I can't imagine how hard it has to be for them when every time they move one step forward, they get knocked back by an injury, an attitude problem, or some other thing that is totally out of the majority of their control.

Archived